theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Last edited:

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well the reality that we all feared is about to set in w/ rumors that Dak's extension is set to be around the $30M/yr mark.
I see both points of this argument but as a fan feel that they should play hard ball with Dak and come in around $23-$25M/yr to allow the Cowboys flexibility with paying other players (and not to give Cooper $16M/yr that's asinine!!).
We are somewhat of a victim of our better drafting in the past few years with all the talent we have accumulated and that now need to get paid and sadly we saw what this offense couldn't do without a talent like Cooper so I'm really hoping this FO has a plan with these contracts moving forward.
I'm blown away to hear that Zeke could be the odd man out here as he is the pillar of our offense. He's durable and a throw back 3 down back who does it all. I know running backs wear down fast and we are using him like a rented mule but man he is fun to watch and I'd hate to see Dak run this offense without him (oh wait we did and how did that work out!!). I'd pay him top dollar.
I like Dak especially the intangibles he brings to the Cowboys and he is leader no doubt there but he will cripple this franchise at $30M/yr. This teams is slowly rounding into shape and it's a shame that this move and possibly others could tera it all down.

Top Bottom