Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This thread had a lot of Nostradamus like accuracy

I was wrong, I can admit that.

But It’s not like a single one of us would have ever guessed that Cooper Rush would turn out to play as well as he has. Or even more importantly, that Kellen Moore would actually run the ball consistently for the first time as a OC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

But It’s not like a single one of us would have ever guessed that Cooper Rush would turn out to play as well as he has. Or even more importantly, that Kellen Moore would actually run the ball consistently for the first time as a OC.
Oh I agree with you, was pointing out how bad we all were at predicting.

BB was the only one that didn't completely blow it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of Kellen Moore's but can we say with any certainty that it's been him? Do we know if the QB still goes into the huddle with 1 pass play and 1 run play and the QB calls the play at the LoS once he sees the defensive alignment?

Seeing how Cooper runs the O makes me second guess a lot of things. And I don't think he's the answer at QB either. Just saying that how much of what we've been seeing is Dak and how much of it is Moore?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Kellen Moore's but can we say with any certainty that it's been him? Do we know if the QB still goes into the huddle with 1 pass play and 1 run play and the QB calls the play at the LoS once he sees the defensive alignment?

Seeing how Cooper runs the O makes me second guess a lot of things. And I don't think he's the answer at QB either. Just saying that how much of what we've been seeing is Dak and how much of it is Moore?
I don't think there's much doubt they've given Prescott more control than maybe he should have over making the calls. I've kind of been wondering if maybe Rush follows the play calls more closely than Prescott does. It just looks different.

They did the same thing with Romo too and at one point our own team's defensive players got pissed about it and called him out on it. Ultimately maybe it's tweedle dee and tweedle dumb telling the coaches to let the QB's (specifically Romo and Dak) have a free reign over everything because in their dumbshit minds these guys are "elite"

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I don't know whats going on but you would expect to see a HUGE drop off in your 40 mill/yr QB and a backup that passed through waivers multiple times.

The fact we dont seems more an indictment of Dak than praise for Rush

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know whats going on but you would expect to see a HUGE drop off in your 40 mill/yr QB and a backup that passed through waivers multiple times.

Spot on.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

My thoughts exactly

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Very true.

Was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the 2nd half of last yr because he wasn't healthy, but there's no excuse for how poor he played on opening night vs Tampa. He appears to have regressed as a player.

The real dilemma for the organization is going to be if Prescott comes back in there and stinks up the joint (and we lose games because of it) what do they do? Especially if Rush plays well in whatever other games he starts in the interim.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

One of these days you folks will learn to appreciate me. I can't pull up the Tweet this dude is referring to because I don't have a Twitter account. But this goes to the heart of what I've been saying. Dak can't read a defense and he doesn't trust his arm talent which is better than Cooper's. But it's negated because he can't read a D or throw a receiver open (because he doesn't trust his arm and accuracy). These will ALWAYS be Dak's flaws.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And this is what every NFL DC has realized, especially after the Denver game last year. That is, force Dak to beat you. Dak can't beat them or beat them consistently which is what you need going into the playoffs. Dak will never be a SB QB. I'm not knocking him....what he's done as a 4th round pick is incredible and deserves respect.

And I don't buy all the bullshit like some of you shills that Dak's a "leader." Dak talks too much.......not because he wants to convince us, but because he wants to convince himself.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
One of these days you folks will learn to appreciate me. I can't pull up the Tweet this dude is referring to because I don't have a Twitter account. But this goes to the heart of what I've been saying. Dak can't read a defense and he doesn't trust his arm talent which is better than Cooper's. But it's negated because he can't read a D or throw a receiver open (because he doesn't trust his arm and accuracy). These will ALWAYS be Dak's flaws.

Is Daks "arm talent" better? I love a lot of things about Dak but the thing that always stood out to my naive eyes is what appeared to be weak accuracy, anticipation and often wobbly throws vs a tight spiral

Rush's throws seem to at least have a tighter spiral but that could very well be an anecdotal observation on my part

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
`
Is Daks "arm talent" better? I love a lot of things about Dak but the thing that always stood out to my naive eyes is what appeared to be weak accuracy, anticipation and often wobbly throws vs a tight spiral

Rush's throws seem to at least have a tighter spiral but that could very well be an anecdotal observation on my part

I see it too and Rush throws a nicer ball. But I just think I've seen Dak throw some of those too and it just seems to me his arm may be stronger. It's certainly not a huge difference. Which reminds me of all this talk of Dak's arm getting stronger with some off season workout. I haven't seen it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Rush looked far more comfortable vs NYG than vs Cinci the previous week. Got the ball out on time or very quick on almost every throw and as I noted before, he definitely seems to look downfield more than Prescott does. Prescott seems in a hurry sometimes to just take the safe completions.

It does seem like Rush sees the field quite well too.

Physically I think Prescott is more gifted but as we have seen for decades, there's far more to playing QB than simply who is more gifted physically.

Top Bottom