ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm seeing reports saying that Romo's broadcasting contract will allow him to come out of retirement as a 'gun for hire' if the right opportunity came along. Could just be media bullshit though.

I don't doubt it at all. I'm sure most recently retired star players have that.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
It would be monumentally stupid to release him. Let him retire, and keep his rights.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Going to replace Phil Simms at CBS alongside Jim Nantz apparently. Should be an upgrade but I'll reserve judgement til I actually hear him in action.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2f4f68a7b92e214ee1f2dea14d6e535d.jpg

This latest report states that he would take the broadcasting gig with one caveat

That being with the understanding that he is allowed to return to the Cowboys in an emergency situation such as a Bridgewater-esque injury to Dak

It states that he would only come out of retirement for the Cowboys

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The humor of course not lost on me at all, that the only "Romo sweepstakes" was among network TV sports producers and not NFL general managers. Quite fitting.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
let's see how fast #9 is worn by another Cowboy player

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only way this career choker gets to a Super Bowl is as a member of a broadcast team not a football team.

Reaction score
Would have loved to see him expose Ginger even further by winning a super bowl in Denver or Houston. He def has a couple years left in the tank. Must be tough to hang it up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
All you fucktards saying stuff like Wahoo, would have been fucking poetic justice to see Romo go elsewhere and fall flat on his face. Throwing multiple picks left and right.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm seeing reports saying that Romo's broadcasting contract will allow him to come out of retirement as a 'gun for hire' if the right opportunity came along. Could just be media bullshit though.

I read he told Jones it would only be for the Cowboys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All you fucktards saying stuff like Wahoo, would have been fucking poetic justice to see Romo go elsewhere and fall flat on his face. Throwing multiple picks left and right.

Yeah I'm letting the rest of the world lionize and canonize this choke artist. I'll just stick to reality.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i read somewhere that romo is going to call the cowboys thanksgiving game. should be fun.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
First of all the biggest relief is not hearing the fan boys say the injuries were all bad luck anymore. The guys back was shakier than the San Andreas fault line. I will say that Romo made Cowboys football watchable with some really bad rosters for a decade, but the guy showed his limitations when he tried to carry a team. Tom Brady can, Romo cant. That separates the good from the great. The reality is that if you really knew football and understood what you were watching, you could not possibly have believed the trio of Jerry, Red and Romo were going to accomplish great things. The only thing that was accomplished was in Jerry's bank account.

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tom Brady can, Romo cant. That separates the good from the great.
Don't see where it follows that if he isn't as good as a top-2 or -3 of all time, he's crap and good riddance.

The reality is that if you really knew football and understood what you were watching, you could not possibly have believed the trio of Jerry, Red and Romo were going to accomplish great things.
Tony is by far the most accomplished and competent of those three.

And again, I'm not a fanboy. I know he wasn't perfect, or even as great as a few claim. But we were damn lucky to have him. Otherwise it would have been who knows how many more years of the Stoerners and Carters and Vinnies.

Iamtdg

Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know he wasn't perfect, or even as great as a few claim. But we were damn lucky to have him. Otherwise it would have been who knows how many more years of the Stoerners and Carters and Vinnies.
Might have hastened Jerry's demise as a GM, and for sure we wouldn't have Ginger for 10 frikkin years, if what you're saying holds water. Romo was the carrot on the end of the stick that kept everyone hopeful for a mediocre team, year after year. And really it winds up, the Denver game a few years back where we matched Manning point for point until the end, when Romo not surprisingly shit the bed with a late pick we simply could NOT survive there, is a microcosm for his whole career.

Top Bottom