touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
:D

Following the Supreme Court’s landmark ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization overturning half a century of abortion rights under Roe v. Wade, nearly two-thirds of Americans want fundamental court reform, specifically term limits for Supreme Court justices.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Following the Supreme Court’s landmark ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization overturning half a century of abortion rights under Roe v. Wade, nearly two-thirds of Americans want fundamental court reform, specifically term limits for Supreme Court justices.

Pass term limits for Congress and Senate first, then we can talk

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

If 2/3 off Americans supported abortion there would be no need for federal enforcement. These filthy bags want to use the federal agencies to push their unconstitutional issues until it doesn’t go their way, then it’s blow up the system. GTFOH.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

The reason the founders wrote into the constitution that Supreme Courts Justices would serve lifetime appointments is precisely for what is happening now. They wanted justices to uphold the constitution even when doing so would be unpopular among the people. The founders believed that a pure democracy would never work and was doomed to failure which is why they made the US a representative Republic.

In this case, the SC did not rule on the legality of abortion. They simply ruled that there is no explicit or implied RIGHT to abortion in the constitution and that it is a matter of morality which should be left up to the people. If the majority of people support abortion then they will vote pro-abortion candidates into office and those people will enact state or federal law allowing abortion as some states have already done.

I really do not understand why Democrats are so outraged that the people have the right to choose as a society how we should deal with the abortion issue.

btw, a few years ago I read a survey on abortion and I thought is was a great representation of the feelings of the population at large. The survey asked respondents if they approve or disapprove abortion at various stages of pregnancy. I do not recall all of the responses but when asked if they favor abortion in the 9th month 94% replied no. In the 8th month 75% replied no. I believe the disapproval flipped at about 4 or 5 months. What this tells me is that there is a compromise in there somewhere and maybe both sides have to compromise. But allowing abortions for women who are in the last trimester of pregnancy is barbaric. Period. Those who favor abortion are pushing too far and have caused the backlash they have to deal with now.

touchdown

Reaction score
The Convention of States is also written into the US Constitution, in cases where there are too much hijinks going on in the Beltway...

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The Convention of States is also written into the US Constitution, in cases where there are too much hijinks going on in the Beltway...
I support the current movement to convene a convention of states, as everyone should. Things have gone off the rails in the last 50 years or so and it is time to make a few tweaks to the wording of the constitution so judges who have abandoned the wording of the founders, have some clarity on future decisions.

Personally, I support a balanced budget amendment to the constitution, along with term limits and new language clarifying that the 2nd amendment applies to all citizens.

touchdown

Reaction score
I support the current movement to convene a convention of states, as everyone should. Things have gone off the rails in the last 50 years or so and it is time to make a few tweaks to the wording of the constitution so judges who have abandoned the wording of the founders, have some clarity on future decisions.

Personally, I support a balanced budget amendment to the constitution, along with term limits and new language clarifying that the 2nd amendment applies to all citizens.
Mark Leving wrote a good book about it in 2014 called The Liberty Amendments: Restoring The American Republic.

touchdown

Reaction score
I guess this is just another "viability" issue. The same issue that pro-abortion advocates often use. Is it viable outside the womb. Well these folks were more or less viable outside the womb, at one time...

Experts see Canada’s euthanasia laws as threat to disabled

touchdown

Reaction score
South Carolina Senate Passes Fetal Heartbeat Abortion Ban After Rejecting Near-Total Abortion Ban

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If its all about "trying to control women bodies" why isn't anyone trying to stop (or force) boob jobs?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If its all about "trying to control women bodies" why isn't anyone trying to stop (or force) boob jobs?

Any deeper thinking or critical thinking beyond the narrative will not be allowed......you have no say, being both a man and a racist....

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Any deeper thinking or critical thinking beyond the narrative will not be allowed......you have no say, being both a man and a racist....

and even though I identify as a "pinkish hue" many would throw a 3rd strike at me for being "white"

Top Bottom