bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Sean Lee: “We Haven’t Showed It In Two Years!”

http://thelandryhat.com/2013/09/30/s...wed-two-years/

The Dallas Cowboys were defeated on Sunday by the San Diego Chargers 30-21. After the game, Cowboys middle linebacker Sean Lee was so frustrated by the loss he interrupted a report mid-sentence to give his answer:

Sep 29, 2013; San Diego, CA, USA;
Dallas Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee (50) returns an interception for a touchdown during the first half against the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports

” It’s terribly frustrating. I mean it’s not what we want to be. We don’t want to be that type of team. We want to be a contender. We want to be a team that can win week-in and week-out. We haven’t shown it in two years. And we aren’t showing it right now. So until we do, we’re just going to be the same type of team.”

Lee was clearly upset after the game. And his frustration isn’t just over Sunday’s loss, but also over the Cowboys last two back-to-back 8-8 seasons without a playoff appearance.
The former Penn State alum also thinks the answer to their current predicament of “winning one and losing one” is fairly elementary.

“You win more than one game. Find a way to get it done. We just gotta play better. You can’t give up big plays. It’s pretty simple. They were able to make big plays. We weren’t able to.”

And that rant was after Lee had arguable his best game as a professional. He recorded 18 tackles, an interception and a defensive touchdown on Sunday against the Chargers. Unfortunately, he was also burned several times by Chargers’ tight end Antonio Gates, who had 10 receptions for 136 yards and a score. When asked about San Diego’s second have offensive surge, Lee responded:

“They did a good job of executing in the second half…I think they sped it up a little bit…(they) were able to make plays consistently. They did a good job adjusting and continuing to play. Rivers made some great throws.”

The Cowboys linebacker corps was decimated by Charger’s quarterback Phillip Rivers. He threw for 401 passing yards and three touchdowns. All three scores were to Chargers’ players being covered by Dallas linebackers. A fact in which you can be sure the Cowboys next opponents, Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos, will be making note of.

Despite his obvious frustration, Lee is committed to making Dallas a contender again. Last month, Lee signed a six-year $42 million extension to remain a Cowboy until 2019. With incentives, he could earn as much as $51 million. And as a young leader on this team, Lee ended his interview in the typical Lee fashion…with hope.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Witten is an excuse maker and is one of the problems with this team as far as lack of consistency. Ware is part of it too. Leaders don't make the mistakes those two do every year. I can see why Sean Lee is frustrated. He plays as hard as he can out there. Not everyone else does.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
Witten is an excuse maker and is one of the problems with this team as far as lack of consistency. Ware is part of it too. Leaders don't make the mistakes those two do every year. I can see why Sean Lee is frustrated. He plays as hard as he can out there. Not everyone else does.

I think the reality that he is playing for a circus of a team is hitting home with him and Lee doesn't like it. He will waste a career just as many others have.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
At least Lee is honest.

Witten and Ware kind of get to me with their company line bullshit all the time.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It only gets better going up against one of the best, if not, the best, middle of the field player in the league: Wes Welker.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the reality that he is playing for a circus of a team is hitting home with him and Lee doesn't like it. He will waste a career just as many others have.

I think so too. He threw Garrett under the bus and stopped short on the offense, but you knew what he meant. I don't blame him. Garrett is a fucking joke.

what happened two years ago that was so great?

Not a thing. We haven't done anything since 2007.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Yup.....which is why I don't get why he'd sign an extension with us.

Same for Dez - if he were smart (insert joke here) he'd play out his contract and go to another team.

If he signs an extension with the Cowboys, he and Lee will replace Witten and Ware as 2 great players whose careers were wasted on a joke of a franchise.

If you're intention is to truly win in this league, then you need to get as far away from the Cowboys as possible.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only way all of this crap might stop is if we implode this year. I hope Denver annihilates us in front of our fans. I want a loss. I hope it starts the ball rolling for a big implosion. These soft players won't be able to get up from a big knockout punch. Witten and Ware aren't leaders. Frederick, Hatcher, and Lee seem to be the only leaders we have. They won't be enough to have everyone back to normal, which is 1 game on 1 game off anyway.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The only way all of this crap might stop is if we implode this year. I hope Denver annihilates us in front of our fans. I want a loss. I hope it starts the ball rolling for a big implosion. These soft players won't be able to get up from a big knockout punch. Witten and Ware aren't leaders. Frederick, Hatcher, and Lee seem to be the only leaders we have. They won't be enough to have everyone back to normal, which is 1 game on 1 game off anyway.

I'm with you.

I hope it all burns to the ground because that is the only chance we have of there being any significant change.

The only guys with any real heart and leadership on this team are Dez, Lee and possibly Hatcher. These are the guys who aren't scared bitches who sit quietly and toe the company line when things go south like the rest of this soft team does.

But just like players before them, they'll succumb to this shitty environment and become losers themselves unless a change is made before it's too late.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score

This is the type of game where we step up and play to our capabilities, but it will just prolong the pain.

Texas Ace

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is the type of game where we step up and play to our capabilities, but it will just prolong the pain.

That's not really true anymore.

Well, you didn't say we'd win so I can't say it's entirely false, but this idea that we lose games we shouldn't but also beat teams we shouldn't is no longer true.

The last time we beat a truly good team in a game that few gave us a chance in was at New Orleans in 2009.

Since then?

2010 - we sucked

2011 - we did beat the 49ers in week 2, but we were favored going into that because that was Harbaugh's first year and the 49ers hadn't yet found their identity. After that game, we did not beat a single team that went to the playoffs that season.

2012 - we did not beat a single playoff team.

So as you can see, the idea that we beat the best teams in the league is not true....at least not anymore. Our Dallas Cowboys are the very definition of a mediocre team, and we may not even be that good. Most of the time, we're just bad.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I am going to have to defend my boy witten. Yes, his comments are becoming ridiculous in their repitiveness, and even I cringe when he starts with his tired lines, but I thinks he truly used to believe before this team wore him down and left him parroting trite lines for lack of anything else to do.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I think so too. He threw Garrett under the bus and stopped short on the offense, but you knew what he meant. I don't blame him. Garrett is a fucking joke.

Not a thing. We haven't done anything since 2007.
I hate that that disapointment of a season is all this teams fans are able to look to for more than 20 years away. While that fading "glory" was 6 years ago.

Top Bottom