Reaction score
Walker did pretty good. Ball cannot be relied upon. Yeah, he'll make a play once in awhile, but for ever play he makes, he gives up at least three.

Again, he was playing the slot for alot of the game against the Niners, which is the hardest position to defend, and all he really gavve up were a few short passes. Nothing big, and also got a turnover that led us to an easy score. He's more than held his own against the Jets and the Niners, imo. I think alot of you just have hate for him still because of last season. He's not playing safety anymore, and i honestly don't believe a healthy Newman would have done any better against the Niners. I guess we all forgot how many receptions Newman gave up in front of him last season.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Again, he was playing the slot for alot of the game against the Niners, which is the hardest position to defend, and all he really gavve up were a few short passes.

What game were you watching? Ball was picked on again and again in the first half. He was the guy targeted on most, if not all of the 3rd down conversions we were giving up at a horrendous pace.

Yeah, he had an INT in a zone coverage. Awesome. When man up, which Remus' defense relies on a lot, Ball gets fried. A lot.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What's with so much hate on Ball after two solid performances to start the season? Damn you guys sure hold a grudge.

I actually doubt Ball will see less playing time with Newman back. He was playing the slot position against the Niners, which is the toughest to defend, so its obvious they have some confidence in him. I'd expect to see McCann and Walker take a bigger hit in playing time than Ball right now.

Ball was specifically targeted and he gave up three first-half conversions. At halftime, the team put him into more zone coverage and started giving him help, and that helped him out a lot.

theogt

Reaction score
Ball was specifically targeted and he gave up three first-half conversions. At halftime, the team put him into more zone coverage and started giving him help, and that helped him out a lot.
Wait....you mean to tell me ALAN BALL SUCKS?!?!??!?!

mind_blown.gif

Reaction score
What game were you watching? Ball was picked on again and again in the first half. He was the guy targeted on most, if not all of the 3rd down conversions we were giving up at a horrendous pace.

Yeah, he had an INT in a zone coverage. Awesome. When man up, which Remus' defense relies on a lot, Ball gets fried. A lot.

How many receptions and yards against did he give up?

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
How many receptions and yards against did he give up?

Who gives a shit? If it's 3rd and 4 and he gives up 5 yards, that's a hell of a lot worse than if it's 3rd and 20 and he gives up 19 yards. The point is, he was giving up first downs on third down.

Reaction score
Who gives a shit? If it's 3rd and 4 and he gives up 5 yards, that's a hell of a lot worse than if it's 3rd and 20 and he gives up 19 yards. The point is, he was giving up first downs on third down.

Right. Every third down for the niners, Smith was seeking out #20.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I guess the definition of excellence has fallen off lately..

He played from the jax game on with a serious injury on a bad team....lots of guys would have mailed it in...

He has been a good player here, ifyou don't think so that's fine.

All corners get beat, we are much better with him and what is coming in the two games after this week we will need Newman and scandrick just to compete...

Wit our current corners we will lose to Detroit and new England by double digits....we have not had to defend the whole field yet...those guys will make us...need Newman.

Reaction score

I give a shit.. because i said he only gave up a few receptions and all for short yardage.. so i thought he held his own, along with forcing the turnover. You had to jump in with your "Alan Balls iz garbges" bs, so i asked just how bad do you think he actually did, and you respond with "who gives a shit?".

Again, not suprised.. btw, know who gave up alot of first downs on third down last season? Bet you'll never guess..

Top Bottom