Reaction score
Philly radio host apologizes for Victor Cruz tweet
Posted by Mike Florio on October 13, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT

After Giants receiver Victor Cruz suffered a serious knee injury while trying to make a fourth-down touchdown catch that would have cut the Eagles’ lead to 20-7 in the third quarter, a Philly radio host took to Twitter, aggressively.

“Hey Giants fans,” Mike Misanelli of 97.5 The Fan said. “Victor Cruz is over. Dance to that.”:awkward

Misanelli later backtracked. Repeatedly.

“I apologize for the Cruz tweet,” Misanelli said. “I didn’t see that he got hurt on the play. Was outside the stadium and saw he dropped it walking to my car.”

He reiterated that sentiment twice.

“I just saw on big screen outside stadium that he dropped the pass. Didn’t see that he got hurt on play. My bad,” Misanelli said.

“Again, I only saw him drop the ball on a big screen from the parking lot on my way to subway. I didn’t see that he got hurt on the play.”

It’s a fair explanation, if it’s the truth. “Victor Cruz is over” can be taken to mean that he’s done as an effective player, not that he suffered a serious injury. But good luck getting any Giants fans to accept it.

Regardless of whether Misanelli did or didn’t mean to make light of Cruz’s serious injury, Eagles players showed their respect in the moment. As the picture reflects, several Philly players surrounded Cruz after the injury.

Reaction score
I doubt that he did not know Cruz was injured. :blahblah

He's a typical E-Girls fan, NO CLASS!! :gloat

W8 till it sn*ws in Philthydelphia. He'll be the 1st one to throw sn*wballs at Santa Claus. :dev3

(I dont say that foul, 4 letter 'S***' word.)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No idea why he is apologizing for being the typical, classless idiot Eagles fan.

Top Bottom