cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Luck attacks team's deep coverages. No pass rush plus Brandon Carr and Barry Church equals oh shit.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
That one could be the nail in the coffin.

If we do beat Philly next week, then we'll be a game up on them. If we win out, then we'll win the East. If we lose to Indy, then we would likely tie Philly since they have the Redskins and Giants left. Head to head tiebreaker would be 1-1. Next tiebreaker would be division record. Philly would have one division loss (to us), and we would have two (Redskins and Eagles). We basically can't win the division with another loss.

If we have another loss, then we have to hope for a wild card. The best we can do is 11-5. That should get us in, but right now a three way tie with any combination of Arizona, Detroit and Seattle has us on the outside looking in. A two way tie with Arizona or Detroit puts us out. A two way tie with Seattle, we get in. Basically if Arizona gets one more win, then we can't overtake them without winning out. And with Detroit, they'd have to go 1-2 versus Minnesota, Chicago and Green Bay, for us to get in with another loss.

Screw them. Win out.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This team will find a way to screw it up, they always do. 10-6 and miss the playoffs. And Jerry's dumbass will give Red an extension bc he won more than 8 games.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Luck attacks team's deep coverages. No pass rush plus Brandon Carr and Barry Church equals oh shit.

Hilton scares the shit out of me. Damn good WR who tears up practically every defense he faces. No way we contain him unless we ~snicker~ get a pass rush of Luck.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This team will find a way to screw it up, they always do. 10-6 and miss the playoffs. And Jerry's dumbass will give Red an extension bc he won more than 8 games.

They could actually miss out if they do most things right, including beating the Eagles. Lose to the Colts, probably done. If they win out and make the postseason Garrett deserves any extension he gets. Just cannot see it happening, team just isn't good enough to get on that kind of roll.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's our year. Everything is breaking right for us, from schedule to injuries.

I don't know if we do anything in the playoffs, but I think we make it. Probably win the division. Philly is starting their backup QB, after all.

Reaction score
If we beat Philly and lose to the Colts, and the Eagles lose to us and maybe the Giants.... who wins the division?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Philly misses the playoffs with that scenario, at least when I punched it in. That was with the other teams teams in the mix winning at least 2 of their next 3.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I almost hate to say it, but watch us beat Philly and Indy, then turn around and lose to lowly Washington and miss postseason

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Just cannot see it happening, team just isn't good enough to get on that kind of roll.

Yep.
This team has been right on the edge most of the year.
History tells me we'll fall off.
I'd love to be proven wrong about that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep.
This team has been right on the edge most of the year.
History tells me we'll fall off.
I'd love to be proven wrong about that.
Might be why this Eagles game is on national prime time TV, the annual Dallas collapse makes for good TV. And is predictable, reliable.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
If we beat Philly and lose to the Colts, and the Eagles lose to us and maybe the Giants.... who wins the division?

If the conference record is tied I think it goes to strength of victory and then strength of schedule. I'm too lazy to look up where that would put us.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I almost hate to say it, but watch us beat Philly and Indy, then turn around and lose to lowly Washington and miss postseason

That team has to be the biggest wreck in football. I can't see us losing to them no matter how much we try to.

Reaction score
It'll take an act of god to get us to go 1-1 over the next two.

We could beat philly on account of Philly.... But Luck is going to eat our secondaries babies.

Top Bottom