Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
#82 is one of the great players in franchise history

With that said, he was slow and couldn’t get YAC to save his life anymore

Now he’s 2 years older (37 YO I think) and 1 year removed from football

He wasn’t helping the team that much the last couple seasons he played and was still in football shape

I’m all for him coming back to the Cowboys, but it should be as the TE coach and not as a player. That would be where he could help the team the most.

Hopefully having a season without him has shown the coaches that there are other players that can be productive and that we don’t have to put Witten in just because it’s Witten

I don't have high expectations for Witten, but I think his YAC is down primarily due to that T or Y route he runs all the time. Of course he's not going to get YAC when he's used as a safety valve. But from around the 20 yard line he seems to do pretty well on that post route. For whatever reason they don't do that elsewhere on the field. They need to open up his pass routes more. Besides Jarwin, I really have no confidence in our TEs. An old Witten is better than nothing.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Zoners be like- "Lawrence has ref flags and issues, and he is overrated anyway"

"lets just take those picks from someone, get two firsts for him and be done"

I don’t think they would get two 1st for him. A 1st and a 3rd maybe. After Ware left all they talked about was needing a “war daddy”. Now they have one, they can’t let him go. I believe they will get the deal done, he will have his surgery and we will see him in October.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Weddle would have been good for this team 5-8 years ago but he’s 34 years old now. Better for this team to stick with youth.

Also I never though Earl Thomas would have been a good signing. He’s 30 and coming off a major injury. Then throw in his contract demands and it just doesn’t make any sense. Again, best to just stick with the youth.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don’t think they would get two 1st for him. A 1st and a 3rd maybe. After Ware left all they talked about was needing a “war daddy”. Now they have one, they can’t let him go. I believe they will get the deal done, he will have his surgery and we will see him in October.

People are so utterly stupid when it comes to the draft pick thing. It takes us years to find good players, we get some, then clowns want to trade them for draft picks that may very well turn into guys like Bobby Carpenter and Morris Claiborne

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good. I prefer they stick with Xavier Woods. He played well last season and should able to improve again with another year playing for Kris Richard.

I think Xavier Woods isn't the guy a new safety would be replacing.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think Xavier Woods isn't the guy a new safety would be replacing.

From my understanding that’s exactly who Earl would replace. Weddle is also more of a FS isn’t he? Landon Collins would probably replace Heath. Both Collins and Heath are box safeties that can’t cover and they have the same number of int’s for their career. Collins will cost a lot more than Heath. Neither are ideal in my opinion.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Trade idea of the day by IdiotZone- D Law for Josh Rosen.

Yes, there's a thread.

Rosen sounds like the second coming of Joey Harrington to me. Talented yes, but a major dick to his teammates and an extremely high opinion of himself. Also has never got along with his OL everywhere he’s played from what I’ve heard.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Weddle would have been good for this team 5-8 years ago but he’s 34 years old now. Better for this team to stick with youth.

Also I never though Earl Thomas would have been a good signing. He’s 30 and coming off a major injury. Then throw in his contract demands and it just doesn’t make any sense. Again, best to just stick with the youth.

I was posting for the Earl Thomas facts, I should have said that. I think it would be a horrible decision to sign Thomas for anywhere near what he wants. I don't trust his health or desire, especially on a 3rd contract, he seems like he's just looking for one more big pay day

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its a huge safety market again this yr. i think dallas should go after one of the top tier available safeties. I dont beleive any of these guys are going to get what theyre asking for in terms of money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From my understanding that’s exactly who Earl would replace. Weddle is also more of a FS isn’t he? Landon Collins would probably replace Heath. Both Collins and Heath are box safeties that can’t cover and they have the same number of int’s for their career. Collins will cost a lot more than Heath. Neither are ideal in my opinion.

I think your understanding is wrong then. Heath's going to the bench if we get an upgrade at safety.

Top Bottom