Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wasn't it Cythim that said Alan Ball got that int on Sunday only because he was way out of position?

lol

It's funny because it's true.

Newman being back, if healthy, is a huge upgrade over Ball.

Reaction score
Newman wouldn't have done any better. Is Newman an upgrade to our secondary? Sure. But... uh... even an upgrade wouldn't have done any better.

It's all logical if you take two seconds to think about it.

amirite?

If you arn't a moron, you would understand that i meant Newman would be taking the playing time away from McCann and Walker mainly, meaning Ball would still be on the field, and our secondary would still be upgraded.

That's if you weren't a moron though..

Reaction score
Wasn't it Cythim that said Alan Ball got that int on Sunday only because he was way out of position?

lol

It's funny because it's true.

Newman being back, if healthy, is a huge upgrade over Ball.

Actually.. its not true. Ball was right behind the receiver, and the ball wasn't thrown high enough to get over top of him.

Reaction score
I didn't say there was anything extreme. I said its wrong.

That's your opinion.. i asked a question that no one has answered yet though. How many receptions and yards did Ball give up?

Newman in the slot did the same shit last year.. gave up a bunch of plays underneath him and gave up critical first downs too. Pretty much the same as what we saw Ball do a couple times.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Actually.. its not true. Ball was right behind the receiver, and the ball wasn't thrown high enough to get over top of him.

The way I remember it, there was like a scissor route between two WRs, Alan Ball was trailing his WR by 2 or 3 yards and the football went to the other WR, but it was thrown too far behind said WR. Alan Ball was in that area.

That's the way I remember it.

Reaction score
The way I remember it, there was like a scissor route between two WRs, Alan Ball was trailing his WR by 2 or 3 yards and the football went to the other WR, but it was thrown too far behind said WR. Alan Ball was in that area.

I think you're on the right track.. there were definitely 2 receivers in the area, and Ball was running behind his man, but he was right behind the guy, and since the throw came out on a line, instead of lofted over him with a little touch on it, he was right there to pick it. It wasn't a great throw by the QB, but Ball wasn't completely out of the play either.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think you're on the right track.. there were definitely 2 receivers in the area, and Ball was running behind his man, but he was right behind the guy, and since the throw came out on a line, instead of lofted over him with a little touch on it, he was right there to pick it. It wasn't a great throw by the QB, but Ball wasn't completely out of the play either.

And of course I can't find a clip of that play. I might be splitting hairs. When it's all said and done, he made a play. Good for him.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Ball's man was ahead of him and had Alex Smith thrown in towards the sideline, it would have been to an open receiver. Smith blew that one.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That's your opinion.. i asked a question that no one has answered yet though. How many receptions and yards did Ball give up?

Newman in the slot did the same shit last year.. gave up a bunch of plays underneath him and gave up critical first downs too. Pretty much the same as what we saw Ball do a couple times.

I'm not going to count. I think it was three first half conversions in front of Ball. Scandrick's the slot CB. And Newman's a much better player than Allan Ball. That is my opinion, but it's shared by anybody who's not just making stuff up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not going to count. I think it was three first half conversions in front of Ball. Scandrick's the slot CB. And Newman's a much better player than Allan Ball. That is my opinion, but it's shared by anybody who's not just making stuff up.

Anybody with half a brain knows Newman is a far better player than Ball. I cant believe its even being discussed here.

Plymkr

Reaction score

I don't remember Ball giving up any TD's, and I have rewatched the game but according to ESPN. Ball gave up 4 rec and 40 yrds with an INT. I am also not sure how many times he was targeted either. This is just going by the box score, so, not sure how fact it is.

I mean, that really isn't that bad, but, it was Alex Smith and co.

Reaction score
If you arn't a moron, you would understand that i meant Newman would be taking the playing time away from McCann and Walker mainly, meaning Ball would still be on the field, and our secondary would still be upgraded.

If you weren't a moron, you would understand that our secondary would be improved with Newman getting playing time over Alan Ball.

Reaction score
I don't remember Ball giving up any TD's, and I have rewatched the game but according to ESPN. Ball gave up 4 rec and 40 yrds with an INT. I am also not sure how many times he was targeted either. This is just going by the box score, so, not sure how fact it is.

I mean, that really isn't that bad, but, it was Alex Smith and co.

Thank you sir. 4 receptions for 40 yards with a pick, playing the slot for the first time in his career. Like i said.. he held his own.

Reaction score
I'm starting to think you are retarded. First, when people start with the mongoloid spelling as a retort, they just. have. nothing. Second, the original statement was that Alan Ball played a good game. That was the point of contention. People disagreed, saying he was giving up 1st down conversions at an alarming rate. You came in with he "only gave up a few short receptions." Now, you're trying to bring some other CB into the conversation to deflect.

Alan Ball is a good CB who played a good game Sunday. You go with that, Ruprecht.

