nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Of course

But just because D Law has security because of his contract doesn’t mean he feels “secure” enough to bash his boss publicly

Now that his boss has one foot out the door he can say what he wants and even throw him under the bus like he has probably wanted to for some time now

I’m pretty sure once Garrett is gone that we will hear a universal bashing of Garrett from all sides

Just like Cooper is talking about play calling in the last game

I can see that type of talk creeping up from a number of players here in the upcoming weeks
I've heard that from several people that a lot of shit is going to surface once Garrett hits the road...

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Meh, I don't really give much, if any, value to message board evaluators, they're irrational about seemingly everything. I mean they could be right or wrong but not because they actually have the expertise to make an accurate assessment, its more by accident if they get something right.

Having said that, "defense" in the current NFL will be always maddeningly frustrating no matter who is coach because the NFL has stacked the deck against the D and I don't know how any coach can overcome these rules.

The only reason I pondered Zimmer is because of the reasons I mentioned in the previous post. The entire organization is so contorted, its gonna take an absolute miracle worker to get anything accomplished here.

I'm ambivalent about whomever the next coach will be because no matter who it is, you're gonna hear nothing but backlash and bashing in no time at all when the same results, the same frustrations and the same nonsense occurs like we've seen for the last 25 years
Cowherd mentioned that 1 of the issues with the staff in Dallas is that it is a lot of people who have a connection to the organization so, for me, let's go outside that way thinking even if Zimmer might understand what it takes to work under Jerra...which I think is worse...I'd rather have a guy come in and start making things uncomfortable for everyone (though that could lead to his premature firing lol but comfort and cuddly gets you 10yrs of mediocre ineptitude!!!)

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
RapSheet's article about the coaching carousel:

The part specifically about the Cowboys:

» The Cowboys are expected to move on from coach Jason Garrett with a loss to the Redskins Sunday or missing the playoffs, which would happen even with a win if the Eagles win as well. Garrett won't need to be specifically fired because his contract is up, and it expires on either Jan. 14 or three days after the season. Sounds like Garrett could use a fresh start as well. Among the coaches they'll likely target are Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley, Rhule, former Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, potentially Rivera and others. Put nothing past Jerry Jones - even a trade if someone he likes (such as Minnesota's Mike Zimmer) becomes available.
I certainly wouldn't trade any assets for Zimmer...maybe for Payton

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
since it’s jerry and the dallas cowboys. the new HC will be in a position like no other head coach .... i think zimmer just might work.

but what i really want is the entire coaching staff gone. and someone new with his guys the guy from baylor maybe? what do we have to lose at this point ? ohh that’s right they lose money if they don’t go 8-8 with all the drama may bad sorry about that.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its in Parcells influence on how to be a head coach, Zimmer talks about how Parcells was telling him how to be a HC while he was with Dallas and still does to this day. I like his philosophy on managing players, etc and any coach who can learn from Bill and emulate his philosophy should be a better coach imho, thats all.

I agree that he should be a better coach with BP's influence. But he's not. Zimmer is to the D side of the ball what Garrett is to the O. By the same token, we thought Garrett would have some Jimmy in him having played for the man but none of that rubbed off on him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:laugh3 maybe you and dodger can split the cost on an icepick and send it to me so I can pop it for good

Anyway, I'll move past the endless Zimmer back and forth, y'all resoundingly despise the guy, duly noted.

Outside of Belichick, everyone seems mortal to me. Plus, I don't see any team playing great defense these days. So, I'll ask:

Who is this miracle worker (or workers) you believe could come to Dallas and kick ass on offense, defense and special teams?

AND if the above person(s) exist, what makes you think they can succeed within jeri's stupid way of doing things?

I know what I'd be getting with a guy like Zimmer. I don't know what I'd be getting with someone outside the organization if Jerry goes there. Jerry's a salesman first and foremost. He has to sell the new coach to the fan base or he'll lose the fans even more. He knows this. He's had 10 plus years of comfort. He can't keep getting away with it while other teams rebuild and lap us again.

Greg Roman is a guy I'd look at. He developed an offense for Jackson and he's worked his way up the foodchain. He also comes from a good coaching tree (the Harbaugh brothers). Urban Meyer would have a decent feel for college level talent whch I think would be a plus.

In any event, it should be ineteresting and I'm just glad the Garrett era is just about over.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That said, if Minnesota is 1 and done and wont give Zimmer another contract, I wont be surprised if the Jones' at least make a phone call. I also doubt Parcells would intervene as you allude to and tell Zimmer not to work here, Zimmer worked for Jones for a long time prior to Parcells being here, and Parcells still says to this day he liked working with Jones (for whatever reason, my opinion is he just liked Jones money and needed it at the time)

Zimmer was on the Cowboys staff for 12 years. Under Jimmy, Barry, Gailey, Campo and Parcells. As we all know the Jones' like to keep things in the family, so it wouldn't be shocking if Zimmer ends up being the guy. The trick with Zimmer (or any defensive minded coach) is who the OC is. If the Vikings staff ends up becoming the Cowboys staff (meaning Stefanski and Kubiak come with Zimmer) then I think a potential Zimmer hire is a solid one. If they have some lame OC? Disaster hire.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Only 4-5 hours left until it’s official that Jason Garrett is no longer the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys

I feel the anticipation kinda like waiting for Christmas morning so I can open my gift that I already know I’m getting!

The only problem is will the New York Football Grinch’s steal my Christmas present from under the tree by letting PHI beat them?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

FzqEBgM.png

Tick Tock Motherfucker!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cowherd mentioned that 1 of the issues with the staff in Dallas is that it is a lot of people who have a connection to the organization so, for me, let's go outside that way thinking even if Zimmer might understand what it takes to work under Jerra...which I think is worse...I'd rather have a guy come in and start making things uncomfortable for everyone (though that could lead to his premature firing lol but comfort and cuddly gets you 10yrs of mediocre ineptitude!!!)

I'm totally with you but how can we expect the guy who loves comfort and will be making the decision to go against his nature and hire someone thats gonna make things uncomfortable?

thats the whole conundrum here and I think we're dreaming if we think jeri is gonna give us the type of coach we want & give him the required authority.

Certain coaches are simply not going to be an option no matter how much we may wish otherwise, so I think the way to approach this is to ponder whether there is any coach that can work within jeri's insane constraints, overcome them and create a winner in spite of jeri & spawn because thats the miracle worker Cowboy fans need imho

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tick Tock Motherfucker!

dont get too excited, cowboys are winning and the eagles are tied.

there's currently a 40% chance of this torture continuing for another week or more

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
zeke talking shit to the camera

players smiling and high fiving

garret clapping and walking tall

the losers apparently don’t realize they have been eliminated.

it’s disgusting.

i was really hoping for a loss today. what did today do for this organization????

just another dumb move by a dumb team and a dumb organization. real good guys.real good dak. real good JG. you just beat 4th stringers in the redskins. and missed the playoffs.

MONDAY CANT COME SOON ENOUGH.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
dont get too excited, cowboys are winning and the eagles are tied.

there's currently a 40% chance of this torture continuing for another week or more

Luckily, the Eagles won. The search should officially begin any day now. Excitement!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wish they would show the score of the Eagles game once they win on the Jerry tron then show Jeruh’s face as soon as he realizes it’s finally over!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We need to have a collective msg board group clap as soon as this game ends to usher Garrett’s ass out the door!

Top Bottom