yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's staged King.

how do you know?

it appears they fooled the local news too if so:

CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Driver robbed while in San Francisco traffic

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A driver captured video of a brazen robbery while driving through traffic in San Francisco on Friday afternoon.

The driver, Alex, says he was about to get on an onramp, heading east on I-80 around 4:30 p.m. There, he witnessed someone jump out of a Honda Accord and smash a window of a Prius in front of him.

The thief grabbed a bag and drove off.

ABC7's Dion Lim spoke to the victims of the robbery, a husband and wife, who are from Iran.

Ben says he and his wife, Masha, are real estate photographers and were on a shoot near Dolores Park.

Ben, who was in the passenger seat of the Prius, says his wife noticed someone following them after the shoot.

The couple says about $7,000 worth of camera equipment was stolen. They said they have not seen anything like this before and have filed a police report.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
how do you know?
The thieves just happened to know right where the bag was, and that the bag contained valuables? They hatched their plan to pop the glass in just minutes after allegedly seeing the bag placed in the back of the Prius? Happened to have the pop tool handy? First thing the victims do is look right at the camera they know is filming? I'm suspicious for insurance fraud here. Expect a TV reporter to be at all skeptical? I bet the cops are.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thieves just happened to know right where the bag was, and that the bag contained valuables? They hatched their plan to pop the glass in just minutes after allegedly seeing the bag placed in the back of the Prius? Happened to have the pop tool handy? First thing the victims do is look right at the camera they know is filming? I'm suspicious for insurance fraud here. Expect a TV reporter to be at all skeptical? I bet the cops are.

how do you know?

What Dooms said. The guy breaks the glass knowing there was something valuable in the bag and gets in his car and takes off. These dolts step outside their car and look around everywhere, except at the car speeding away. Completely staged.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What Dooms said. The guy breaks the glass knowing there was something valuable in the bag and gets in his car and takes off. These dolts step outside their car and look around everywhere, except at the car speeding away. Completely staged.

lol, good point, I was wondering wtf they were looking at

there's a go fund me so perhaps the scam

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a scam. What did they lose? What was of so much value in the bag that they have to post a go fund me?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And these guys are supposed to be professional thieves so they go to break into the car surrounded by eyewitnesses in stopped traffic. Also notice the passenger's delay in getting out of the vehicle. His door is open but he doesn't step out until the car is on the move.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
there's a go fund me so perhaps the scam
Wouldn't be the first time.

When the plates come back stolen and the cops start looking further into this there'll be some arrests lol. Got a feeler this ain't the end of the story.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was wondering wtf they were looking at
Want your attention on them, not the getaway car. Need their faces in the vid, so we suckers out here looking to donate to them can place them with the GFM page!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Tesla dashcam shows weak staged highway robbery in San Francisco​

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
still on the fence, this was in San Francisco where crazy shit seems to be happening on the regular these days
I'm not hunnert percent discounting that it coulda been the real McCoy. Maybe the perps are smash and grabbers and case their vics and wait for the opportunity. And keep the pop tool handy. Maybe the cops have several such cases with similar MO and descriptions of the perps.

But the video by itself sure as hell leaves doubt, to the trained eye.

Top Bottom