Reaction score
Madieu Williams joins the 49ers
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 1, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT

Perhaps the 49ers don’t think they will be able to bring back free agent Dashon Goldson.

San Francisco agreed to terms with safety Madieu Williams on Monday, according to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. It seems unlikely but not impossible the 49ers could still sign Goldson, who was also reportedly negotiating with the Raiders.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just wait, we have targeted a player that no one else wants. No. One. Else.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Madieu Williams joins the 49ers
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 1, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT

Perhaps the 49ers don’t think they will be able to bring back free agent Dashon Goldson.

San Francisco agreed to terms with safety Madieu Williams on Monday, according to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. It seems unlikely but not impossible the 49ers could still sign Goldson, who was also reportedly negotiating with the Raiders.

We don't need any safety help. We're good.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Honestly, the safety position has been so bad for so long in Dallas, I'm actually hoping our FO is investigating trades for a good/really good safety.

I can't believe that we didn't overpay for the best two safeties available. It's been that aweful for that long.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You guys do realize that we have Andre Sendejo don't you? He played in the UFL. He went up against NFL legends like Dante Culpepper and Jeff Garcia.
sendejo-2.s600x600.jpg

We're good at Safety. Plus, he has some of the best coaching around.
dave+campo.bmp

We have nothing to worry about.

Hey dbair, sunshinie enough for you fucker?

63echo

Reaction score
Spagnola said two things recently that you chuckleheads need to pay attention to:

1) Sendejo looks pretty good.
2) Safety is by far the easiest position to play on a football team. He even suggested that he himself could suit up and play safety.

Take the nooses off your necks. Spags has spoken, and all is well.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think we have something in Sendejo...in the future. But to rely on him or anyone else we currently have on the roster to fix the safety problem this year is wishful thinking at best.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Spagnola said two things recently that you chuckleheads need to pay attention to:

2) Safety is by far the easiest position to play on a football team. He even suggested that he himself could suit up and play safety.

Well if Spagnola said it....

It's not like Jerry signs his checks or anything. He's usually so critical of the team.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

He said #2?

What a joke.

63echo

Reaction score
He said #2?

What a joke.

Absolute truth. I trust what Spagnola says (as should we all), so there's nothing to see here.

I just wish he would have answered the burning question: if playing safety is so simple, why has Dallas had such a hard time finding a good pair since our salad days of Dixon/Scott?

Top Bottom