Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's just a Sophomore at Michigan... Ran 4.46 in the 40 at the combine.

myimagehost

Source below makes it sound like he'll fit right into the New Legion of Boobs.

Weaknesses:

Scouts question his instincts and lack of ball production. Has just one interception and 10 passes defensed at Michigan. Slow to recognize construct of play and can be found playing through a straw at times. Needs better recognition and anticipation to become an improvising play-maker. Doesn't always trust his feet in coverage and will maul at the top of the route. Just a guy when asked to play deep safety. Slow to read and range until ball is in the air. Can be overzealous against play-action and drawn below his deep ball responsibilities. Too small for take-on duties at linebacker. Leads into tackles with ducked head. Opts to hit rather than wrap-up.

Just what we need, another JAG who apparently can't fucking play?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ya i don't know about peppers. you either love him or hate him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So 2 safeties that are unaware. Nice.

At one point I was intrigued by the guy, but he seems to be more of a jack of all trades, master of none.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not up on this latest bit of "Look-at-me-I-can-talk-like-a-real-scout" lingo. What does this mean?

Not my term... Had to look it up. Best I can conclude is it's the same as "tunnel vision" and if it is I have no idea why they don't just say so. It sounds like Garrettspeak.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just can't get behind defenders with no instincts that just run around the field. Think Byron Jones, Bruce Carter et al

Reaction score
I just can't get behind defenders with no instincts that just run around the field. Think Byron Jones, Bruce Carter et al

And Wilcox. He was practically feral.

But the issue was everyone was able to get behind them...and all that that means.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
If Zach Cunningham is still on the board and we take this fool I will lose my shit. Kipper is an idiot though and his mock drafts are always WAY off. He has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

Reaction score
My concern with Hooker is he is very raw and I don't know if I trust our coaching staff - specifically in the secondary - to develop anyone.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hooker will be LONG GONE before we pick. If it went the way Mel has it, then Marlon Humphrey or Taco are better picks

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
My concern with Hooker is he is very raw and I don't know if I trust our coaching staff - specifically in the secondary - to develop anyone.

I though Greg Jackson did a good job considering the talent he had to work with.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's gonna be a issue with Peppers as well. Maybe even moreso.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Jerome Henderson aint here no more. Wilcox was better last year and Heath was obviously improved.

Greg Jackson was a good add to the staff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure what I think about Peppers. Was it the Ohio State game where he got matched up 1 on 1 downfield a couple times and got really smoked? If you look at his pass defense numbers (PD's and Ints) there isnt much there.

Have seen a couple different people in the draftnik area say his best position might be RB. I think Gil Brandt was one of the first.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
We are selecting a tight end at that pick, how could anyone disagree. Just call it an early 2nd rounder.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not sure what I think about Peppers. Was it the Ohio State game where he got matched up 1 on 1 downfield a couple times and got really smoked? If you look at his pass defense numbers (PD's and Ints) there isnt much there.

Have seen a couple different people in the draftnik area say his best position might be RB. I think Gil Brandt was one of the first.

That's exactly what I heard too (from Gil Brandt) that teams were looking at him as a possible running back. From everything I've heard he's more hype than substance. More of a tweener.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's exactly what I heard too (from Gil Brandt) that teams were looking at him as a possible running back. From everything I've heard he's more hype than substance. More of a tweener.

I think he's a good player, I just don't know for a defense that needs walk in starters (plural) that you can use one of those early picks on him when it seems debatable which side of the ball he belongs on. He's tremendous with the ball in his hands though.

Top Bottom