BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
My point was that one has a ring and one doesn't. I get it, you need to have a QB but you also need to have a HC. He ran an offense with Jeff Blake and Arron Brooks in NO. He had to deal with the Brett Favre vs Aaron Rodgers fiasco and even Favre speaks highly of him to this day even though McCarthy supported Rodgers.

Rodgers is a talent. No doubt about it. But McCarthy is a good coach who earned his stripes. I also think Payton is a good coach even though he has Brees and they only won 1 SB.

I like this pick and I'm not going to let you shit all over my parade.:fu:

i wouldn’t try and shit on anyone’s parade. i wouldn’t do that. a parade is a festive event. who wants to see someone squat down and take a big shit on that ?

I was just saying zimmer and MM is the same roll of the dice....

I will say this. he has 2 years. maybe 3. to get us there.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

A lot depends on who the QB is. As you may have guessed, I'm not sold on Prescott so how can I expect this HC to win it all with him? What I do expect is to give this team a chance to succeed, to understand game and clock management and to utilize the talent effectively. I also expect this HC to be part of the process in evaluating Dak. If he gives his seal of approval to Dak and we sign him to a long term deal, then I will expect results. But if we move on from Prescott, McCarthy has to then develop another QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is based no doubt, on your belief we have a "great roster" and are a "super talented team." As some other idiots are saying. As Jerruh believes. We don't and aren't. We lack DEPTH in all of the key positions. Our starters for the most part, really aren't all that great. We need a roster overhaul, actually.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Number 2 has already been well debunked. You could make that same simplistic infantile argument about just about any SB winning HC.
Nope not by a long shot. Staubach and Landry elevated each other and those around them. As did Jimmy and Troy. I am quite sure that Rodgers could have won a SB without McCarthy. I don't think McCarthy wins a SB without an elite QB and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nope not by a long shot.

I guess you didn't read what I said. Please do so. Note I didn't use the term "all." I said "just about any."

And I guess you didn't backread. MM developed AR. It's well documented and even being talked about on Cowherd, NFL Live, and Sportscenter. AR also reaped the benefits of three years bench time behind Favre. This moronic belief that Rodgers is why GB won the SB that year discounts that fact, and the fact of the great GB defense that year. The facts trump the hero worship beliefs, every time.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Everybody forgets how silly Rodgers looked his first year as starter, going 6-10. And how silly WE made him look in our first meeting that year. He was developed. McCarthy developed him. McCarthy developed that team.

If he was so fucking great that he could win a SB by himself, he would have kept winning them. Backup QB Flynn could have quarterbacked that GB team to the SB win, with those weapons and that defense.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
This is based no doubt, on your belief we have a "great roster" and are a "super talented team." As some other idiots are saying. As Jerruh believes. We don't and aren't. We lack DEPTH in all of the key positions. Our starters for the most part, really aren't all that great. We need a roster overhaul, actually.

we paid a RB 90million.
we have 3 pro bowl lineman.
draft picks 1s and 2s all over the place on both sides of the ball.

if MM can’t win with this roster , or any other coach for that matter , then we never will win

christ ole mighty. The freaking eagles had boston scott, dallas goerbels, and zero wide receivers. 4th stringers in the secondary and they won the division!!

what are you all smoking ??? more talent ????? what are u looking at ???

exactly how do we get more “talented” ????

that’s funny.... that’s good.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
we paid a RB 90million.
we have 3 pro bowl lineman.
draft picks 1s and 2s all over the place on both sides of the ball.

if MM can’t win with this roster , or any other coach for that matter , then we never will win

christ ole mighty. The freaking eagles had boston scott, dallas goerbels, and zero wide receivers. 4th stringers in the secondary and they won the division!!

what are you all smoking ??? more talent ????? what are u looking at ???

exactly how do we get more “talented” ????

that’s funny.... that’s good.
Money spent does not equal talent. Where we draft people does not equal talent.

And perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem, because apparently you didn't understand what I wrote. Either that or you're making up your own version of what I wrote and replying to your made up version.

