dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Watching this game lets me know how close we truly were though. Just need to be aggressive this off-season, keep Dez, sign or replace DeMarco Murray and Doug Free, and then upgrade the defense. Don't be complacent.

I think Jones and co are gonna go all in...get 1 or 2 quality DL's in free agency, use the draft to start retooling secondary and add depth at a couple other positions...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Same could be said for the Dez catch. It was one play. Not the entire game. But that doesn't seem to stop most Cowboys fans from claiming the game was stole from us.

I've covered this. Took us 5m44s to score the go ahead TD. And we only had to go 55 yards. If the refs call it correctly and give Detroit the 1st, they eat more clock. Was only a little over 8 minutes left. One more first down alone eats about 2 minutes. They get meow points (at least a FG or a TD that put the game out of reach). They get that first and the odds are in their favor to win the game.

Deny deny deny if you want. GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

The Dez catch was one play just like the penalty play was. But the Dez catch at worst put us at first and goal on the 1 yd line, the non penalty play didn't put the Lions inside the 10 yd line...the flag was picked up because they called it interference, and it wasn't interference...if it had been called correctly, it'd have been a 5 yd penalty and put them with a 1st down around the 41 yd line.

There was also a big difference in time remaining between the two.

Only someone that is beyond vegetable ****** level would continue to argue and troll about this.

Reaction score
Don't tell me about time when it took us 5 min and 40 seconds to go 55 yards.

Also, had we gotten a touchdown there, packers only needed a field goal. Don't tell me about time when the Packers just marched down the field against a much much better defense in Seattle after gettin the ball with 1:19 left.

Please stop with the insults as they hurt my feelings. :)

Lions get that first down as they should have, we likely lose that game.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So Aaron Rodgers drove the team for a FG in 1:25 on the road vs the best defense in football but he wouldn't have with twice as much time at home vs our much worse defense? Can't buy that.

Reaction score
I love that the Packers feel like they were the better team on Sunday and are going home crying. Payback is a bitch.

kind of like the Lions felt like about us last week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So Aaron Rodgers drove the team for a FG in 1:25 on the road vs the best defense in football but he wouldn't have with twice as much time at home vs our much worse defense? Can't buy that.

I think I'm on record numerous times saying the Dez catch didn't sost us the game, because I don't think our defense would have held.

There's only one twit in this forum that seems to think one call (which was wrong originally anyway) would have cost somebody (us) a game

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lions get that first down as they should have, we likely lose that game.

I guess I don't see how. They had done nothing since basically the first quarter. What if they had went 3 and out from there? Even if they had got the PI and it had stood, they might have gotten a FG.

Again, they picked up the flag because it wasn't interference. If they had called it correctly they wouldn't have been in FG range.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
first half: OMG, look what GB is doing to Seattle! We blew a golden opportunity to go to the SB!
second half: crickets

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
first half: OMG, look what GB is doing to Seattle! We blew a golden opportunity to go to the SB!
second half: crickets

neither team played particularly well...I think had we played yesterday we'd have beaten either one of them...but who really knows

Reaction score
neither team played particularly well...I think had we played yesterday we'd have beaten either one of them...but who really knows

Easily beaten either team if Jason were not allowed to attend that Championship game. After that 3rd down and 1 decision in the first half of the Packer game, it seemed like Jason had hijacked the game. Just didn't make sense to have a season in which there was so much progress with a variable offense especially in the last three games, and then to have nonsensical playcalling full of panic and low probability of success.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Easily beaten either team if Jason were not allowed to attend that Championship game. After that 3rd down and 1 decision in the first half of the Packer game, it seemed like Jason had hijacked the game. Just didn't make sense to have a season in which there was so much progress with a variable offense especially in the last three games, and then to have nonsensical playcalling full of panic and low probability of success.

yes, he took back the playcalling for that one play

Reaction score
Is it me, or is Middy more into football now that the Cowboys are out of the playoffs?

Football is just blah to me. Watched a few pieces of the games yesterday. I just dont care either way.

Top Bottom