VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
why the fuck did NE not call timeout immediately after Lynch's last run? bizarre strategy.

I was asking the same damned thing. Horrible time management, bailed out by that shit call and great interception.
Someone has to have a gif of Sherman's reaction. Priceless.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
why the fuck did NE not call timeout immediately after Lynch's last run? bizarre strategy.

my thought exactly but it worked out good for them because Seattle probably would have gathered their senses and not called a pass

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was asking the same damned thing. Horrible time management, bailed out by that shit call and great interception.
Someone has to have a gif of Sherman's reaction. Priceless.

Shockey-est

Reaction score
I wouldn't even want to give the ball back to Brady with 10 seconds left and TOs in his pocket....

It just makes no sense any way you look at it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can you imagine having huge bet on Seattle where you bought the line down to a point and then lost the bet on that INT?

OY!

Obviously the difference in this game was the ball pressure

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dumbest offensive play call in the history of football.

Seahags offensive coordinator should be bashed for the rest of his career

Yep, as bad a call in a big time moment as I can ever remember.

Carroll has to step in there and say run the ball, assuming the pass wasn't his idea. That was ridiculously stupid when you have Marshawn Lynch and a timeout. Run the ball three straight times and if they can stop Lynch all three, they deserve to win.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, as bad a call in a big time moment as I can ever remember.

Carroll has to step in there and say run the ball, assuming the pass wasn't his idea. That was ridiculously stupid when you have Marshawn Lynch and a timeout. Run the ball three straight times and if they can stop Lynch all three, they deserve to win.

When I saw how they lined up, I assumed they were going to run another read option, which wouldn't have been a bad call.

Man, cant believe they did what they did.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I decided Seattle was going to lose as soon as they settled for that field goal on the 2nd half opening drive. They didn't even try drawing them off, nothing. Just couldn't wait to trot the FG team out there and leave four points on the field.

Then each time they got the ball after, just seemed feckless with no real plan or strategy.

The call at the end, had it worked people would be talking about what balls they had, what a genius call it was, all that.

You lost the game settling for the FG.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I decided Seattle was going to lose as soon as they settled for that field goal on the 2nd half opening drive. They didn't even try drawing them off, nothing. Just couldn't wait to trot the FG team out there and leave four points on the field.

Then each time they got the ball after, just seemed feckless with no real plan or strategy.

The call at the end, had it worked people would be talking about what balls they had, what a genius call it was, all that.

No they didn't, they lost the game with a brainless playcall.

It was just too fucking obvious. It was easily the worst play call in the history of the Super Bowl era.

Reaction score

You forgot the part where you were shouting "REDEMTION! GET REDEMPTION!", Nostradoomsday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hard not to think about what might have been for us.

I thought after watching Green Bay Seattle we would have easily beaten either of those teams had we played them that weekend, and after watching Seattle New England today I felt the same way.

We could have hoisted Lombardi #6 this year. We were close.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They took their foot off the Pats throat and let them have some air. Game was over as soon as they settled for three.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Still can't believe they threw the ball there, they give Lynch a contract extension right before the game and don't even let him win it. Man, that would be a sickening way to lose

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They took their foot off the Pats throat and let them have some air. Game was over as soon as they settled for three.

right...so they stopped the Pats again and scored a TD the next time they had the ball to build a 10 pt lead.

Then their defense stunk up the 4th qtr and their offensive coordinator shit his pants with the worst playcall in history of football with his team 1 yd away from winning another champiosnhip

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was thinking that call (not to run) was even worse than the 4th and 2 call in the national championship when the Trojans didn't even have Reggie Bush on the field. Then I realized Pete Carroll was the coach for both. Ouch.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hard not to think about what might have been for us.

I thought after watching Green Bay Seattle we would have easily beaten either of those teams had we played them that weekend, and after watching Seattle New England today I felt the same way.

We could have hoisted Lombardi #6 this year. We were close.

yep, one shitty trade for Claiborne away from putting them over the edge

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Umm, no. They allowed 14 unanswered points after that.

Are you wasted dooms?

They scored the FG on their opening drive. They scored a TD on their next drive and got a 10 pt lead. You claimed they let up on the Pats by settling for a FG, when they didn't let up. They scored again on their next drive.

And I acknowledged their defense sucked in the 4th qtr. Then their OC lost the game with a mind numbingly stupid play call.

Top Bottom