Reaction score
Richard Sherman on Garçon: “Pierre doesn’t matter in this league”
Posted by Mike Wilkening on October 7, 2014, 1:57 AM EDT

Did Pierre Garçon tug on Richard Sherman’s hair on Monday night?

The video evidence, as shown by USA Today, suggests it could have happened. Also, Michael Phillips of the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported Garçon, the Washington wide receiver, twice pulled the hair of Sherman, Seattle’s star cornerback, in the Seahawks’ 27-17 victory.

“Pierre did a few things,” Sherman said after the game, according to JP Finlay of CSN Washington. “When you can’t get open, you got to do whatever you can. The crowd is acting like I’m holding him. Obviously the TV copy you can see what happened.”

One of Washington’s starting receivers, Garçon had two catches for 23 yards against Seattle. He was targeted just three times.

Sherman made it clear he wasn’t impressed by Garçon.

“Pierre doesn’t matter in this league,” Sherman said, per CSN Washington.

Per multiple reports, Sherman was given a chance to clarify what he said. And for some, it might have been a chance to make a last-ditch effort to soften the remarks, to perhaps rephrase them.

But Sherman stood pat, as CSN Washington noted.

“I mean exactly what I said,” Sherman said.

And there you have it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you don't want your hair pulled, keep it out of the game.

Reaction score
If the player wants to put all that hair out there, it should be open territory.

Using long hair to minimize the area other players can touch/grab is creating an unfair advantage for the long haired player.

:gtfoslap

Top Bottom