Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So.... Here's Romo on the injury list for Sunday's game: Back (Probable.)

He was on the week 1 injury report too, same deal.

Really? The "100 percent healed" back has him on the week 1 and 2 injury list? With him wearing ten layers of kevlar to protect it, making him look like the Pillsbury Throwboy? Did he tweak it? Hurt it in some way? It's not really 100 percent healed? What?

They've fucking lied about his back for going on two years now. I now believe he played through back problems all last season. But this season with the invasive disk surgery, it's alot worse.

They've perpetrated a fraud here. The dude can't move, can't run, and can't throw deep with any aplomb or accuracy. And his mind ain't right either, as demonstrated by him missing 3 TD passes to wide open guys on the three picks he had last week..

Something is seriously wrong with him and they're trying to keep it under wraps.

What say you?

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Are we really surprised? This team has NEVER been honest about the injuries. I bet Jerry was scared people would sell their tickets if they knew his back was still fucked, but that's happening regardless.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Are we really surprised? This team has NEVER been honest about the injuries. I bet Jerry was scared people would sell their tickets if they knew his back was still fucked, but that's happening regardless.

Probably so.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Going back and looking at last year's videos of Romo it is clear to me he changed. No longer stepping into his throws, instead throwing off his back foot and leaning back as he throws - trying to do it all with just the arm.... These kinds of changes in mechanics aren't the result of laziness, carelessness or rust, these are habitual muscle memory tasks that depend on a healthy lower back.

It's akin now this year, to if they had cut his head off and put it on a new body. He knows what all he is supposed to do, but his body no longer does. That makes him hesitant, clouds his thinking on his feet and leads to the types of mistakes we saw last week.

Add to that, the possibility of pain killers being involved, and we can assume his mind just isn't right. We can also assume we'll see the same type stuff this week - be looking for it.

In time he might be able to re-learn all he lost physically due to the surgery. It's going to take lots of reps and lots of coaching on mechanics and footwork, to accomplish it though. I'm not sure his handlers even realize all this, or even if Tony himself does.

This just ain't the same Romo anymore.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I had read somewhere that he was spending four hours a day during preseason in the hot tub and getting his back worked on. This doesn't surprise me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I had read somewhere that he was spending four hours a day during preseason in the hot tub and getting his back worked on. This doesn't surprise me.
As you know... SO much of everything you do including just breathing, depends on that lower back.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Or maybe it's a "hey, he played bad, but remember his back thing?" listing. Maybe it's an excuse.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Or maybe it's a "hey, he played bad, but remember his back thing?" listing. Maybe it's an excuse.
They had him listed week 1 too, before he even took a snap.

This after insisting all offseason and preseason that his back was "100 percent" and wasn't the reason he wasn't practicing or playing any preseason worth mentioning.

Tass

Spectator
Reaction score
A) If Romo's back was THAT bad why would Jerruh give him $50m guaranteed?

B) If Romo's back was THAT bad Jerruh absoLUTEly drafts Manziel.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

A, they didn't know. B, he really really wanted to but was talked down out of the crazy tree for once.

I'm speculating that it was worse last year than was let on, and much worse now than it was.

Who was lying then and who is lying now is two different parties.

Tass

Spectator
Reaction score
Come on, man. Would YOU guarantee a dude $50m and not have him greenlit by a medical professional of your own choosing?

Granted, you and I seem to have common sense. Jerry may have gone ahead and given him the contract knowing his back was fucked but chose to believe it would be fine with surgery. Who knows? I've given up trying to make heads or tails out of the decisions made by these jerkoffs.

If it were me, regardless of Romo's back we draft a future starter at QB. Not that clown Manziel, I take Carr in the first.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They reportedly didn't even give him a physical before he signed the new deal. The first back problem emerged shortly afterward.

They were never going to draft Manziel, and good riddance to that. We don't need that circus in addition to the other garbage here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's not what the GM said.

Well maybe fantasy land GM wanted to, but nobody else in the organization wanted him.

I bet if even one other voice in the room had supported it, he might have done it. But the fact is nobody else wanted that guy.

Jones himself ensured there'd be no QB drafted these past two yrs when he signed Romo to that ridiculous extension.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I think doomsday takes the anti romo position by default, but in this case I fear he is absolutely correct, in everything from the problem, to the danger, to who lied to who when.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think doomsday takes the anti romo position by default, but in this case I fear he is absolutely correct, in everything from the problem, to the danger, to who lied to who when.
This was in defense of Romo, not anti-Romo at all.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
This was in defense of Romo, not anti-Romo at all.

Yea, I know. Your defence of him is he is broken, lied aboutit, might never be the same, and hang 50 mill around our neck like a milestone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yea, I know. Your defence of him is he is broken, lied aboutit, might never be the same, and hang 50 mill around our neck like a milestone.
I think his lies came from his agent, last year. I don't think Romo himself lied to anyone.

I think the Dallas Cowboys are lying this season about his condition, and have been all summer. Romo himself might be in denial, not lying intentionally.

Romo's problems last year and this year are due to his back - not laziness, sloppiness or rust. I seem to remember typing that here in a earlier post you might not have read.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think we'll all have an answer by the middle of October.

Something is off right now. Either he needs more time to get his legs back under him, or he's lost his legs and this is it.

Top Bottom