Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just saw this posted on Facebook and thought it had to be a joke. Then the comments go on to say that it isn’t a joke at all.

This is your Representative in Texas coming out with this looney shit. WTF? This is some serious bat shit crazy next level California liberal type thinking here

In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "castle doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.

SHE SAID:
"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."

Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."

"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance we reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It IS a joke... But it's real. Has zero chance of passing but it does put her on record accurately. Yes we have our share of loons here.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It IS a joke... But it's real. Has zero chance of passing but it does put her on record accurately. Yes we have our share of loons here.

She’s probably from CA

Yer welcome LOL

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That’s the problem with down ballot voting

Most ppl don’t care enough do research on anyone besides the pres and the props

Other than that most ppl either vote straight ticket or throw darts at the ballot to select everyone else

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
She’s probably from CA

Yer welcome LOL
Can't blame Cali for this nut. Dallas south oak cliff. This "bill" is straight up BLM pandering. But heed what she says well, it's really what it's all about.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I just saw this posted on Facebook

should have stopped right there and vetted the claims and quotes. I do not trust a Facebook post as a valid source.

I attempted to search your quotes and the only place they lead to where other forums where people were quoted the same thing so its starting to feel like the phrase a lie gets halfway around the world before truth gets a chance to put on its pants.

I was not able to find any source or video that matched the quotes in your post which I would think if she really said these things publicly, we would be watching video not reading hearsay on Facebook. What I did find a few tweets from her on the issue:

We may still not agree with her stance but if we can take her tweet as an accurate representation of her views, then its not nearly as crazy as the Facebook post made her sound. Other folks are drawing similar conclusions:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but If I've Googled correctly this is HB196 (I haven't had time to read yet but perhaps we can attack the actual bill vs whatever she may or may not have said):

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm amazed this hasn't found its way onto my Facebook yet. Usually something this dumb about 10-15 people would be spewing its virtues either on my timeline or the local rants and raves page...

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
God I hate politicians. I really do. No one ever knows the intent of someone who intends to commit a property crime (ie: theft). The law used to be simple. Use deadly force if you feel you or someone else's life is in jeopardy. But everything has become so politicized it's crazy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I just saw this posted on Facebook and thought it had to be a joke. Then the comments go on to say that it isn’t a joke at all.

This is your Representative in Texas coming out with this looney shit. WTF? This is some serious bat shit crazy next level California liberal type thinking here

In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "castle doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.

SHE SAID:
"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."

Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."

"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance we reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

Just truly fucked up people. They exist.

Top Bottom