English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And Dak played QB just fine last year.

Be honest, he had some real stinkers in the second half of the season.

I think Dak can be a really good QB. He proved that in his rookie season. And I desperately want him to succeed because he seems like a good guy. However, I'm worried about the way his career is trending. The fact that he also openly lobbied for Kellen Moore to get the QB coaching gig has me worried that he's already become institutionalized into the Jerry/Garrett shitshow.

Reaction score

I think Dak can be a really good QB. He proved that in his rookie season. And I desperately want him to succeed because he seems like a good guy. However, I'm worried about the way his career is trending. The fact that he also openly lobbied for Kellen Moore to get the QB coaching gig has me worried that he's already become institutionalized into the Jerry/Garrett shitshow.

Prescott is more of an intelligent game manager. Nothing wrong with that and a club can win it all with a Prescott. He is not elite simply because he doesn't have the arm. Brains he has, work ethic he has, integrity he has, discipline he has. Give him a scheme and a Defense and he can win a SB. I mean, just look at this years SB. That tells you everything.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

X2

I agree completely

I just hope it’s not already too late for him. I have zero faith that he will turn things around under the combo of Moore/Garrett. His career will likely be wasted like Romo’s was

My fear is that he has another season where he trends downward but still good enough for Jerry to throw a huge extension at him

Or even worse make him the highest paid QB in league history like the Niners did today with Jimmy G

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
he doesn't have the arm.
Did you just sleep through the 2016 season? Dak has a cannon for an arm. Last year his main target was taken away by opponents week in and week out, and our idiot coaching just let it happen. Because they are invested in "take what the defense gives us" which means if the D wants to take away the slot receiver, we just fucking let them take away the slot receiver.

We have NO decent or worthwhile outside guys to counter with.

Reaction score
X2

I agree completely

I just hope it’s not already too late for him. I have zero faith that he will turn things around under the combo of Moore/Garrett. His career will likely be wasted like Romo’s was

Yep. A wasted experience is entirely possible. Garrett is a fake and Moore is less than that. Moore?? I still can not believe a gimmick signing like that. The FO is not seriously trying to improve.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I should have said rookie year. That's what I meant.

Reaction score
Did you just sleep through the 2016 season? Dak has a cannon for an arm. Last year his main target was taken away by opponents week in and week out, and our idiot coaching just let it happen. Because they are invested in "take what the defense gives us" which means if the D wants to take away the slot receiver, we just fucking let them take away the slot receiver.

We have NO decent or worthwhile outside guys to counter with.

He is not elite..game manager with character. Average arm and judgement. Needs support just like many other QB's. Can win, maybe, but need serious support.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s going to be interesting to see what the WR situation is going to look like in preseason

Hopefully Dak doesn’t go back to trying to force the ball to sir dropsalot next season

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He is not elite..game manager with character. Average arm and judgement. Needs support just like many other QB's. Can win, maybe, but need serious support.
Again, you must have slept through the '16 season. That season where our "coaching and support" pretty much left him alone. Youtube has highlight videos aplenty. You will see the exact opposite of what you're regurgitating.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hopefully Dak doesn’t go back to trying to force the ball to sir dropsalot next season
There we are, another good example of the stupidity of Ginger. Beasley taken away? Force it to Dez instead of giving that defense fits by putting Switzer in there with Beasley AND Dez. Put Dez and even Witten in the slot at times and let Beasley work wide here and there.

You know, something imaginative?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In fact the ENTIRE production falloff and increased turnovers of Dak AND the four fewer wins this year can ALL be attributed to the fact that we allowed defenses week in and week out, to take the slot away.

Think about it.

Reaction score
It’s going to be interesting to see what the WR situation is going to look like in preseason

For Prescott to be successful, like his first season, he needs the RUNNING GAME to work and the OFFENSIVE Line to play at a very high level. That was and will be the key to his success, not his arm. He can rink and dink his way to wins if the rest is there.

Reaction score
There we are, another good example of the stupidity of Ginger. Beasley taken away? Force it to Dez instead of giving that defense fits by putting Switzer in there with Beasley AND Dez. Put Dez and even Witten in the slot at times and let Beasley work wide here and there.

You know, something imaginative?

It's not the sizzle. Its the substance.

Reaction score
Again, you must have slept through the '16 season. That season where our "coaching and support" pretty much left him alone. Youtube has highlight videos aplenty. You will see the exact opposite of what you're regurgitating.

lol. Are you sure.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
lol. Are you sure.
Based on what you're saying about Dak's abilities, it is highly indicated.
It's not the sizzle. Its the substance.
Of which there is none. Other than "take what the defense gives you." And last season defenses were giving us the wideouts, knowing ours can't get open and can't get separation - and as a bonus, couldn't catch either.

Reaction score
Based on what you're saying about Dak's abilities, it is highly indicated.
Of which there is none. Other than "take what the defense gives you." And last season defenses were giving us the wideouts, knowing ours can't get open and can't get separation - and as a bonus, couldn't catch either.

Football games are won in the trenches.

Trouty

Reaction score

Are we saying Dak is elite, brother? That would be cray cray. Not enough evidence to even say he is above average. Now, their isn't enough evidence to contradict those statements, either.

This season will be all we need to see. Elite quarterbacks are on an upward trend after (usually, before) their third starting season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For Prescott to be successful, like his first season, he needs the RUNNING GAME to work and the OFFENSIVE Line to play at a very high level. That was and will be the key to his success, not his arm. He can rink and dink his way to wins if the rest is there.

He also needs his number one receiver to NOT lead the league in drops

Trouty

Reaction score

Why are you being so hostile? Are you really gonna die on the hill that Dak is elite? After this last season?

Top Bottom