Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not going to happen. Our only chance is a run dominated ball control offense with Cassel as the QB. Our RB's are JAGS so I am not hopefuly.
I fail to understand why Christine Michael is good for only one carry, only for shirt yardage, in this offense. I kept screaming for them to put him in and give him 15 or so especially in the 2nd half.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I fail to understand why Christine Michael is good for only one carry, only for shirt yardage, in this offense. I kept screaming for them to put him in and give him 15 or so especially in the 2nd half.

Somewhere during the week, Jerry and Stephen sit with the coaches and make up a game plan. Jerry doesn't want to give Seattle that conditional pick so you'll see Michael play when he can't attain the conditions to finalize the trade.

And I firmly believe Garrett can't make a move on gameday to go against what Jerry decided during the week. I mean, Stafford got benched after a horrible showing. Tell me why Weeden couldn't be yanked in the second half to at least see what Cassel offers when the bullets are flying. How this team is run is painfully obvious to anyone watching.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, and we just have to prove that we can run with a RBBC. Randle could be having a decent first half but it won't matter. DMac is going to play the second half. These guys wouldn't play on most NFL teams and yet we just keep trotting them out there....for what?

Reaction score
Somewhere during the week, Jerry and Stephen sit with the coaches and make up a game plan. Jerry doesn't want to give Seattle that conditional pick so you'll see Michael play when he can't attain the conditions to finalize the trade.

IIRC condition of trade was # of games on active roster. Not # of carries.

And I firmly believe Garrett can't make a move on gameday to go against what Jerry decided during the week. I mean, Stafford got benched after a horrible showing. Tell me why Weeden couldn't be yanked in the second half to at least see what Cassel offers when the bullets are flying. How this team is run is painfully obvious to anyone watching.

Dude, if you can honestly tell me after watching that first half that you didn't think all Weeden needed to do was keep "banging away" in the second half to get us the win, then you're just a good enough fan.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Dude, if you can honestly tell me after watching that first half that you didn't think all Weeden needed to do was keep "banging away" in the second half to get us the win, then you're just a good enough fan.

Weeden banged his way to the redzone twice the entire game and we had to settle for a FG each time

And playing the pats just amplified our short comings. How many times have had to settle for a FG because we couldn't get the ball in after 3-6 plays winthin ten yards of the GL with Capt Weeden at the helm?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We also got some fortunate 3rd down penalties to keep those drives going.

Weeden just can't get the job done. Next man up.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Weeden just can't get the job done. Next man up.
Yup. And it should have happened at halftime when there was still a possibility to pull this very winnable game out.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I looked around but couldn't find the details of the trade. Is it that they invested in DMac and don't want to throw the money away? It makes no sense. None. Especially since Dunbar got hurt.

I thought we had a chance to dink and dunk our way back in. Weeden implemented the game plan to perfection but we just came up a little short. #Ilovejason

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I looked around but couldn't find the details of the trade.

I've looked around as well,pretty murky details available.
I'm guessing that means "We(Seahawks) get a late round draft pick for a guy we were about to cut anyway if he does anything at all".
Hell,it's possible him just making the roster triggered the draft pick clause.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought I remember hearing that him being on the roster after week 7 or 8 would trigger the pick going to Seahawks

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yep. And that's why Cassel will start next game.

I do think Weeden has been sort of a convenient pinata the last couple games, though. People are so focused on him, they've sort of ignored how sub-par the rest of our team has been. Even including, yes, our legendary O-line. Maybe when Cassel comes in they'll realize it's not all the QB.

Bingo. Our offensive scheme is flawed. It's too predictable ie running all the time on first down, WRs can't get open because of the route tree or they just suck, and then you have Weeden who is not very good at reading defenses. It really makes you appreciate the wizard that is Tony Romo; that he can work behind this offensive scheme and lack of WRs and basically will it to make it all work.

But then again, the O wasn't on fire with Romo back there anyways. Something's gotta give.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And yes, the Oline is a shadow of it's former self. You can see glimpses here and there but not nearly enough.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's official now. Cassell is now the starter for week 8

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bingo. Our offensive scheme is flawed. It's too predictable ie running all the time on first down, WRs can't get open because of the route tree or they just suck, and then you have Weeden who is not very good at reading defenses. It really makes you appreciate the wizard that is Tony Romo; that he can work behind this offensive scheme and lack of WRs and basically will it to make it all work.

But then again, the O wasn't on fire with Romo back there anyways. Something's gotta give.

The empty set. How the fuck can you have FIVE RECEIVERS... and not a single one is open, and yet the defense can still send two LBs to blitz?

That's the shit that happened with Romo, to where he got hurt.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well we can't have a worse outcome than the last three games with Weeden under center. I'm open for change. If he can spark the offense then it's all good.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
ordinarily, I would never be excited about Cassel starting a game, but that's how atrocious Weeden's been. if he's as good as say Kitna, we might stand a chance.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe he will be the change we need to squeak out a couple wins over the next 3 games till Romo gets back

Top Bottom