bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he disputes your claim that a walkoff TD (an expression I've never heard of before) effectively ends the game, like a walkoff HR in baseball

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
he disputes your claim that a walkoff TD (an expression I've never heard of before) effectively ends the game, like a walkoff HR in baseball
Ok my bad, I use "walk off" in football as saying he wouldn't have been tackled, he just catches the ball and essentially, walks away from the defender.

Of course it doesn't end the game.

In my playing days we ran the split T, and when we scored we simply walked away from any defenders around, and handed the ball to the ref.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Even though, it is possible that such a TD in that situation breaks green bay's back as it were, and fires up Dallas' defense and they stop GB the rest of the way. Huge momentum swing. GB's defenders just shake their heads and walk off the field, thinking "Damn what do we have to do? We had them in 4th and 2 and they just bomb us..."

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Some teams might think that way, but I don't think Rodgers and that offense do. We hadn't stopped them at all almost the entire second half.

Even if we'd scored and burned, say, a minute scoring the TD, I'd bet all my vcash they at least get a FG. And if we don't make the two-point conversion, that wins the game.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
some caller on WFAN yesterday said Dallas should have onside kicked if Dez had scored a TD, in order to keep our defense off the field :lol Red would have been crucified if he tried that and failed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
some caller on WFAN yesterday said Dallas should have onside kicked if Dez had scored a TD, in order to keep our defense off the field Red would have been crucified if he tried that and failed.
Depends on if GB then takes it in for a score right?

But no, you don't onside kick in that situation. That's laughable.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We didn't have a FG or extra point team even. We went for two, exclusively. We DID score 3 pointers by way of my drop kicks though.

Extra points were for girly boys.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We're talking today, bub.

I used to throw this ball over them mountains.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We're talking today, bub.

I used to throw this ball over them mountains.
Used to.

I'd take your challenge today, willing to bet you can't do what you usedtacould do.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When we would get up 48-6 or so, we would quick kick on 3rd down.

Top Bottom