Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
gettyimages-1196237727-e1577491208957.jpg

Getty Images

Sean Lee considered retirement after last season. He won’t make a decision on 2020 until closer to March.

“As you get older in your career, I think every year you take time in the offseason to evaluate where you are,” Lee, 33, said Friday, via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “Being 10 years in, I think it’s natural for all players, especially at 10 years, to say, ‘OK, where am I at physically? What’s the right thing to do for me and my family?’ So, I’ll do that in the offseason for sure, but that’s going to come whenever that comes.”

For the first time in his 10-year career, the Cowboys linebacker will play all 16 games in a season. The Cowboys have needed him with Leighton Vander Esch out for the season with a neck injury.

Lee has 83 tackles, a sack and an interception this season.

“I’m happy that I was able to be consistently on the field and in a lot of situations, being able to help and being effective,” Lee said. “That was a plus for me, and that will be part of the evaluation, obviously.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Great player, shame he couldn't have stayed more healthy.

Another career wasted by Johnny Walker GM.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's hell when he's well.

I just read a stat that this will be the first time in his entire career that he will be available for ALL 16 games of a season

So essentially the only way he makes it they a season is if his snap count is cut down to nothing

And he still has had an exceptional career

If only he wasn’t made of glass, he coulda/shoulda/woulda been somebody

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Great player, shame he couldn't have stayed more healthy.

Another career wasted by Johnny Walker GM.

Although I am fully on the Jeruh wasted a ton of players careers, in this case Jeruh had nothing to do with it

His career was wasted by being made of class

If Lee was on any other team his results would have been similar. He still would have been hurt all the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Although I am fully on the Jeruh wasted a ton of players careers, in this case Jeruh had nothing to do with it

If Lee was on any other team his results would have been similar. He still would have been hurt all the time.

I get that, but he still didn't have the team success he would have had elsewhere because nobody else has been handcuffed with the doofus we've had for 10 years.

Actually forget about elsewhere. Had Jones done the right thing after that 2nd or 3rd Garrett 8-8 special Lee might have won more here. There's certainly been more than enough pieces in place since then.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
he better take #82 with him

Amen to that

I can easily see Jeruh talking the new puppet head coach into taking on Witten as the new TE position coach and Sean Lee as the new LB position coach

And to be honest, I wouldn’t mind that one bit. Especially if it gets both of them off the field in 2020

Those two players have the right mental make up, attitude, commitment to the game that the rest of this team is lacking

If they could instill their mindset into some of the other less motivated players that could go a long way

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah Jones was basically foaming at the mouth at the coaching prospects of Lee and Witten.

Frankly everyone seems to think coaching is in the future for both and they both have the right mentality to become successful coaches down the road. While I wouldn't be disappointed to see either (or both) on our sidelines as a coach of some sort, that decision needs to be made by the new HC, not Jerry the Drunk.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
At least we know our LB’s would be prepared by game time

Lee would make sure of it

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Edit - made of Glass, not class

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Yeah Jones was basically foaming at the mouth at the coaching prospects of Lee and Witten.

Frankly everyone seems to think coaching is in the future for both and they both have the right mentality to become successful coaches down the road. While I wouldn't be disappointed to see either (or both) on our sidelines as a coach of some sort, that decision needs to be made by the new HC, not Jerry the Drunk.

No doubt in my mind Witt and Lee would make pretty good coaches, possibly excellent coaches. Not many people going to tell them anything about how to play their respective positions.
Also no doubt in my mind Johnny Walker GM could fuck it up somehow.
Pretty sure he doesn't get laid in his own wet dreams.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
he better take #82 with him
Jarwin needs to be a bigger part of this offense...he reminds me of a raw Kelce based on his size and the way he runs after the catch...with Witten here I think that stunts his development I just don't know what his blocking attributes are which was always one of Witten's strong suits

Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On sean lee, solid linebacker and tackle machine ( something this team does not do well ) . Maybe his body is just can’t take it anymore. I mean ayyy every tackle that happens I see #50 all up in it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ .. just sayin.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just read a stat that this will be the first time in his entire career that he will be available for ALL 16 games of a season

So essentially the only way he makes it they a season is if his snap count is cut down to nothing
But... This year he has been playing a ton more snaps than last year.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I won't miss Snake Lee. It is a shame that he has had injury issues though, because any guy that deals with that kind of thing I do feel bad for.

Top Bottom