Reaction score
JasonLaCanfora
Browns have informed NT Shaun Rogers he will be released. Rogers, 31, has had off field issues and was due to make $5.5M w/ a $500k bonus 1 minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

What do you say universors! Is he worth a look! /cowboyjoe

sbk92

Reaction score
No interest.

I don't want a guy you have to constantly poke and prod for effort.

I'd rather draft a guy and pair him up with Josh Brent.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's a shame too, because Rogers could have been one of the most dominating interior defensive linemen of his era. Instead he was a hit and miss head case.

Reaction score
Not sure. I don't really pay Cleveland much attention.

I only posted because he's a big body, he can be dominant when motivated, and there's the obvious Rob Ryan connection.

Ryan would know him as well as anywone, so if he's here, I trust the signing. If he's not here, I trust the coaches judgement.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No interest.

I'm with you on this. The knee-jerk wants me to go for it, but he was the same in Detroit and in Cleveland, and I see no change in that if he were to don the Star.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's a shame too, because Rogers could have been one of the most dominating interior defensive linemen of his era. Instead he was a hit and miss head case.

He's Albert Haynesworth 2.0 or is Albert Haynesworth, Shaun Rogers 2.0? It'd be funny if the Redskins go after him.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'm with you on this. The knee-jerk wants me to go for it, but he was the same in Detroit and in Cleveland, and I see no change in that if he were to don the Star.

Bad influence on the other players too.

You'll know if we're right depending on if the Cowboys have any interest. If Rob's not interested, that speaks volumes on Rogers.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How about we sign both Rogers and Haynesworth and throw in T.O. and C.J. for good measure. LOL!!! Imagine a team like that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No interest.

ditto

IMO, he wont even get a phone call fromm us, and if he calls VR, he'll get the dial tone quick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure. I don't really pay Cleveland much attention.

I only posted because he's a big body, he can be dominant when motivated, and there's the obvious Rob Ryan connection.

Ryan would know him as well as anywone, so if he's here, I trust the signing. If he's not here, I trust the coaches judgement.

Ryan benched him there because of poor effort, poor play and poor conditioning. I doubt he'll want him here.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You can bet Jerry is itching to pull the trigger, constantaly in Rob Ryan's ear about it, "should we sign him?" "should we sign him?" "should we sign him"?"

C

Cr122

I'll pass on these players as well. I don't want to get older on defense, I want to get younger.

sbk92

Reaction score
Will Rob Ryan want Shaun Rogers reunion?

By Tim MacMahon

We don’t know whether Rob Ryan wants defensive lineman Shaun Rogers, who was released by the Browns on Wednesday, after coaching him the last two seasons in Cleveland.

But the Cowboys’ new defensive coordinator is on record raving about Rogers’ talent.

"He is a tremendous physical specimen," Ryan said of Rogers in the summer of 2009. “He is so athletic for a big man. I've been around the best in football. I've been around Warren Sapp in college. I coached Jamal Williams and Kevin Williams, a couple of decent All-Pro defensive tackles. . . . Shaun Rogers is tremendous. Absolutely tremendous. Any system that he plays in, he is going to be dominant."

It isn’t too difficult to envision Rogers, a 6-foot-4, 350-pound three-time Pro Bowler, as a fit with Ryan’s new team. The Cowboys might have one of the most disruptive three-man lines in the league with Rogers at nose tackle and Jay Ratliff shifting to defensive end.

If Rogers comes at a reasonable cost, he could be a key part of a quick fix for a defense that fell apart last season, when the Cowboys allowed the second most points in the NFL.

But that’s only if Rogers plays up to his potential. And that was the bad rap University of Texas products get for being spoiled, lazy and unmotivated. (Well, him and a certain receiver the Cowboys gave up a draft bounty to get and gave a $9 million per year contract.)

Rogers, 31, is neither young nor healthy now. He was limited to less than 40 percent of Cleveland’s defensive snaps last season due to hip and ankle injuries.

However, a scout’s reaction when asked about Rogers was to state emphatically that he’s still a force. The idea of adding Rogers wasn’t summarily dismissed by another Valley Rancher.

What really matters is whether Ryan wants to coach Rogers again. We don’t know that. We just know he’ll at least be tempted by the big man’s massive talent.

sbk92

Reaction score
It'd be less of a risk since we have Rob here. Without Rob, if we made this move I'd consider it a bad one. But Rob knows him. If he thinks he can make it work, I'm okay with it.

But I hate the idea of having him in the locker room.

C

Cr122

If his work habits change, then yes.

I wouldn't be upset if we didn't sign him though.

Top Bottom