Reaction score
I think they should do a cost of living analysis for what it would take to raise a child in relative comfort, for the child at least (there is that responsibility thing you were talking about, if you don't want to spend money on child support, don't have a kid out of wedlock), and then base it off of that.

Also set it up in tiers, from the people who earn 20,000 or less a year, to 50,000 or less a year and so on and so forth.
I don't think you can do that realistically. States can legislate it easily enough, but even inside the same state, the cost of living can fluctuate from city to city and county to county. It costs a lot more to live in DFW than it does where I live.

And child support is not just paid for children who are born out of wedlock.

Reaction score
Don't you have Southern Mexican graphic T-Shirts to make?

haha, i’m hispanic you fucking white trash mental case. I am busy designing salsa labels for a major company. Doing designs for 15 billboards clients. I am a fuckin beast at what i do...oh i also tattoo on the side.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think you can do that realistically. States can legislate it easily enough, but even inside the same state, the cost of living can fluctuate from city to city and county to county. It costs a lot more to live in DFW than it does where I live.

And child support is not just paid for children who are born out of wedlock.

I know, I'm just saying.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
haha, i’m hispanic you fucking white trash mental case. I am busy designing salsa labels for a major company. Doing designs for 15 billboards clients. I am a fuckin beast at what i do...oh i also tattoo on the side.

You all came to this country illegally so it's all the same to me lol

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Explain.

Umm, before you have kids make sure you really want to be with the person you decide you are having kids with.

not difficult.

lots of people have kids who are seperated or divorced and the kids are great and the parents get along well enough.

it just seems like so many dont and the poor kids suffer.

so for the kids sake, if you decide to have them make sure you really want to be together for the kids sake.

not preaching just saying, its hard enough being a kid.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Umm, before you have kids make sure you really want to be with the person you decide you are having kids with.

not difficult.

lots of people have kids who are seperated or divorced and the kids are great and the parents get along well enough.

so for the kids sake, if you decide to have them make sure you really want to be together for the kids sake.

and gay

Reaction score

not difficult.

Erm.. I agree with this, I guess I read your comment as meaning something it didn't.

Reaction score

not difficult.

People split up sometimes for completely legitimate reasons. I don't think there is a legitimate reason for parents to act like kids when fighting about their kids. I hear it all the time. But the best, most well-adjusted kids are those whose parents can get along for the kids sake rather than fight for their own selfish pride.

I'm seriously considering focusing my practice only on those people who want to do right for their kids... I don't know if it's too specialized or not, but I think most lawyers are only interested in their bottom line and sometimes that means picking fights where there shouldn't be one.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
People split up sometimes for completely legitimate reasons. I don't think there is a legitimate reason for parents to act like kids when fighting about their kids. I hear it all the time. But the best, most well-adjusted kids are those whose parents can get along for the kids sake rather than fight for their own selfish pride.

I'm seriously considering focusing my practice only on those people who want to do right for their kids... I don't know if it's too specialized or not, but I think most lawyers are only interested in their bottom line and sometimes that means picking fights where there shouldn't be one.

Amen, yes I Agree about people splitting up for legit reasons, I didn't mean to sound like an ass who ignores reality!

I don't know anything about the law but that sounds like a great idea.

There are enough Saul goodman's in the world.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I worked two jobs while I was married, we had a kid and she took off with our kid 500 miles away. I, being in the Coast Guard at the time as well as working the other job, was not able to relocate and didn't know about the fact that it wasn't legal for her to take off like that without my permission.

Anyway, when we went to court, she used the income from both jobs against me. (I was working that much, because she spent money like a drunken sailor and was trying to keep us out of debt) I had quit the 2nd job, by the time the divorce came around as I didn't need to worry about her spending it all anymore. But that didn't matter to the State of Florida, I was hit with 600 a month + Insurance + day care.

Move that forward five years and I go through a major depression after leaving the service and moving to a new state, starting a new job, etc etc. I get behind 3 months trying to work through this all. The Docs have me on medication out the wa wa. I was in Tennessee at this time, she was in Nevada and when Tennessee State Child services pulled me in and I tried to show them what I was going through and that I couldn't pay this anymore (I had tried to explain to the ex and tried to work it out with her to lower the child support until I was back on my feet and she had refused) the State of Tennessee told me I would have to get a Court date back in FLORIDA (Never mind that neither of us even lived there anymore) and that I had to pay this money or go to jail.

Move forward 2 months and there I sit in jail for not making payments in 5 months and she then extorted the back money from my family as well as even more and still wouldn't agree to lower the payments. I finally had to sign my son away to her and her new husband for her to leave me alone so I could get better finally. After a year of therapy after that I returned to work and have been back on my feet. All thanks to a legal system that doesn't care and an ex wife with a plan of action to get me to have to sign my kid away to the husband that wanted him to have his name. 5 years later and now they've divorced and she's doing the same to him that she did to me. She cares about my son as much as someone would care about a good steak dinner. He's nothing but a wallet.

I look at what these women are doing to TO and I wish nothing, but death upon them.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lons, that sucks man.....sorry to hear (read) that.

That's exactly what I'm talking about when I think about how flawed the system is. It's one of most flawed government-run systems we have in place and yet no one ever mentions that we need to look into it.

I hope that ex of yours gets what she deserves one day.

Top Bottom