Will Cowboys make Trade Deadline Deal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's really a yes/no question along with adding your opinion on what position (or specific player) you'd want to target.

I'd say throw out junk like "go get Josh Allen or Aaron Donald" because that stuff clearly isnt happening. That said, here's a list of potential names I've seen the NFL media people speculating on as potential trade deadline gets for some team:

Panthers RB Christian McCafferey (already traded), Broncos RB Melvin Gordon, Rams RB Cam Akers

Note- Panthers GM apparently addressed other players on his team and said DT Derrick Brown, WR DJ Moore and DE Brian Burns are NOT available, they reportedly turned down two #1's for Burns over the weekend)

Bears LB Roquan Smith

Jets WR Denzel Mims, Saints WR Michael Thomas, Pats WR Kendrick Borne, Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy, Texans WR Brandin Cooks

Redskins DT Daron Payne, Panthers DT Matt Ioannidis

Bears DE Robert Quinn, Broncos DE Bradley Chubb

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think they should pickup some depth at OL and RB

and maybe another big body player on the DL or something to help out w/ run defense

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Are you asking what we think Dallas will do, or what WE would do were we the GM?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So why don't you guys be team players and vote? I'm not interested in any of your commentary or opinions if you don't vote. Or did you folks mail in your votes?

and maybe another big body player on the DL or something to help out w/ run defense

It's really a yes/no question along with adding your opinion on what position (or specific player) you'd want to target.

Are you asking what we think Dallas will do, or what WE would do were we the GM?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i voted yes because theyve done it a few times in recent years and if they feel like they have a chance then maybe theyll do it again

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Nailed it with the big body guy on DL.

But why RB?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think they may make one more trade.

WR makes some sense, so does LB if it's a proven starter with some speed.

The other possibility may be some OL depth with Farniok being out awhile now

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
RB might be really stupid to trade for but my thinking is that zeke or pollard are going to break down at some point
I think Dowdle is hurt right no so they had called up Malik Davis (who many thought should have made the team over him anyway). They also have Quadre Ollison on the PS and he played for Quinn in Atlanta.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
I like the Hankins pick up. Also Carlos Watkins coming up from practice squad. Both players will help against run happy Bears. Getting Damone Clark off IR is going to pay off big later this season when he gets in game shape. Still think we need another big play WR and OL to help. The only way any of this matters is if we get much improved play outta Dak. Right now he is average at best. Really love the production we are getting out of the rookie class. Drafts have been strong. We need to bring Malik Davis up this weekend to pair with Pollard. That kid can really tote the rock. Kellen Moore needs to get his act together in calling plays. He still seems to be learning on the job. My vote would be for another playmaker at WR and OL.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Who is going to take the place of Zeke’s ability to block and pick up blitzes?

We can’t have Pollard whiff again like he did vs the Rams when Ramsey came flying through untouched and nailed the QB

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Who is going to take the place of Zeke’s ability to block and pick up blitzes?

We can’t have Pollard whiff again like he did vs the Rams when Ramsey came flying through untouched and nailed the QB
Pollard has never been good at that part of the game and it probably isnt going to change.

Looks like rookie Malik Davis will be the #2 guy but they could call up the Qudree Ollison, who does have some game experience from when he played for Quinn in Atlanta.

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Jerry keeps insisting no trades were taking place. I just have a hunch with OBJ. :unsure:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen both saying they are working on some things before the deadline. Broaddus said he is expecting a deal or two today.

It might not be just a player we acquire, we may move 1 or 2 of our own guys for player/picks too.

Top Bottom