Cythim

Reaction score
The crime IS going unpunished. They took the monkey away and that is all. What happens now? The village needs a new source of income and will probably continue trafficking girls.

Reaction score
The crime IS going unpunished. They took the monkey away and that is all. What happens now? The village needs a new source of income and will probably continue trafficking girls.

Is there evidence that the rape of this orangutan led to a decrease in the number of girls being trafficked?

Is there evidence that suggests that a person who enjoys fornicating with a orangutan will turn to children, if no orangutan is available?

In other words, are you of the belief that the orangutan was serving as a deterrant for otherwise child traffickers?

And if this is the case, would you advocate making orangutans (or another animals) available here in the US so as to cut down on sex offenses against minors?

Cythim

Reaction score
I am of the belief that this village lost a source of income and is obviously willing to do anything to make money. I've already shown you that sex trafficking is prevalent in that region and it is not unreasonable to assume it will increase to mitigate the loss of the monkey. I also have no doubt that children were in that village that needed rescuing more than the monkey did. Yet the monkey comes first.

Reaction score
I am of the belief that this village lost a source of income and is obviously willing to do anything to make money.

A few years ago the US Coast Guard made the largest drug bust in history - over 20 tons of cocain were confiscated.

Should the Coast Guard have let that cocain go through, for fear that the drug dealers would be losing a source of income and are obviously willing to do anything to make money?

I've already shown you that sex trafficking is prevalent in that region

I never denied that it was. Nor has anyone else in this thread.

But the two crimes aren't mutually exclusive.

and it is not unreasonable to assume it will increase to mitigate the loss of the monkey.

I disagree, and again I'd ask if you have any evidence to suggest that the loss of the orangutan will result in an increase of child trafficking.

I also have no doubt that children were in that village that needed rescuing more than the monkey did. Yet the monkey comes first.

The monkey comes first?

What does the rescue of a monkey have to do with human trafficking - other than your baseless and ridiculous assumptions.

You've yet to provide any evidence that even remotely connects the two crimes.

Nor have you illustrated how the rescue of this orangutan took priority over, or otherwise trumped the efforts to decrease human trafficking.

There's no meat on your bone.

Cythim

Reaction score
The military is wasting time saving a monkey when there are worse infractions happening across the nation. The connection is the inaction of the government to prevent child sex trafficking while going on a humanitarian mission to save a monkey. I wouldn't expect a person who thinks pedophile jokes are funny to make the connection.

Reaction score
The military is wasting time saving a monkey when there are worse infractions happening across the nation. The connection is the inaction of the government to prevent child sex trafficking while going on a humanitarian mission to save a monkey. I wouldn't expect a person who thinks pedophile jokes are funny to make the connection.

Again, do you think the Coast Guard should've let the 20 tons of cocain go through because "there are worse infractions" happening accross the nation?

Would you have the nation set up a priority list of all the crimes being committed, and dedicate each and every resource to the crime at the top of the list, and not work to deter those below it until the #1 crime is completely erraticated?

Simple questions, Cythim.

Reaction score

Is anyone else reading this thread making this connection, or otherwise thinks Cythim's stance makes an ounce of sense?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Is anyone else reading this thread making this connection, or otherwise thinks Cythim's stance makes an ounce of sense?

No.

Plus,Orangutans are not monkeys,they are great apes,and an endangered species.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
After hearing both sides and after much thought, I've concluded in my own mind that I hate you all.

63echo

Reaction score
Yes, caring about this over a monkey is both morally bankrupt and intellectually dishonest.

http://www.humantrafficking.org/countries/indonesia

Moral bankruptcy and intellectual dishonesty are both covered under your statement that you didn't care what people did with animals, up to and including sex with a frigging ape (dog-fighting cool, too?). And when asked if you'd be alright with this going on next door, the sand in your vagina went into irritation-overdrive and you started ranting about laws and the like rather than try and convince one that you had the courage of your convictions.

You're normally an even-keeled and intelligent poster, but sometimes you make a giant f**king idiot of yourself and force people like Midswat come out and bitchslap you.

Cythim

Reaction score
Moral bankruptcy and intellectual dishonesty are both covered under your statement that you didn't care what people did with animals, up to and including sex with a frigging ape (dog-fighting cool, too?). And when asked if you'd be alright with this going on next door, the sand in your vagina went into irritation-overdrive and you started ranting about laws and the like rather than try and convince one that you had the courage of your convictions.

You're normally an even-keeled and intelligent poster, but sometimes you make a giant f**king idiot of yourself and force people like Midswat come out and bitchslap you.

First and foremost, I have shown signs of morals in this thread so I am not bankrupt in that department. It is also not intellectually dishonest if I truly hold the position I presented. It may have been an exageration based on the context of the rest of my post but you went straight into attack mode instead of determining the nature of the comment.

As for the sandy vagina, you attempted a lame hypothetical situation that had no relevance to the discussion at hand. Let me throw one back at you: Your neighborhood is wraught with child prosititution that athorities know about but do little to stop. They find out your neighbor is screwing a monkey and storm his house with an army. Would you not say "screw the monkey, we have worse problems in this neighborhood that you need to be addressing"?

Top Bottom