Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No coach should care if Jerry contractually gets the credit

Because No real football fan would believe Jerry had anything to do with winning a Super Bowl

The coach would get all the credit by default anyway

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No coach should care if Jerry contractually gets the credit
He didn't. But it probably clued him in on what day-to-day with the puke would be like. The clause actually governed what Parcells himself could say on the subject - he was obligated to give all the credit to Jerry, publicly.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
God, I can just imagine having Jerry looking over my shoulder while I’m trying to do my job and putting his two cents in when he has no idea what he’s talking about

I’m surprised a coach has never punched him in the face before

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
God, I can just imagine having Jerry looking over my shoulder while I’m trying to do my job and putting his two cents in when he has no idea what he’s talking about

I’m surprised a coach has never punched him in the face before

I wish Parcells would do a tell-all book about his time in Dallas but you know if jeri was insecure enough to draw up a clause in their contract that addressed how the division of credit should they win a super bowl be allocated, then I gotta believe jeri has his attorney write extremely strict Confidentiality and NDA clauses in his contracts

its a fucking bloodless dictatorship

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wish Parcells would do a tell-all book about his time in Dallas but you know if jeri was insecure enough to draw up a clause in their contract that addressed how the division of credit should they win a super bowl be allocated, then I gotta believe jeri has his attorney write extremely strict Confidentiality and NDA clauses in his contracts

its a fucking bloodless dictatorship
A voluntary, mutually agreed one where the subjects get to be multi-millionaires though.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We won’t get to hear the real good stories until after Jerry is dead and buried

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Parcells was a great head coach with the Giants and Pats

He was not a great coach when he came to Dallas.

OK, but even as "bad" as Parcells was, he was by far the best thing since Jimmy and no one has compared to him since.

Criticize him because he wasn't as good as the Pats/Giants years - that is fine. But the guy went to the playoffs with Quincy at QB and Hambrick at RB.

Think about that a minute. And then think what Garrett would do if that was his QB/RB combo

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
OK, but even as "bad" as Parcells was, he was by far the best thing since Jimmy and no one has compared to him since.

Criticize him because he wasn't as good as the Pats/Giants years - that is fine. But the guy went to the playoffs with Quincy at QB and Hambrick at RB.

Think about that a minute. And then think what Garrett would do if that was his QB/RB combo

Garrett would go 4-12. Parcells inherited a mess from Campo. Garrett inherited a roster with pro bowl players and went 8-8 for three years in a row as well as missing the playoffs each of those years when all that was needed was win the last game and in those win and in games he was a Big 0 for 3.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

My expectations were that BP would make us competitive and that we'd find a franchise QB. I thought after we found Romo that we'd be in the hunt for a few years and compared his situation to Kurt Warner. Once I saw the reigns given to Wade Phillips and then Garrett, I knew it was over.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah yeah yeah, I get that same crap story every time I kinda bag on Parcells some.

The facts are the schedule Dallas played that year had to set some sort of record for all time easiest, and the only teams we played that had a real NFL offense beat the shit out of us. Then they got in the playoffs and weren't remotely competitive. He followed that up with a bad season, then two 9-7 seasons and ended his career after creating possibly the worst offensive game plan in the history of the NFL.

Like I said. He was great for the things were ran and rebuilding the scouting and focus on the draft, but he was nowhere near the same caliber of HC in Dallas that he was with the Giants or Pats. He was a burned out old man desperate for money, and Jerry the fool came calling with his checkbook.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My expectations were that BP would make us competitive and that we'd find a franchise QB. I thought after we found Romo that we'd be in the hunt for a few years .

And yet with a probowl Romo, two 1000+ yd WR's, and an all world TE facing a team with street free agent DB's, Parcells and Sparano masterminded an ultra conservative dumbass game plan that got us beat in Seattle.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
hey fellas, when you get down about the cowboys, keep this handy to cheer you up:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But but but three Lombardis the first ten years. Might wanna forward this to the GM and ask for his resignation.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Even the fuckin Jets have three times as many playoff wins over that time. A franchise that hasnt won a thing in 50 years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
hey fellas, when you get down about the cowboys, keep this handy to cheer you up:

Truly sad. Its pathetic what Jerry has done to this franchise.

Top Bottom