dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pats pulled off 2nd trade in two days, traded for Martellus Bennett

Gave Bears a 4th rounder for him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now there is talk of both us and the Rams trading up to the #1 spot to take Wentz

What the hell happened to Lynch? He seems to of dropped off the radar and is no longer in discussion as one of the top QB's in this draft.

He's not even part of Game Changers with the rest of the top QB's

Did he shit the bed during a team workout or his pro day or something?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We seem to be the ugly fat chick in the corner with the cold sore at the high school dance this off season. Sure guys will take a look at her, but once they get a good look they run for the hills. Hell we can't even get most of the players to commit to an actual visit us!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now there is talk of both us and the Rams trading up to the #1 spot to take Wentz

What the hell happened to Lynch? He seems to of dropped off the radar and is no longer in discussion as one of the top QB's in this draft.

Not sure what you mean, he's been universally regarded as the #3 QB prospect all offseason, and still is. Is going to go in first round in all likelihood.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I heard the rumor too. Not sure what to think about that. On one hand I would really like them to get Wentz. He has star potential.

On the other hand I don't want to give up what it would take to move to #1. They need A LOT of help and don't need to be giving away picks.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree
It would at the very least take both our 1st and high second round pick which is pretty much another late 1st round pick. Who knows what else. I'd be happy with any of the three QB's and wouldn't want to give up the farm just to take Wentz three picks earlier

He isn't the next Troy Aikman

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, he's been universally regarded as the #3 QB prospect all offseason, and still is. Is going to go in first round in all likelihood.

It just seems like no ones talking about Lynch anymore. Plenty of talk about Goff and Wentz. But it seems like all the buzz about Lynch has slowed way down

And with him being considered by most as one of the top QB's in this draft I'm not sure why he wasn't included in game changers like the rest of the top prospects

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He isn't the next Troy Aikman
Troy wasn't Troy without some help. As far as physical and mental tools go, Wentz is right there with Troy if not better in some areas, like the motor for example. Wentz can fucking RUN.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Troy wasn't Troy without some help. As far as physical and mental tools go, Wentz is right there with Troy if not better in some areas, like the motor for example. Wentz can fucking RUN.

Jimmy even drafted a guy he felt more comfortable with. There wasn't any guarantee that Troy was going to remain the starter. Not in that first year anyways.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jimmy even drafted a guy he felt more comfortable with. There wasn't any guarantee that Troy was going to remain the starter. Not in that first year anyways.
Jimmy never had anyone in mind other than Troy, and drafted Walsh in the supplemental draft as future trade bait, a card which he played with the Saints later. It's in his book.

Jimmy also never really made the decision to draft Aikman, he was already #1 on the board via Brandt and Schramm. It was a no-brainer no matter who pulled the trigger.

Troy didn't get the help he really needed until Jimmy hired Norv.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

As much as I love Wentz, he is nowhere near the caliber of player or talent Aikman was.

Also, this Aikman couldn't run stuff is pretty lame. He could scramble when he wanted and gain a lot of yards before the knees and back stuff caught up with him. At one point I think he ran 4.65. People forget how much ground he could cover when he put the ball down and would run with it. I suggest you take a look at some of his runs from 89-93 or so.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Jimmy drafted Walsh because he knew then the QB position was the most important. You had to have one, and we didn't. He said he had studied the draft extensively and saw that QB's had mixed results from when they were drafted, so he increased his chances on hitting by adding another one.

Walsh was never a threat to beat out Aikman here though, and that's why he was traded the next year.

Reaction score
We don't have to find the next Aikman. We have to find a QB who can be a franchise guy after Romo is gone. If the team thinks one of these guys is it, then I think we need to do what we can reasonably do to get him. If we miss out because we were afraid, then we could be kicking ourselves for years.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Also, this Aikman couldn't run stuff is pretty lame. He could scramble when he wanted and gain a lot of yards before the knees and back stuff caught up with him. At one point I think he ran 4.65. People forget how much ground he could cover when he put the ball down and would run with it. I suggest you take a look at some of his runs from 89-93 or so.
I never said Troy couldn't run. I said Wentz has better wheels, and he does. Wentz can RUN. And his arm, his accuracy and his mechanics are right up there with Troy's on draft day. He's very comparable, and better in at least one area.
Walsh was never a threat to beat out Aikman here though, and that's why he was traded the next year.
Walsh was never considered as the starter. He was trade bait from day One according to Jimmy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I never said Troy couldn't run. I said Wentz has better wheels, and he does. Wentz can RUN. And his arm, his accuracy and his mechanics are right up there with Troy's on draft day. He's very comparable, and better in at least one area.

Sure they are "comparable" but they arnt close in overall rating. Aikman's arm and accuracy were far superior, and it really isn't close. Aikman was one of the highest rated draft eligible QB prospects of the modern league era, and for good reason.

Wentz didn't come close to running 4.65 either by the way.

Top Bottom