Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How are you trying to upload it? As an attachment, or as media? A little dropdown in the editor toolbar says "Media" try that. Scratch that, the media option only allows hotlinking.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Here's the exact message I keep getting:

The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It happens when I try to upload a screen shot using the “attach files” button

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll have to wait and see what the sysadmin says, I've double-checked the settings and there's nothing in them that limits image file sizes for any of us. It's set at "unlimited."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And it’s only a screen shot, so it’s not a large file size anyway

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Thanks for the white background. Much better.
The Blue theme is still available for anyone who wants it. Left-hand corner of every page is the toggle switch. Based on some reviews from several board admin sites I frequent, I decided to make the white one the public default. The one visitors see when they arrive here.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The blue looks better

But the White is soo much easier to read

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Scot

Dude, go to a computer and see if you still have issues attaching images and seeing tweets. Nobody else is reporting any such problems and there's nothing in the board settings restricting you in any way. I'm suspecting it is something with your phone's browser. And please, keep your questions and complaints about the new software out of threads, except this one?

Thanks.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m not the only one that had problems with the tweets. Someone else mentioned the same exact thing

I always use my phone to access this site. I don’t plan to change now.

So what may or may not work on a computer is of zero importance to me

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nobody's asking you to give up your phone, or make any habit changes. I'm asking you to help diagnose the problem. Test with other devices.

Nobody else had your exact complaint, which was "can't see tweets and nothing happens when I click on them."

The ONE other comment about not being able to see tweets is solved, sometimes they do not load right away and was a one-time incident. It was NOT the "exact same thing."
It is, since if you don't have these problems on other devices, it's certainly a problem with your device and not the system here.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m not the only one that had problems with the tweets. Someone else mentioned the same exact thing

I always use my phone to access this site. I don’t plan to change now.

What's with the attitude when the man is just trying to help you? Get a new phone that works Mr. Personality......

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What's with the attitude when the man is just trying to help you? Get a new phone that works Mr. Personality......
No attitude

Just facts
It is a new iphone

What worked before no longer does
My phone didn’t change
The website did

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No attitude

Just facts
It is a new iphone

What worked before no longer does
My phone didn’t change
The website did
It definitely did. It went state of the art in every way. But you also changed, no longer using an app to access but rather, a browser. That's a new thing for you here. You very seldom if ever used a browser for the previous platform. Do you have other browsers in the phone you can try? I need information before I can address the problem. You using the iPhone default browser? Or an addon one?

Info please.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I tried it using the default safari browser on the iPad and it would allow a photo/screenshot upload

But using both the Safari (default) and Mozilla (add on, and what I normally use) browsers on the iPhone still did not work with either browser

It’s still stating that the file size is too large
So I cropped the photo and now it will work

So it’s got to be something on the file size allowance with the website

Attachments

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So it’s got to be something on the file size allowance with the website
Well, it's not. 10mb is the attachment file size limit for images. That's huge even for all of today's professional HD digital cameras. I could make that a bunch bigger, up to 130mb which is the server upload limit. But I'm not.

We were on the whole twitter thing. Please experiment viewing twitter embeds in threads, using different browsers.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I've set it to automatically resize all image attachments to 800x600 regardless of original dimension. So nobody ever needs to crop anything. But there is no frikkin way you're going to get an image that is over 10mb in size, from an iphone. See if this helps though.

Top Bottom