Garrett didn't win with this roster.

McCarthy won't either, because he won't have this roster. It's getting upgraded in the offseason.
we paid a RB 90million.
Actually, no. We did not. "90million" doesn't mean 90 million any more than fat contract=talent.

We paid him 2.25 million this year. He's scheduled for 10.9 million next year. His guaranteed money is only 27.5 million on this deal. Cap value for the whole deal is actually 102.9 million. That won't happen.

Talent? He's a lugger at best. Is he nifty like Emmitt? No. Is he slick and fast like Dorsett? No. Who's he gonna outrun out there? Nobody. Here's his contract details.

zekedeal.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i wouldn’t try and shit on anyone’s parade. i wouldn’t do that. a parade is a festive event. who wants to see someone squat down and take a big shit on that ?

I was just saying zimmer and MM is the same roll of the dice....

You are out of your mind. One coach has been to multiple conference championships and won a Super Bowl. The other has two career playoff wins and one of those was a gigantic fluke.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rodgers was going to be Aaron Rodgers with it or without MM.

You don't know this, plenty of QB's who were thought of as cant miss guys go to the wrong place or the wrong system and either never develop or don't pan out until they move on. If Rodgers would have ended up with the Cleveland Browns or Oakland Raiders he very well might have sucked ass.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
You don't know this, plenty of QB's who were thought of as cant miss guys go to the wrong place or the wrong system and either never develop or don't pan out until they move on. If Rodgers would have ended up with the Cleveland Browns or Oakland Raiders he very well might have sucked ass.

doubt it. Aaron was money from day one. and the entire league knew it very quickly... He pushed Brett Favre out of there!

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
You are out of your mind. One coach has been to multiple conference championships and won a Super Bowl. The other has two career playoff wins and one of those was a gigantic fluke.

Zimmer is a good coach who just hasnt struck gold yet. just like Belicheck was a good coach before Tom Brady. i’m sorry if you all can’t see that. MM is a good coach who got lucky with Rodgers. both zimmer and rodgers have a game this weekend. MM doesn’t

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Zimmer is a good coach who just hasnt struck gold yet. just like Belicheck was a good coach before Tom Brady. i’m sorry if you all can’t see that. MM is a good coach who got lucky with Rodgers. both zimmer and rodgers have a game this weekend. MM doesn’t

garret was a bad coach. and it cost Romo a SB

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
Report: If not “overwhelmed” by other candidates, Cowboys were keeping Jason Garrett

gettyimages-1194185225-e1578483279569.jpg

Getty Images

Sometimes, a spitball lands in reasonable proximity to the bull’s eye.

On Tuesday, we suggested that the screwball timeline of the Dallas Cowboys’ hiring and firing practices could have been the result of a fairly simple strategy: “Maybe the explanation is hiding in plain sight. Maybe Garrett, who reportedly wanted desperately to remain the Cowboys coach, persuaded Jones to see if he could find a better option before officially parting ways with Garrett. Maybe Jones agreed to give it a try.”

A story from Todd Archer of ESPN.com regarding the events that culminated in the seven-day delay firing of Garrett and immediate hiring of Mike McCarthy contains this nugget from an unnamed “high-ranking” team source: “[H]ad the Cowboys not been overwhelmed by McCarthy or any other candidates, there was a chance Garrett could have returned as coach.”

This sort of conflicts from the January 2 ESPN report that the Cowboys had decided to move on from Garrett; if it’s true that there was a chance Garrett could stay if the Cowboys weren’t blown away by other candidates, they didn’t decide to move on from Garrett until they decided to move in with McCarthy.

Archer’s story also conflicts (without saying so) with Adam Schefter’s report that McCarthy and Jerry Jones hit it off so well that McCarthy stayed at Jones’ house on Saturday night, conjuring images of a Johnny Walker Blue sleepover followed by pancakes and eggs in the morning. Archer writes this, without mentioning the necessarily refuted Schefterism: “McCarthy spent the night at Frisco’s Omni Hotel, which is connected to Ford Center at The Star; not at Jerry Jones’ Highland Park home.”

