cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
look when you use this as a system of comparison to say oh the ravens got one over on us, then a month later the dude retires it's coming back to you. you don't have to admit how wrong you were just know that we know.

I was wrong. McClain didn't work out.

When will you admit you are wrong about how awful a GM Jerry is?

Reaction score
It was a smart, low risk, high reward by the Ravens. Just because it didn't work out doesn't change that. See the "low risk" thing.

I'm an advocate of bringing in virtually any and all young former high draft picks at low $ or incentive laden contracts. Who wouldn't be?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
IOW people who are not retired.

Retired vs Should Not Be In The League. Yep, we win.

McClain will no longer be on the Ravens cap in 2014. Bernadeau will cost us $3.5M if he's still here, $2.6M if he's cut.

McClain was a low risk gamble on a very talented (but troubled) player. We gamble on guys who couldn't start for Carolina and divison 2 safeties several rounds too early. Our gambles suck.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You defend him and the organization all the time.

I'm convinced you just want to stir up stuff. You can't be the liberal champion of free thinking and ideas one minute and a Jerry sheep the next. Enjoy your trolling Sir.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm adding him to my death pool...he was my #1 pick for the jail pool a few months back.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You defend him and the organization all the time.

I'm convinced you just want to stir up stuff. You can't be the liberal champion of free thinking and ideas one minute and a Jerry sheep the next. Enjoy your trolling Sir.

Because you guys bash him CONSTANTLY and without reason many times.

At this point Jerry could cure cancer and you guys would bitch about how long he took or how it affects our cap for the next 16 years.

When he needs to be criticized I'm right there with you. I'm not the one with the one-track mind here, I am seeing both sides of the Jerry issue and YES he does do some things right.

I love to kill Jerry. So do people like theebs. But we can be fair about it. Alot of this forum is just a Jerry Blows Echo Chamber, where every move we make is indicative of how Jerry is murdering our future for the next 50 years. Yeah. He blows, we get it. Gets old after a while.

Reaction score
Because you guys bash him CONSTANTLY and without reason many times.

At this point Jerry could cure cancer and you guys would bitch about how long he took or how it affects our cap for the next 16 years.

When he needs to be criticized I'm right there with you. I'm not the one with the one-track mind here, I am seeing both sides of the Jerry issue and YES he does do some things right.

I love to kill Jerry. So do people like theebs. But we can be fair about it. Alot of this forum is just a Jerry Blows Echo Chamber, where every move we make is indicative of how Jerry is murdering our future for the next 50 years. Yeah. He blows, we get it. Gets old after a while.

So long as Jerry is holding this team hostage, which he is, then he deserves all the criticism he receives.

You want to give him a pass, thats on you.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So long as Jerry is holding this team hostage, which he is, then he deserves all the criticism he receives.

You want to give him a pass, thats on you.

not criticizing every dump he takes isn't the same thing as "giving him a pass"

if you can't comprehend that, and it seems like you can't, that's on you.

buckup

Reaction score
not criticizing every dump he takes isn't the same thing as "giving him a pass"

if you can't comprehend that, and it seems like you can't, that's on you.

It does if he continually shits on the floor or the counter.

Angrymesscan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I do agree we dodged a bullet with McClain, as I understand it we would be on the hook for his and Bernardeau's salary if we had signed him...
Actually other than the OL, the Pro scouts have done a decent job lately (Sims, Laureant...)

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Baltimore's gamble will cost them $400k in cap room this year and he will be completely off the books next year. I'm pretty sure they will recover that $400k signing bonus in actual money since he voluntarily left the team. Low risk.

I hope the kid takes this opportunity to get some help and realize that at age 23, he still has NFL salary-earning years left, and finds his way back into the league.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Last year, we signed a guy who couldn't beat out two white safeties for the Jets, showed up to camp out of shape, and was cut.

I'll take my chances on talent like McClain over mega jags like Brodney Pool and Will Allen.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Talking about McClain on NFLNetwork now.

Three things stood out. He paid cash for his new house in Alabama last year. He is younger than 2 of the players from the 2013 draft. Last, he called the Ravens and said he was done, no explanation. You have to think he's got some bipolar issues like Alonzo Spellman. Hope he gets his shit together.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
self-pwnt

You realize that is nothing?

NFLNetwork just said it wont cost the Ravens a thing so maybe the 400k was a roster bonus and since he won't be on the roster, it never counts against the cap.

Again, small gamble.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What did it cost the Ravens to take a chance on the guy?

So you're on board with the Cowboys taking a shot on Gabe Carimi if the Bears release him, but you're going to criticize the Ravens for taking a stab on a young first round ILB when it's a position of need for them? A move that cost them really nothing?

Both players suck on the field. Problem with McClain is he is a mega loser off the field. So there's your difference genius.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ravens gamble a small contract on a talented young player.

He's never shown one iota of talent on the field in the NFL.

Cowboys gamble 3 draft picks and a huge contract on Roy Williams.

Yep. Bad deal. Bad trade. It didn't work.

But I think you were one of those at CZ saying they needed to make that type of move before it went down. Were you not?

Same same. Ozzie and Jerry are equal GM's.

No

Top Bottom