For someone calling another poster out as retarded, you sure do a good job of making up statements that were never said. Such as where i supposedly said Ball is a good CB. Saying he's held his own the first two games or he played a solid game against the Niners while being forced to man the slot arn't saying he's a good CB or on the same level as Newman. Again, not suprised though.

Reaction score
If you weren't a moron, you would understand that our secondary would be improved with Newman getting playing time over Alan Ball.

Never said it wouldn't.. but he'll take more playing time of McCann.. who isn't even on the team anymore, and Walker. I bet Ball still sees the field a good amount of time.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
For someone calling another poster out as retarded, you sure do a good job of making up statements that were never said. Such as where i supposedly said Ball is a good CB. Saying he's held his own the first two games or he played a solid game against the Niners while being forced to man the slot arn't saying he's a good CB or on the same level as Newman. Again, not suprised though.
The original point was he was giving up too many 3rd down coversions. And that he did NOT have a good game. You decided to bypass that and ask the retarded question of "Well, how many receptions and yards did he give up?" When answered it didn't matter what the avg was, he was GIVING UP FIRST DOWNS, you completely blow by that and start the assinine Newman comparisons. I guess it's ok if a CB gives up 4 TDs as long as it's only for a total of 40 yards, by your standards. It was you that brought Newman into the discussion and said you doubted he could have done better even if healthy. Then when called on that, back tracked quickly. Remember this? http://www.dallascowboysuniverse.co...eeted-he-is-back&p=91543&viewfull=1#post91543 And when you answered that post, it was more spinning over Newman, completely ignoring what was said in response to what YOU had said in the previous post about back pedaling. lol

Every person to a man in this thread can see what a dipshit you are. You're a ******. Fun to poke with a stick once in awhile, but pretty much useless when it comes to intelligent football discussions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The original point was he was giving up too many 3rd down coversions. And that he did NOT have a good game. You decided to bypass that and ask the retarded question of "Well, how many receptions and yards did he give up?" When answered it didn't matter what the avg was, he was GIVING UP FIRST DOWNS, you completely blow by that and start the assinine Newman comparisons. I guess it's ok if a CB gives up 4 TDs as long as it's only for a total of 40 yards, by your standards. It was you that brought Newman into the discussion and said you doubted he could have done better even if healthy. Then when called on that, back tracked quickly. Remember this? http://www.dallascowboysuniverse.co...eeted-he-is-back&p=91543&viewfull=1#post91543 And when you answered that post, it was more spinning over Newman, completely ignoring what was said in response to what YOU had said in the previous post about back pedaling. lol

Every person to a man in this thread can see what a dipshit you are. You're a ******. Fun to poke with a stick once in awhile, but pretty much useless when it comes to intelligent football discussions.

Now you're comparing giving up 3 first downs, to giving up 4 TD's.. and im the dipshit. Ok bud. lol

He gave up 3 first downs.. i guess maybe because they were all in the same quarter you all think its worse than it actually is. How many yards and completions he gave up, along with no TD's and having a pick is what i said it was.. a solid game by a guy thrown into manning the hardest position to defend when he shouldn't even be a starter.

Reaction score
Roy... did you notice that the 49'ers weren't pushing the ball up the field?

That's why the completions he gave up were short yardage - yet long enough to surrender first downs.

The 9'ers, just like they did the week before against the Seahawks, didn't throw up field. The one time they did was that busted play where they hit the back over Bradie James.

But the fact remains, when the 9'ers needed to get a first down, Alex Smith targeted Alan Ball. And Alan Ball gave up the receptions. It happened in the same quarter because Ryan eventually adjusted to zone coverages to assist Ball.

The guy is a garbage cornerback.

Reaction score
Roy... did you notice that the 49'ers weren't pushing the ball up the field?

That's why the completions he gave up were short yardage - yet long enough to surrender first downs.

The 9'ers, just like they did the week before against the Seahawks, didn't throw up field. The one time they did was that busted play where they hit the back over Bradie James.

But the fact remains, when the 9'ers needed to get a first down, Alex Smith targeted Alan Ball. And Alan Ball gave up the receptions. It happened in the same quarter because Ryan eventually adjusted to zone coverages to assist Ball.

The guy is a garbage cornerback.

If he was a garbage CB, they would have had someone else man the slot since its the hardest position to defend. Jenkins, or Walker, or McCann.. because you know, he's fast and all.

Let me summarize again before all you imbiciles try to tell me again what you think i meant when i said certain things.

Newman.. solid corner, but not great. Gets beat alot underneath and lets up the big play once a game.

Ball.. forced into a starting role and a slot role as well when he shouldn't even be starting. He's not a good CB, but he's serviceable and performed fairly well in the two starts he made so far this year. Got beat for a couple short yardage first downs, but didn't give up any big plays and made a big play of his own that lead to a score for us.

Newman > Ball.. and Ball isn't a POS at CB. The end. Continue the bitching and moaning now.

Top Bottom