BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
zimmer. mccarthy. same thing. i actually like the mccarthy pick a little better. dude should pretty motivated to beat Aaron rodgers and the packers.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
zimmer. mccarthy. same thing. i actually like the mccarthy pick a little better. dude should pretty motivated to beat Aaron rodgers and the packers.

Zimmer and McCarthy are the same thing ehh...? This is Dallas Cowboys fan logic. That's why fans can say (and believe) that Garrett is Landry, Johnson, BB, etc. It's not the same thing. One guy has a ring, the other doesn't. It's like saying Afghanistan is the same as Montana because they both have mountains.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Zimmer and McCarthy are the same thing ehh...? This is Dallas Cowboys fan logic. That's why fans can say (and believe) that Garrett is Landry, Johnson, BB, etc. It's not the same thing. One guy has a ring, the other doesn't. It's like saying Afghanistan is the same as Montana because they both have mountains.

F64557B4-6832-4632-9344-49D8CEB26526.png

1. that’s quite a leap in comparisons Dodger

2. you could make the argument that the only reason McCarthy won anything is aaron rodgers. one fact the guy was run off in GB. think about that. The GB packers sent him packing and said bad things about him! I would think he really had to try to get the GB fans to run on him. that’s a little odd.

3. i don’t think you could find one fan that ever said Garret is landry.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
zimmer. mccarthy. same thing.
I don't think you actually understand the term "retread" as we use it here. Retread here means, former Dallas assistant or HC, being brought back. McCarthy is an outsider. Not a retread.

Zimmer has NO skins on the wall, McCarthy does. Additionally.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
At the time of my post you quoted, the answer was No. Gee, now he's finally won ONE. Woohoo!

sorry Dooms but not true, the Vikings beat the Saints in that crazy finish to go to the championship game in Philly in 2017

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
At the time of my post you quoted, the answer was No. Gee, now he's finally won ONE. Woohoo!

they looked good Dooms. went into the superdome and told Drew Brees and Sean payton to kiss their ass ... that was a pretty good saints team ...

i wouldn’t be surprised if they end up in NFCCG and maybe the super bowl.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
that was a pretty good saints team ...
Pretty good Saints team that was the walking wounded. Hell, WE beat them in the superdome the year they won the SB. Didn't mean Ginger was any better of a coach.

What's any of this got to do with Zimmer as a Dallas HC candidate? C'mon now.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Pretty good Saints team that was the walking wounded. Hell, WE beat them in the superdome the year they won the SB. Didn't mean Ginger was any better of a coach.

What's any of this got to do with Zimmer as a Dallas HC candidate? C'mon now.

i don’t know, you’re the one who brought up playoffs ....

Zimmer is a good coach. just as good and McCarthy. i wouldn’t be surprised to see the vikings win it all this year.

but my point was they are pretty much the same thing. yes, mccarthy has a SB but that was all Rodgers. hell Rodgers is making that first year HC look great now too ...

I wanted a big big change. this seems to the safe move.

we shall see. Mccarthy needs to have this team pushing or in the super bowl in 2 years ...or he should be gone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Rodgers was Rodgers because of Fat Mike's development of him. That's well documented and is being brought up on NFL Live right now. So it wasn't "all Rodgers" anyway, and let's not forget that dominant defense they had that year too.

Nobody said Zimmer isn't a good coach. RETREAD was the meter. Keep the goal posts where they were.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Rodgers was Rodgers because of Fat Mike's development of him. That's well documented and is being brought up on NFL Live right now. So it wasn't "all Rodgers" anyway, and let's not forget that dominant defense they had that year too.

Nobody said Zimmer isn't a good coach. RETREAD was the meter. Keep the goal posts where they were.

Rodgers was going to be Aaron Rodgers with it or without MM.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Rodgers was going to be Aaron Rodgers with it or without MM.
Nobody can know that. They can assume. I don't. Great coaching magnifies raw talent. Bad coaching can nullify it. Let's also not forget Rodgers understudied for 3 years with Favre.
I wanted a big big change. this seems to the safe move.
Surely you don't think Zimmer would be a big change. 7 years in our culture would have made him the most safe and comfortable pick Jerruh could do. Bringing in an outsider is a big change. Especially if you're letting him handpick key staff, and even have a say in picking the groceries come draft time.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
View attachment 5690

2. you could make the argument that the only reason McCarthy won anything is aaron rodgers. one fact the guy was run off in GB. think about that. The GB packers sent him packing and said bad things about him! I would think he really had to try to get the GB fans to run on him. that’s a little odd.

3. i don’t think you could find one fan that ever said Garret is landry.
Number 2 is exactly my argument on McCarthy, and last I checked Rodgers is still in GB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Number 2 is exactly my argument on McCarthy, and last I checked Rodgers is still in GB.
Number 2 has already been well debunked. You could make that same simplistic infantile argument about just about any SB winning HC.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

My point was that one has a ring and one doesn't. I get it, you need to have a QB but you also need to have a HC. He ran an offense with Jeff Blake and Arron Brooks in NO. He had to deal with the Brett Favre vs Aaron Rodgers fiasco and even Favre speaks highly of him to this day even though McCarthy supported Rodgers.

Rodgers is a talent. No doubt about it. But McCarthy is a good coach who earned his stripes. I also think Payton is a good coach even though he has Brees and they only won 1 SB.

I like this pick and I'm not going to let you shit all over my parade.:fu:

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Surely you don't think Zimmer would be a big change. 7 years in our culture would have made him the most safe and comfortable pick Jerruh could do. Bringing in an outsider is a big change. Especially if you're letting him handpick key staff, and even have a say in picking the groceries come draft time.

This......the safe pick would have been Zimmer. Jerry's going outside his comfort zone. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure Jerry discussed the GM details and Jerry's ownership style. But McCarthy is going to run the field.

Top Bottom