sbk92

Reaction score
So Scottie Pippen says LeBron James might be better than Michael Jordan.

I'm not a big enough NBA fan anymore to really have a strong opinion. I throw it to those who still watch the game.

Is it a fair statement? Does Pippen really believe it? Or is he a little bitter that he's viewed as a guy who was carried to all those titles?

Cythim

Reaction score

I'm not a big enough NBA fan anymore to really have a strong opinion. I throw it to those who still watch the game.

Is it a fair statement? Does Pippen really believe it? Or is he a little bitter that he's viewed as a guy who was carried to all those titles?

Jordan was a childhood idol for me so I may have a biased view of him. Jordan dominated the league in a manner that no other play has or likely ever will again. Personally I don't think Lebron is even the best player in the league.

sbk92

Reaction score
Jordan was a childhood idol for me so I may have a biased view of him. Jordan dominated the league in a manner that no other play has or likely ever will again. Personally I don't think Lebron is even the best player in the league.

Yeah, that's a debate I'd love to read from people who follow the game. Who will have the better career - Kobe or LeBron?

If both of these players were entering the draft this year and you had the first pick and needs everywhere, which would you choose?

sbk92

Reaction score
When I heard Pippen say that I scoffed. Jordan was just ridiculously better than everyone he shared a court with.

But I haven't watched an NBA game in years. So what do I know.

Cythim

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a debate I'd love to read from people who follow the game. Who will have the better career - Kobe or LeBron?

If both of these players were entering the draft this year and you had the first pick and needs everywhere, which would you choose?

I would take Kobe based on his on-court mentality. James is part of this generation of entitlement where he expects championships to drop in his lap because of who he is. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Kobe get the "fruck you, I'll win this game myself" look that James doesn't have. James is a great player and fun to watch, I just don't think he has the mentality to win championships like Jordan or Kobe did.

Cythim

Reaction score
When I heard Pippen say that I scoffed. Jordan was just ridiculously better than everyone he shared a court with.

But I haven't watched an NBA game in years. So what do I know.

That seems to be the opinion of most everyone I've heard. I think the comparisons between Bird and Dirk are way off base as well. Why does Dirk have to get compared to a white guy? Freakin racists.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Jordan used to do things no one else could do_Or if they could,they weren't doing them.

Maybe LeBron has it in him to be better,he's certainly got talent.

But I haven't seen it so far.

sbk92

Reaction score
ESPN radio was also talking about Dirk's head coach's comment about how he is a top 10 player in the history of the league.

Nobody agreed with it, but they all said he's way underrated and will quickly rise up everybody's all time list if he can get a championship.

Reaction score
ESPN radio was also talking about Dirk's head coach's comment about how he is a top 10 player in the history of the league.

Nobody agreed with it, but they all said he's way underrated and will quickly rise up everybody's all time list if he can get a championship.

I can't swallow that pill. He is not even the best player at his position of this generation of players. He is behind Duncan & Garnett for sure.

sbk92

Reaction score
Like I said, nobody agreed with it. They wouldn't even put him in the top 10 with a ring this year. But they all felt he was an underrated player.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I can't swallow that pill. He is not even the best player at his position of this generation of players. He is behind Duncan & Garnett for sure.

I don't pay any attention to the NBA, outide of a few players that I keep up with every now and then.

I thought Duncan hit a wall last year or the year before? Did he just have a down year and bounce back?

Cythim

Reaction score
I don't pay any attention to the NBA, outide of a few players that I keep up with every now and then.

I thought Duncan hit a wall last year or the year before? Did he just have a down year and bounce back?

Duncan is getting old (35), but he is the best at his position for this generation. He plays fewer than 30 minutes a night and doesn't score or rebound like he used to. Dirk was probably the best PF in the league this season but Duncan is among the GOATs for the position.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Duncan is getting old (35), but he is the best at his position for this generation. He plays fewer than 30 minutes a night and doesn't score or rebound like he used to. Dirk was probably the best PF in the league this season but Duncan is among the GOATs for the position.

I don't know why I missed the part about top 10 in history. Got it now. He's not.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Basketball players look F'ing dumb with those leggings on. They look like they're wearing catchers gear.

(saw it in a commercial, I think it was Rose from the Bulls that was wearing that stuff).

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone could think LeBron is on Jordan's level. Or even Kobe's for that matter.

Cythim

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone could think LeBron is on Jordan's level. Or even Kobe's for that matter.

LeBron expects to win without having to work for it. He may have the talent of Jordan or Kobe but he lacks the fire and competitive spirit.

sbk92

Reaction score
Everybody seems to think LeBron is more talented than Jordan.

But I don't ever remember MJ not being the best player on his team in a playoff run. Granted he never played with a guy as good as Wade but still.

I don't think LeBron even deserves to be mentioned with Jordan.

Top Bottom