theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm all for this if the price is right.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jason Garrett is 67-53 as the Cowboys head coach in the regular season, but since he took the job in 2010, the team has made only two playoff appearances (Dez Bryant caught it). That's not a stellar performance.

So perhaps it shouldn't be all that surprising that Garrett's name was among the two (the other was Green Bay's Mike McCarthy) several front office sources told me had the most pressure on them this coming season.

On the bright side, both have tools to save themselves. McCarthy has one of the best quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers) to ever play this game, and Garrett has a special QB (Dak Prescott) of his own, an all-world running back (Ezekiel Elliott) and, to me, an underrated defense. In other words, there are plenty of ways to lower the temperatures in Green Bay and Dallas this fall.

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Why NFL Superteams Never Work | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is 67-53 as the Cowboys head coach in the regular season, but since he took the job in 2010, the team has made only two playoff appearances (Dez Bryant caught it). That's not a stellar performance.

So perhaps it shouldn't be all that surprising that Garrett's name was among the two (the other was Green Bay's Mike McCarthy) several front office sources told me had the most pressure on them this coming season.

On the bright side, both have tools to save themselves. McCarthy has one of the best quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers) to ever play this game, and Garrett has a special QB (Dak Prescott) of his own, an all-world running back (Ezekiel Elliott) and, to me, an underrated defense. In other words, there are plenty of ways to lower the temperatures in Green Bay and Dallas this fall.

Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Why NFL Superteams Never Work | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Responding to the underlined, bold, and italic text i highlighted - this guy is delusional. Underrated defenses don't have that 3 game stretch we had where we broke all kinds of team and league records for defensive futility. The FO didn't add any world changing talent so I guess this guy thinks a miracle will just sort things out.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The FO didn't add any world changing talent so I guess this guy thinks a miracle will just sort things out.
If you'll notice in the latest odds from Vegas a couple tweets back, the Cowboys are +145 to make the playoffs this year. Meaning Vegas doesnt think so and they are looking to build another resort and fatten corporate profits on the backs of dumb Cowboy fan money. As we know the house always wins.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Vegas oddsmakers have the Niners ahead of us to win the NFC

WTF?
1affe7d057724755a2a4d8463720d0ee.png

I mean I know we suck. But we don’t 49’rs suck!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I mean I know we suck. But we don’t 49’rs suck!

It will be interesting to see if we're revising this statement by seasons end, didn't Garapolonionextbradyamoungus win his last 6 games with them last year?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if we're revising this statement by seasons end, didn't Garapolonionextbradyamoungus win his last 6 games with them last year?

You know they threw a dump trucks worth of money at him and he looked good, but lets see what happens after DCs carefully study his tape. Call me a skeptic. OTOH he has a hell of an actual progressive offensive mind on his sideline whereas Dak not so fortunate.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
You know they threw a dump trucks worth of money at him and he looked good, but lets see what happens after DCs carefully study his tape. Call me a skeptic. OTOH he has a hell of an actual progressive offensive mind on his sideline whereas Dak not so fortunate.

Dak has a red ball and chain compared to Kyle Shanahan.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Why are the Saints always rated so fucking high? They haven't done shit in 9 years now.

Reaction score
I get the gut feeling that it's the Rams' year. Either that or the nachos I had are disagreeing with me.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Why are the Saints always rated so fucking high? They haven't done shit in 9 years now.

Brees and Sean Payton. As long as they’re with the Saints they are going to be rated high.

Top Bottom