Reaction score
By David Moore , Staff Writer Contact David Moore on Twitter: @DavidMooreDMN

Dak Prescott was in Houston last week to pick up his award as the NFL's Rookie of the Year. He made appearances, went to parties and interacted with his growing legion of fans.

It was a good few days, but not what he wanted. Before one of his events, the quarterback was asked if he was confident that the Cowboys would be one of the participants in Super Bowl LII.

"So confident,'' Prescott said. "I don't think anyone has more confidence in me than I do in myself. Not only myself but this team, organization, it's the Cowboys.

"We're excited for what's to come for our growth as a unit, as a team as an organization. We've got a great young team and we're looking for a lot more.''

Vegas agreed, installing the Cowboys and New England as the early favorites to meet in next year's Super Bowl in Minneapolis.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Well he's officially a Cowboy now. Talking about the Super Bowl in the off-season as if it's a given

Reaction score
I almost can't fault him if he was specifically asked that question, but yeah talking about getting to the Super Bowl in the offseason has been a routine thing with this core of losers we've had over the Wade/Garrett era. Witten and Romo most notably.

I wish he would've given a better answer though. Something to the effect of the generic "focused on getting better during the offseason and were confident the sky's the limit if we do that" type thing.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep, almost reminds me of Tony after the 2007 13-3 year (IIRC) where he made some comment about not wanting to fast forward to the playoffs next year because the regular season was so enjoyable.

It's not so enjoyable when things go wrong and you don't even make the playoffs. Or when you go 8-8 or 4-12.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought he was smart. Hasnt figured out his coach is a fraud who will figure out a way fuck things up at the worst possible time yet. He probably will know by this time next year though.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I almost can't fault him if he was specifically asked that question, but yeah talking about getting to the Super Bowl in the offseason has been a routine thing with this core of losers we've had over the Wade/Garrett era. Witten and Romo most notably.

I wish he would've given a better answer though. Something to the effect of the generic "focused on getting better during the offseason and were confident the sky's the limit if we do that" type thing.

So you would prefer him to spit out a patented "Garrett answer"?

They asked Dak the question not Garrett

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm "So confident" the rest of the league is going to have book on and come after Prescott for REAL next season, and we'll be lucky to see 8-8.

Top Bottom