Reaction score
This is a guy ginger smugly sold as the starter. Ginger also signed off on pushing Murray out in order to keep him. I know ginger can't evaluate talent, but everyone tells me his main skill is to evaluate character. Randle already screamed "red flag" going into the season. You'd think his fucking coach would recognize that more than anyone. Maybe ginger will go after Aaron Hernandez when Witten retires.

Report: Former Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Gambled On Sports

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett wanted to keep Murray, nobody pushed him out of here.

He was given an offer to stay (several) but turned them down to take more money from the Eagles.

There's lots of stuff Garrett can be blamed for, losing Murray isn't one of them.

Reaction score
Garrett wanted to keep Murray, nobody pushed him out of here.

He was given an offer to stay (several) but turned them down to take more money from the Eagles.

There's lots of stuff Garrett can be blamed for, losing Murray isn't one of them.

Are you shitting me? Of course Garrett signed off on Randle over Murray or another top feature back. Garrett is the most recklessly arrogant type of idiot there is in football. He's actually delusional enough to think his scheme matters more than the running back. I think that's quite clear at this point as evidenced by how Dallas handled the situation. Smart fans thought they finally learned the importance of keeping balance and Tony off his back but it was all a facade.

Reaction score
By the way, I don't really even care that they let Murray walk. It's just clear that Garrett confidently signed off on rolling with Randle. That's a bigger problem bc the guy sucked at his position and also sucks at being an RKG. So I am not quite sure what the thinking was in Garrett's hollow orange head.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The front office is frighteningly inept. You can't tell me they just stumbled on this during the season. Whoops! He is playing Fan Duel! Cut his ass!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
By the way, I don't really even care that they let Murray walk. It's just clear that Garrett confidently signed off on rolling with Randle. That's a bigger problem bc the guy sucked at his position and also sucks at being an RKG. So I am not quite sure what the thinking was in Garrett's hollow orange head.

He was probably thinking that Randle averaged about 7 yards a carry in 2014 and would be able to do an adequate job. He was obviously 100% wrong and it cost the Cowboys big time.

Reaction score
I wonder if this revelation will keep Randle out of the Hall of Fame like it has Pete Rose.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If they really really wanted to keep him, they would have franchise tagged him instead of Dez.

They didn't really really want to keep him. Because they thought they had the position covered for what they wanted to do with it, which was about 200 carries instead of the 400 they gave Murray.

Reaction score
There were a bunch of indications last off season that the Cowboys were uncertain that they could "trust" Randle. The team had faith in Randle's football abilities, but not in Randle's mental stability.

The various reports of his unstable behavior strongly suggest that the guy has mental health issues. He's got something more than "bad character" ... he has mental problems. It is just a matter of time before his diagnoses are reported in the press.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If they really really wanted to keep him, they would have franchise tagged him instead of Dez.

They didn't really really want to keep him. Because they thought they had the position covered for what they wanted to do with it, which was about 200 carries instead of the 400 they gave Murray.

If they didn't want to keep him, they wouldn't have offered him anything and said "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out"

He reportedly got 3 offers (maybe 4 if you count the Raiders, I don't recall if that offer was ever confirmed). Jacksonville offered him a decent deal. We made him an offer. Then Philly came in at the end and offered WAY more than either us or Jax was offering.

Lastly, if we had franchised him Dez almost assuredly would have either 1) Got a massive deal to leave or 2) Caused us to pay way more than we did to keep him. He would have had a ton of suitors on the open market.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you shitting me? Of course Garrett signed off on Randle over Murray or another top feature back. Garrett is the most recklessly arrogant type of idiot there is in football. He's actually delusional enough to think his scheme matters more than the running back. I think that's quite clear at this point as evidenced by how Dallas handled the situation. Smart fans thought they finally learned the importance of keeping balance and Tony off his back but it was all a facade.

You just don't get whats being built here. GINGER HATER!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think they wanted to keep Murray but not at the price he was looking for. They offered him a low ball contract. If he took it, then great. If not, then don't let the door hit you on the way out. They weren't going to match what Philly offered him knowing that he had been fairly injury prone during his time in Dallas and was coming off a 400+ touch season. Not to mention he'll be over 30 by the time that contract ends. I can see why they didn't make a big effort to resign Murray but I can't understand why they didn't bring in an adequate replacement.

Reaction score
Agreed. This isn't really about Murray. It's about Garrett severely fucking up on the decision to ride with Randle. It's just another huge blunder in his growing library but it mostly speaks volumes about how little of a clue he has in general.

He can't out-scheme. He can't coach up players. And he clearly can't pick talent.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Agreed. This isn't really about Murray. It's about Garrett severely fucking up on the decision to ride with Randle. It's just another huge blunder in his growing library but it mostly speaks volumes about how little of a clue he has in general.

He can't out-scheme. He can't coach up players. And he clearly can't pick talent.

Well said

At this point I simply do not see what Jerry is using to evaluate and make the decision on keeping him around!

12-4 with a loss in the playoffs was not enough to extend him 5 years

Jerry probable chalked up the Green Bay loss to bad officiating on the Dez catch

Therefore Garret had zero accountability for that loss

Forget the fact our D let a one legged Rogers run free all game

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lastly, if we had franchised him Dez almost assuredly would have either 1) Got a massive deal to leave or 2) Caused us to pay way more than we did to keep him. He would have had a ton of suitors on the open market.
If he got significantly more money from us there's no pain there.

Top Bottom