There’s one final bit of news from Archer that we’ll weave together with a little something of which we caught wind on Tuesday. Per Archer, Jerry and Stephen Jones became convinced that McCarthy was the guy on Sunday, January 5, which caused them to set in motion the firing of Garrett and the hiring of McCarthy.

Given that the firing of Garrett came just before halftime of the Seahawks-Eagles wild-card playoff game — and, thus, after the conclusion of Vikings-Saints — it’s possible that the final domino for the Joneses fell when Minnesota extended its season by at least six days. A source with knowledge of the dynamics told PFT on Tuesday that Jerry Jones had planned to pursue Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, as some had speculated.

With the Vikings winning and McCarthy drawing interest elsewhere, the Cowboys apparently decided not to risk losing McCarthy by waiting for a chance to choose between a pair of Mikes from the NFC North.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Report: If not “overwhelmed” by other candidates, Cowboys were keeping Jason Garrett

gettyimages-1194185225-e1578483279569.jpg

Getty Images

Sometimes, a spitball lands in reasonable proximity to the bull’s eye.

On Tuesday, we suggested that the screwball timeline of the Dallas Cowboys’ hiring and firing practices could have been the result of a fairly simple strategy: “Maybe the explanation is hiding in plain sight. Maybe Garrett, who reportedly wanted desperately to remain the Cowboys coach, persuaded Jones to see if he could find a better option before officially parting ways with Garrett. Maybe Jones agreed to give it a try.”

A story from Todd Archer of ESPN.com regarding the events that culminated in the seven-day delay firing of Garrett and immediate hiring of Mike McCarthy contains this nugget from an unnamed “high-ranking” team source: “[H]ad the Cowboys not been overwhelmed by McCarthy or any other candidates, there was a chance Garrett could have returned as coach.”

This sort of conflicts from the January 2 ESPN report that the Cowboys had decided to move on from Garrett; if it’s true that there was a chance Garrett could stay if the Cowboys weren’t blown away by other candidates, they didn’t decide to move on from Garrett until they decided to move in with McCarthy.

Archer’s story also conflicts (without saying so) with Adam Schefter’s report that McCarthy and Jerry Jones hit it off so well that McCarthy stayed at Jones’ house on Saturday night, conjuring images of a Johnny Walker Blue sleepover followed by pancakes and eggs in the morning. Archer writes this, without mentioning the necessarily refuted Schefterism: “McCarthy spent the night at Frisco’s Omni Hotel, which is connected to Ford Center at The Star; not at Jerry Jones’ Highland Park home.”

There’s one final bit of news from Archer that we’ll weave together with a little something of which we caught wind on Tuesday. Per Archer, Jerry and Stephen Jones became convinced that McCarthy was the guy on Sunday, January 5, which caused them to set in motion the firing of Garrett and the hiring of McCarthy.

Given that the firing of Garrett came just before halftime of the Seahawks-Eagles wild-card playoff game — and, thus, after the conclusion of Vikings-Saints — it’s possible that the final domino for the Joneses fell when Minnesota extended its season by at least six days. A source with knowledge of the dynamics told PFT on Tuesday that Jerry Jones had planned to pursue Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, as some had speculated.

With the Vikings winning and McCarthy drawing interest elsewhere, the Cowboys apparently decided not to risk losing McCarthy by waiting for a chance to choose between a pair of Mikes from the NFC North.

zimmer goes on to win the SB this year ? I’ve always like Zimmer. he has the defense up there playing light out.

zimmer wins a SB and MM beat him in the NFCCG the following year. I’m calling it right now.

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
zimmer goes on to win the SB this year ? I’ve always like Zimmer. he has the defense up there playing light out.

zimmer wins a SB and MM beat him in the NFCCG the following year. I’m calling it right now.
You seem like a re-tard. Or an 8 year old. Just an observation.

Top Bottom