bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
stops at 20 for some reason

1. Titans

Laremy Tunsil

OT, Mississippi

Marcus Mariota has a new running back (DeMarco Murray) and a new receiver (Rishard Matthews). Now he gets a new left tackle. Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey is also in play.

2. Browns

Carson Wentz

QB, North Dakota State

Bigger hands for the cold. Interviewed better than Jared Goff, and bigger upside.

3. Chargers

DeForest Buckner

DE, Oregon

A 6-foot-7, 300-pound tree at the 5-technique alongside new nose tackle Brandon Mebane.

4. Cowboys

Jalen Ramsey

CB/S, Florida State

For now we will take owner Jerry Jones at his word about not drafting a QB to groom behind operating-room regular Tony Romo. Somebody has to match up against the Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr., and this is the best player in the draft.

5. Jaguars

Joey Bosa

DE, Ohio State

Coach Gus Bradley adds another monster to his rebuilt defense with pass rush insurance for OLB Dante Fowler, who missed his rookie season, and a partner in crime for free-agent prize Malik Jackson.

6. Ravens

Ronnie Stanley

OT, Notre Dame

You don’t have to be general manager Ozzie Newsome to know left tackle Eugene Monroe hardly has been Jonathan Ogden.

7. 49ers

Jared Goff

QB, California

Doubt coach Chip Kelly will care about his small hands when he is done watching Blaine Gabbert tape.

8. Eagles

Myles Jack

LB, UCLA

A three-down playmaker with speed and rare athleticism who can play inside or outside to replace Kiko Alonso or DeMeco Ryans. Assuming his knee checks out, of course. RB Ezekiel Elliott a possibility as well.

9. Buccaneers

Vernon Hargreaves

CB, Florida

Darrelle Revis is long gone, and when you play Cam Newton, Drew Brees and Julio Jones twice a year, you better have a ball-hawking stud. Newly signed CB Brent Grimes is 33.

10. Giants

Ezekiel Elliott :brick

RB, Ohio State

Say goodbye to the Four Horsemen concept. In this scenario, this complete back would be the highest rated player on GM Jerry Reese’s board. The defense has been addressed heavily in free agency. Try stopping Beckham now.

11. Bears

Leonard Floyd

OLB, Georgia

A freakish 6-foot-6, 240-pound edge rusher rising up the board. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio adds another piece for his 3-4 unit alongside Danny Trevathan.

12. Saints

Sheldon Rankins

DT, Louisville

Aaron Donald Lite is good enough for a defense that can’t stop the run or the pass.

13. Dolphins

Kevin Dodd

DE, Clemson

Bigger than teammate Shaq Lawson, with a bigger upside. His best football is ahead of him (why would anyone draft a guy whose best football was behind him?). A replacement for Olivier Vernon.

14. Raiders

Eli Apple

CB, Ohio State

A big corner to match up against rivals WRs Demaryius Thomas and Keenan Allen and bolster the back end of a defense that can pressure the QB with Khalil Mack and Bruce Irvin.

15. Rams

Laquon Treadwell

WR, Mississippi

The best receiver in the draft won’t turn Case Keenum into Kurt Warner, but at least he is a 6-foot-3 target.

16. Lions

Jack Conklin

OT, Michigan State

Matthew Stafford can no longer get rid of the ball quickly to retired Calvin Johnson, and Riley Reiff is better suited on the right side.

17. Falcons

Darron Lee

OLB, Alabama

Coach Dan Quinn craves a linebacker with 4.47 speed who can cover backs and tight ends.

18. Colts

Shaq Lawson

DE, Clemson

Coach Chuck Pagano is desperate for someone, anyone, to harass rival QBs Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota and now, Brock Osweiler. Robert Mathis is 35, Dwight Freeney is gone, Bjoern Werner was a bust, and Ohio State DE Noah Spence is a character risk.

19. Bills

Emmanuel Ogbah

DE, Oklahoma State

The Brothers Ryan will salivate over this raw physical specimen as a replacement for Mario Williams. (Of course, Rex might start twitching if he sees Spence still is on the board).

20. Jets

Paxton Lynch

QB, Memphis

Getting an inkling Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the quarterback of the future.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It just seems to me that the value at 10 is as good as the value at 4. When you're sitting that high in the draft the only position that would impact your team long term is QB. Will Bosa, Ramsey or Jack instantly change the fortunes of the team?

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
hilarious that the moron doing this mock goes on about Goff's so called small hands- about 1/8 inch smaller than Derek Carr's.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It just seems to me that the value at 10 is as good as the value at 4. When you're sitting that high in the draft the only position that would impact your team long term is QB. Will Bosa, Ramsey or Jack instantly change the fortunes of the team?

The talent at the top in this draft to me is highly questionable. Goff and Wentz are actually about the best potential players, because if they do work out to be franchise QBs then they were truly worth it. Tunsil is the only one that really makes me think top 5 in most drafts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eagles GM is saying there is a huge drop off in talent after the top-10 and that why they wanted to move up so bad

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Eagles GM is saying there is a huge drop off in talent after the top-10 and that why they wanted to move up so bad
still it was stupid; there is no one they could get that is really worth what they paid to get there.

Skerr41

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd love the Ramsey pick, but don't see him dropping to 4. Tunsil and Ramsey are the 2 best players in this draft IMO. Jaylon Smith would be added to that list if not for the injury.

I'd like Ramsey or Elliot or Goff personally. It used to be Wentz, but for now it changed.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
My fantasy first round would go like this... SF so desperately wants Goff they give us their #1 and #2 this year. Rams are so desperate for Lynch at QB they give us the same deal to move down to #15.

Now who to take at #15? Treadwell intrigues me a lot, but a DE and DB is almost a must if no one is signed in FA

Top Bottom