Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well......I guess that's the word on the street.

I pray they have a trade partner lined up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It didnt get alot of notoriety, but there was a blurb the other day that said not only were the Cowboys negotiating a long term deal with Spencer, but they had told Spencer's agent he was free to negotiate with other teams on a long term deal for Spencer too.

He gets a chance to get the best deal possible for himself, then if the Cowboys cant match the deal they could work out a trade with that particular team. Compensation probably wouldnt be an issue, as at that point the Cowboys would be happy to get something in return for a guy they couldnt have re-signed anyway. I think its likely we could get a 3rd rd pick or depending on how bad somebody wanted him, maybe a 2nd.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dallas has no business trying to match.

Trade and sign winston and levitre.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trade and sign winston and levitre.

If they're smart enough, there's several moderately priced OL's they could pursue to really upgrade this OL. Getting one sure starter via free agency would be good, but if they somehow signed a quality RT (like Winston perhaps) and an interior OL (maybe the guy from the Pats) it'd go a long way towards making the offense really good in 2013, plus increase the options they have on draft day.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It didnt get alot of notoriety, but there was a blurb the other day that said not only were the Cowboys negotiating a long term deal with Spencer, but they had told Spencer's agent he was free to negotiate with other teams on a long term deal for Spencer too.

He gets a chance to get the best deal possible for himself, then if the Cowboys cant match the deal they could work out a trade with that particular team. Compensation probably wouldnt be an issue, as at that point the Cowboys would be happy to get something in return for a guy they couldnt have re-signed anyway. I think its likely we could get a 3rd rd pick or depending on how bad somebody wanted him, maybe a 2nd.

Ayuh, I read this as well, can't remember where though.

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Whats spencers value though? I know there is more 3-4 teams but i cant imagine a team spending a 2nd or 3rd on a 30 year old wanting a long term contract

Top Bottom