Reaction score
New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton has been asked repeatedly by local media about his coaching future after this season. He's scoffed at the rumors numerous times, Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

So his answer to the Jaguars media corps to the same question Wednesday came as no surprise. Except he made it sound more definitive that his future would be in New Orleans.

"I see myself coaching this team long past this season," Payton said with the Saints preparing for Jacksonville for a Sunday matchup in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

The Jags media posed this as the question: "They were talking on the broadcast Monday night about speculation about your future. Should there be speculation? Are you planning to be back? How do things stand?"

Payton responded: "Well, I said this earlier in the season and this is my ninth (season) coaching here in New Orleans, and it's come up every, I'm going to say, two to three years and I guess ... Listen, it comes with the territory.

"This is where I call home. I just finished building a home here. I'm close enough to my son back in Dallas where I'm pretty much back there once a week or he's over here; my daughter is off in college now.

"So, I see myself coaching this team long past this season."

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect him to say anything else during the season. I think he would jump at a chance to coach the Cowboys and Jerry should move mountains to get him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect him to say anything else during the season. I think he would jump at a chance to coach the Cowboys and Jerry should move mountains to get him.

But Jerry won't. Jerry will never pay his salary demands on top of what he'd owe the red headed dolt.

Reaction score
@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
1 potential landing spot for #Saints coach Sean Payton, if there is, in fact, an opening: The #Chargers. Payton has discussed this privately

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Let's be honest. If your Sean Payton, do you want to come to the Cowboys with a meddling owner and a 36 year old injury prone QB or go somewhere like Indy and have Andrew luck for 10years

Top Bottom