superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not just hating when I say that I really think in 5 years, the Redskins will look back on the RG3 trade with regret.

A lot of excitement and promise his rookie year, but it won't be sustained and I don't think he's going to have a very long career. Basically, I say he'll be lucky to have been as successful as Michael Vick was in the NFL when its all said and done.

I agree. He doesn't play smart and doesn't protect his body - for example early in the game he rushed for a first down and could have just stepped out - he stayed in and took a pretty big hit from two defenders. But every running QB has to face that at some point - how do they make the transition once they aren't a threat to run and their passing windows across the middle of the field get smaller. Not a single one in history has successfully made the transition. idk why anyone thinks Griffin and co will be any different.

Reaction score
You should absolutely be laughing. You need him to be injured.

Nope...

I won't have to hope, wish or need him to be injured with the skin's current staff.

That staff will take care of that.

That offense is hard to stop but your QB will pay a price.

Better hope he isn't about to have his second major knee surgery...........

Reaction score
I think his whole "if my first read isnt open I'm going to panic and drift backwards instead of look for a 2nd read" thing is totally going to work out

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think his whole "if my first read isnt open I'm going to panic and drift backwards instead of look for a 2nd read" thing is totally going to work out

michael_vick2011-smile-med-wide.jpg

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score

He's a rookie that never played in something that even resembles a pro offense until this year. If he can play again what about his personality and work ethic suggests to you that this isn't something he can achieve with experience? Reading defenses is something that QBs have to learn with game experience but keep your fingers crossed that he can't. I've seen more than enough plays this year that suggest he is more than capable.

Reaction score
I've seen more than enough this year to suggest he'll be missing multiple games each season.

You don't build your franchise around and injury prone running QB.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've seen more than enough this year to suggest he'll be missing multiple games each season.

You don't build your franchise around and injury prone running QB.

Why is he deemed a running QB from now until the end of his career? Like I said things like reading defenses and pocket presence come with work and experience. What suggests he can't do it?

Reaction score
Why is he deemed a running QB from now until the end of his career? Like I said things like reading defenses and pocket presence come with work and experience. What suggests he can't do it?

Oh. So he has to learn how to read defenses as well as change his style of play. Okay.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Oh. So he has to learn how to read defenses as well as change his style of play. Okay.

Why is that so astonishing given the system he played in at Baylor and the fact that he only has one season under his belt, and please don't give me media hype puppets and idiots on ES as an example I could care less what any of them think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah was about to mention that. Alot of speculation ranging from they still dont know to he might be out all of 2013 season.

Top Bottom