cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
NFLNetwork showed the replay last night. Knew watching it would hurt but did it to myself anyway.

Things that stood out:
* Garrett did us no favors in that game.
* When I watched the game live and the replays, I remember feeling that Dez definitely made a football move, three steps, extended the ball, etc. Watching the replay, I see how it looks like he was going to the ground the whole time. Still hate that it happened but without the emotion, I can see why it was ruled he was falling and never established himself.
* Green Bay got lucky, a lot, in that game.
* Sterling Moore had a bad, bad day.
* Moore had to play because of injuries, I get that. Heath on the other hand, plays because the Cowboys are blind and ignorant in regards to the safety position. When Heath is on the field we are going 10 against 11 in NFL talent. If he's our third safety again this year, we will be exploited in the passing game when it matters most. He is a giant liability on the field.

I hope this Front Office truly realizes how close this team was this past year. We have to use this off-season to bring the gang back (Dez, Free, and either Murray or a comparable RB) on offense AND three or four upgrades on defense.

Last off-season, the FO thought the team was average and made financial decisions. This is the year to spend (wisely) and get better. I can live with some tough years on the cap if we truly tried to make a run this year. I can't live with being content and hoping that guys like Heath, Jermey Parnell, Terrell McClain will be world beaters.

Reaction score
I watched that replay too. Felt the same about Heath. He just kind of runs around. Speaking of runs around, an FS with range would have changed that game. Wilcox had an interception right in front of him and an open field and just kind of stalled.

The longer the game went, the less strategy Jason had. It's almost like he had exhausted his game plan and out of ideas by the early third quarter the it was like "let's keep trying this same play over and over and see if something different happens".

There is such an emphasis on the Murray fumble as the moment in the game that Dallas lost but there were so many opportunities for Dallas to just get first downs and sustain drives but the coach opted to try for distance plays that they really don't have the players to carry out.

After the first quarter, the progress that Dallas made this season with just methodically moving the chains just disappeared and the game-disabling naive coach in training reared his red head.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

He did, but that laser Rodgers threw to Adams was tough to defend. Moore was right on that guy's tail but the pass was too good.

The clusterfuck right before the half still has me steamed. How they ended up with points but we didn't is something only Red could have accomplished.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He did, but that laser Rodgers threw to Adams was tough to defend. Moore was right on that guy's tail but the pass was too good.

The clusterfuck right before the half still has me steamed. How they ended up with points but we didn't is something only Red could have accomplished.
Truth.

Maybe he can put "end of half clock management" on his upcoming Learning Expedition tour.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
* When I watched the game live and the replays, I remember feeling that Dez definitely made a football move, three steps, extended the ball, etc. Watching the replay, I see how it looks like he was going to the ground the whole time. Still hate that it happened but without the emotion, I can see why it was ruled he was falling and never established himself.
Except for the small fact that the official on the scene correctly ruled him down by contact and had spotted the ball, because his knee hit the ground while he still had possession of the ball. And that fact was clear as well, in all the replays shown. The call on the field should never have been overturned.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
* Garrett did us no favors in that game.

Yeah, the team was totally unprepared to play and all right? Damn that Garrett for causing Murray to fumble with a wide open field and for having the referees inexplicably overturn that Bryant catch.

Come on dude, I am all for blaming him for a ton of shit that has happened in past years. But we had a great season, the team obviously works its ass off and we clearly showed we can play with and beat the best teams in the league. This team was pretty close to winning a championship last year, and that was at least one or two seasons earlier than even the most optimistic fans would have thought.

Yeah whatever. It was a fucking catch but it doesn't matter anymore. Whats done is done and we might not have won the game anyway with how the defense was playing the 2nd half.

* Green Bay got lucky, a lot, in that game.

They were fortunate with both those replays for sure. But not recovering that kickoff return fumble when we had the golden opportunity was the potential play of the game. Should have had it, still cant believe we didn't.

Yeah when we watched it live I thought it was by far his worst game of the year. He was a nice role player for us most of the year but he got absolutely ripped apart this day.

* Moore had to play because of injuries, I get that. Heath on the other hand, plays because the Cowboys are blind and ignorant in regards to the safety position. When Heath is on the field we are going 10 against 11 in NFL talent. If he's our third safety again this year, we will be exploited in the passing game when it matters most. He is a giant liability on the field.

I think if Heath is on the team for 2015 its only because he's the 4th safety who plays almost exclusively on ST. I definitely believe there will be at least one (if not two) new safeties on the team competing for spots. I still think Wilcox is going to pan out, although he is probably more suited to a traditional SS position. Church is what he is, but he is a less athletic version of Wilcox. We could survive with them both out there again but upgrading one of the spots by getting a FS with range would definitely help the defense.

I hope this Front Office truly realizes how close this team was this past year. We have to use this off-season to bring the gang back (Dez, Free, and either Murray or a comparable RB) on offense AND three or four upgrades on defense.

Last off-season, the FO thought the team was average and made financial decisions. This is the year to spend (wisely) and get better. I can live with some tough years on the cap if we truly tried to make a run this year. I can't live with being content and hoping that guys like Heath, Jermey Parnell, Terrell McClain will be world beaters.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom