Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ruh Roh Raggy!!!

ScreenShot2011-12-09at94609PMcopy2.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at94609PMcopy.png

2 missed FGs after JG timeouts.

The 1st one happened during a sequence when Dallas lined up for a 4th & 1 and snapped the ball but the play was blown dead as Garrett got his timeout in. Game goes to commercial break and when it returns, kicking team is standing around (presumably that's what they've been doing since before and all throughout the timeout) waiting to line up for the kick.

Indecisive = last second timeout = tons of waiting and a missed ensued.

Shanksies!

You guys know what happened on the second one.

I think the lesson moving forward is to never again make Bailey wait around to kick, if only for superstition's sake

Side note: The brainiacs at ESPN have Dallas credited with taking two 2nd Timeouts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ruh Roh Raggy!!!

ScreenShot2011-12-09at94609PMcopy2.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at94609PMcopy.png

2 missed FGs after JG timeouts.

The 1st one happened during a sequence when Dallas lined up for a 4th & 1 and snapped the ball but the play was blown dead as Garrett got his timeout in. Game goes to commercial break and when it returns, kicking team is standing around (presumably that's what they've been doing since before and all throughout the timeout) waiting to line up for the kick.

Indecisive = last second timeout = tons of waiting and a missed ensued.

Shanksies!

You guys know what happened on the second one.

I think the lesson moving forward is to never again make Bailey wait around to kick, if only for superstition's sake

Side note: The brainiacs at ESPN have Dallas credited with taking two 2nd Timeouts.

blatantly reaching

Reaction score
Also, the whole notion of icing the kickier is kind of ridiculous.

Every kicker I've ever heard talk about the strategy has said it has zero impact on them.

And had McBriar gotten the laces around, it likely wouldn't have mattered this past Sunday.

That said, I hope we're still talking about this deep into the Summer.

buckup

Reaction score
If you watch the replay you can see JG say "Noonan!" right as Bailey kicks it.

Top Bottom