Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Weird that the team just took this slide laying down. No waves made at all. No players only meeting, no disgruntled players challenging their teammates outwardly.

Looks like they've taken on the their head coach' attitude. Just clap through the hard times and talk in cliches.

I hate being a Dallas fan. Fuck you, Dad.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
FWIW, one of the reporters asked Mincey about that in the locker room last night and he said yeah, it's about time for one of those.

Now whether he really meant it or was just going along with the question, I don't know. He didn't say it with a lot of conviction. It almost sounded more like, "Yeah, good idea man, we'll do that."

They did say this morning that a bunch of players got out of there in a hurry last night because they had to go to Dez's birthday party shindig.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if they have one. They all answer to Jerry. Fake GM Will McClay and fake HC Jason Garrett don't have the authority to do anything.

Reaction score
I am not sure calling teammates out solves anything. Accountability has to come from the coaches. I think Jerry has undermined the coaching staff to a point where i don’t see the players responding. They continue to make the same stupid mistakes.

People make football out to be something more than it is. The team that makes the most plays, wins. They have been close in a number of games but have failed to finish the game. Oddly that’s been Garrett’s motto the last two seasons.

I had high expectations for the season and had Romo been healthy, they probably would be leading the division. Regardless, it’s a shame the season is pretty much over. I don’t feel anger or like the child on the steps waiting for his father. I feel fine. It’s football. Shit happens.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Although, this really worked during the 1971 season. Oh wait, those were actual men involved.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I only ask because that usually signals the beginning of the end of the head coach.

Reaction score
I think as long as the Cowboys are competitive and the games are close, Garrett is safe. I just don’t know that firing Garrett solves anything. Jerry will just hire another puppet coach and the organizational dysfunction will still exist. That stadium with zero home field advantage will still exist. Even Stephen is starting to sound like Jerry to me.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Uh oh guys... Everlasting is sounding a little negative.

Guys like XXX will come around sooner or later. It's only a matter of time but it usually takes more of a beating for these folks to come around.....but they always do. Now, when he's robbed, shanked and gang raped by a couple of illegals, the transformation will be complete.

Reaction score
Guys like XXX will come around sooner or later. It's only a matter of time but it usually takes more of a beating for these folks to come around.....but they always do. Now, when he's robbed, shanked and gang raped by a couple of illegals, the transformation will be complete.

I have been through the same shit you guys have been through. 20 something years of futility. At the end of the day, football is fun to me. I enjoy being a Dallas Cowboys fan. I enjoy rooting for them and wanting them to win. That’s pretty much it. When it’s not fun, ill do something else.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
football is fun to me. I enjoy being a Dallas Cowboys fan. I enjoy rooting for them and wanting them to win. That’s pretty much it. When it’s not fun, ill do something else.
That's me too, and pretty much everyone here.

You seem to think using a critical eye and applying critical thought = less enjoyment?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here's the thing.. I love football. Whether it was my son's football team, the team I coach now, the USC Trojans, or the Dallas Cowboys, I enjoy watching them play. I want to win. If we aren't winning, something is wrong. If something is wrong, I'm going to talk about it.

I don't expect any of those teams to win every game, but during the game, I expect them to play hard, smart, and try like hell to win. if they don't, I will be critical.

This isn't your 4-year old's soccer game, where they run the wrong way and no one keeps score. This isn't a piano recital, equestrian riding, or hobby airplane building where you stand by and say good job even if they suck out loud.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This isn't your 4-year old's soccer game, where they run the wrong way and no one keeps score. This isn't a piano recital, equestrian riding, or hobby airplane building where you stand by and say good job even if they suck out loud.
DING!

I think with football, if you take the critical eye out of it, you either never had or have lost, your passion for it.

Reaction score
That's me too, and pretty much everyone here.

You seem to think using a critical eye and applying critical thought = less enjoyment?

Sure, always talking about negative shit brings less enjoyment. Not just football, but in life. You don’t agree and i am good with that. You have your opinions and you share them. I have mine and i share them. BTW, i like critical thought. But not all of it is accurate or balanced. You seem to think ALL critical thought is accurate. I don’t.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sure, always talking about negative shit brings less enjoyment.
Having critical thought is not automatically negative. You're trying to attach emotions to, thought. Having and using critical thought INCREASES enjoyment.

And just because you don't agree with a critique neither makes it "negative" or even, incorrect.

RAH! RAH! RAH! <---- Isn't critical thought.

Reaction score
It's shocking to me that more homers don't understand this. You want people to be critical and realistic about the team's strengths and weaknesses. What person at Valley Ranch is always being positive about the team? It better not be the GM, or players will never get cut, and everyone will get an extension. It can't be the HC. It's not always the players. I'd say there isn't anyone who works for the team who is constantly positive. If you don't have a critical eye and the ability to make the tough decisions, you don't work there. If a player can't look at themselves and see areas of needed improvement, then they don't make the roster.

But somehow it's expected that the fans of the team can't be critical of it? If that's the case, it would be unique to fans alone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's shocking to me that more homers don't understand this. You want people to be critical and realistic about the team's strengths and weaknesses. What person at Valley Ranch is always being positive about the team? It better not be the GM, or players will never get cut, and everyone will get an extension. It can't be the HC. It's not always the players. I'd say there isn't anyone who works for the team who is constantly positive. If you don't have a critical eye and the ability to make the tough decisions, you don't work there. If a player can't look at themselves and see areas of needed improvement, then they don't make the roster.

But somehow it's expected that the fans of the team can't be critical of it? If that's the case, it would be unique to fans alone.
Jimmy had a term for the above: Positive Dissatisfaction.

Top Bottom