Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Woman who accused Jameis Winston of rape files suit - CNN.com

(CNN)Erica Kinsman, a former Florida State University student who has accused star football player Jameis Winston of rape, has filed a lawsuit against the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback, her lawyer said Thursday.

Kinsman has said Winston raped her in December 2012. A prosecutor decided against bringing criminal charges in the case.

In the lawsuit filed Thursday, Kinsman alleges sexual battery, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

CNN has attempted to contact Winston's attorney for comment but has not received a reply yet.

Winston has said the sex was consensual.

CNN doesn't normally identify the alleged victims of sexual assault; however, Kinsman revealed her name this year in a documentary about rapes on college campuses.

FSU hearing clears Winston

Winston led the Florida State Seminoles to a national championship for the 2013 season. That year he won the Heisman Trophy, given to the most outstanding collegiate football player. He is expected to be a top pick in the NFL draft that begins April 30.

"As for timing, we didn't want to wait until the eve of the (NFL) draft or after he signed (an NFL) contract," attorney John Clune said. "As soon as we finished the various motions briefing on the FSU case, we turned our attention to Jameis and got it filed."
More at link.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Her timing make me think she's a bit of an opportunist. Like, last week she was like "pay or else!!" and now 2 weeks before the draft is the "or else"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Her timing make me think she's a bit of an opportunist. Like, last week she was like "pay or else!!" and now 2 weeks before the draft is the "or else"
If 13 days isn't "the eve of the draft" I don't know what is. The day before?

Top Bottom