dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rosen sounds like the second coming of Joey Harrington to me. Talented yes, but a major dick to his teammates and an extremely high opinion of himself. Also has never got along with his OL everywhere he’s played from what I’ve heard.

Yep. He had those red flags coming out, and sounds like the new coaching staff there already has made up their mind about him without seeing a single live practice.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Zoners "DLaw or Earl?????"

Yeah, dominant pass rusher in his 20s, entering prime of his career or 30+ safety coming off two bad leg injuries.

Yeah, lets really contemplate that

Fucking idiots.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think your understanding is wrong then. Heath's going to the bench if we get an upgrade at safety.

You might want to do some research on that buddy. Everything you read says that if the team got Earl it was to replace Woods not Heath. Earl is a FS and so is Woods. A simple twitter search will tell you I’m right. Landon Collins would likely replace Heath but not Earl Thomas or Eric Weddle.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Weddle would have been good for this team 5-8 years ago but he’s 34 years old now. Better for this team to stick with youth.

Also I never though Earl Thomas would have been a good signing. He’s 30 and coming off a major injury. Then throw in his contract demands and it just doesn’t make any sense. Again, best to just stick with the youth.
I wanted to sign Weddle last time he hit free agency but now agree that his age probably precludes him having the impact we need him to have.
I think ET would significantly upgrade this secondary and I'm so out on Heath so hope you could pair him with Woods and get Heath the hell out of there. But not at the price he is asking for...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
People are so utterly stupid when it comes to the draft pick thing. It takes us years to find good players, we get some, then clowns want to trade them for draft picks that may very well turn into guys like Bobby Carpenter and Morris Claiborne
Totally agree and never understood that mentality that you draft these guys after doing your due diligence, hit a home run and then because they pan out and want to get paid you want want to bail on them!!!...then why the hell did you draft them in the first place?...to hope they do just ok so you could feel better about cutting them or paying them shit and then go back to the drawing board?...think Gruden is going to find Mack or Cooper in the draft?...fuck that, when you hit on a draft pick then figure out a way to make the money work

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Trade idea of the day by IdiotZone- D Law for Josh Rosen.

Yes, there's a thread.
Out of curiosity, since I'm relatively new to this forum and do check out the Zone occasionally, what is the beef with the Zone posters?
I do find the discussions are more in depth and on point in this forum...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You might want to do some research on that buddy. Everything you read says that if the team got Earl it was to replace Woods not Heath. Earl is a FS and so is Woods. A simple twitter search will tell you I’m right. Landon Collins would likely replace Heath but not Earl Thomas or Eric Weddle.
I would hope that if they sign ET, regardless of his inherent S position, they would figure out a way to get him and Woods on the field and jettison Heath...can we trust our coaches to do this?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, since I'm relatively new to this forum and do check out the Zone occasionally, what is the beef with the Zone posters?

Its a forum that has been over modded by idiots and many of the posters are idiots. And they still have a faction of Garrett Apologists that love the guy and swing from his jock.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I like the zone, the only issues I have there is the over moderation and censorship plus a few of the know it all idiots like Fuzzy numb nuts and Hostile who has since retreated to a cocoon of his own making

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Totally agree and never understood that mentality that you draft these guys after doing your due diligence, hit a home run and then because they pan out and want to get paid you want want to bail on them!!!...then why the hell did you draft them in the first place?...to hope they do just ok so you could feel better about cutting them or paying them shit and then go back to the drawing board?...think Gruden is going to find Mack or Cooper in the draft?...fuck that, when you hit on a draft pick then figure out a way to make the money work

Even GM’s that are known as great drafters have misses. When you have a known commodity like they do in Lawrence you pay the man. They franchised him last year and told him to “do it again”. Go on the field and give the team another good year. He didn’t have a great year like the year before but he did have double digit sacks and was a force again. He also didn’t balk like guys like Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown did when he was franchised. He sacked up, showed up to camp on time and balled out during the season. He did his part. He’s a proven pass rusher that is in the beginning of his prime. It’s idiotic to trade a guy like that.

This team’s window is now. The last thing you want to do is trade your “war daddy” and end up with another Taco. Pay the Star you groomed and work on finding a compliment to him in the draft.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Personally I was never a regular at the Zone. I think I opened an account there but the place never grabbed my attention. I get the impression this board is more like the anti-zone.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I would hope that if they sign ET, regardless of his inherent S position, they would figure out a way to get him and Woods on the field and jettison Heath...can we trust our coaches to do this?

My statements were based strictly off of what I read from tweets from the beat writers that are close to the team. I think it would be a mistake for them to give up on Woods for an injury prone older player that has delusions of grandeur. I think Woods could make huge step with another year playing under Kris Richard. I also would prefer that they find a replacement for Heath in the draft.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
David Irving, what an idiot:

"Well once they do that, give me a call," he wrote. "[Because] it's bull**** how I have Xanax bars and hydros right next to me to take — given to me by the NFL, of course — however we can't smoke the same weed the staff itself smokes." ....

"I’m in the NFL because I’m great at what I do," he wrote in a recent IG post. "I’m not in the NFL because I’m an Eagle Scout, or the perfect model citizen. I didn’t put on a mask or kiss *** to be where I am. I'm here on natural ability.

"This is God’s plan. Not mine. Trust me, I’m adjusting to it as well. Once I step on the field and stop performing, then we have a problem.

"So does anyone have anything to say about my play?"

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-off-on-NFL-weed-policy-suspension-129814277/

Top Bottom