Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not:

"Let's win more games and get some rings."

CeeDee Lamb yesterday on Parsons' podcast. Says in one concise sentence exactly what's wrong in Dallas. Winning rings isn't the goal. Making millions and getting TDs is.

Discuss.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Absolutely true which is why I said in a previous post I'd be weary of giving him big money. Lamb is not Irvin, regardless of what the stats say. And I can add Parsons to the conversation. These guys are just clowns in the circus promoting themselves on the biggest NFL stage (Dallas). All the talk about SB's and rings is just mimicking Jerry. It's all BS. Part of me wants these turds to go to real football towns and have to dedicate themselves to football. It'd be a huge wake up call.

But I'll also add that it's not all their fault. Jerry promtes this shit.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone is comfortable in Dallas. Even Will McClay. He'll get paid and people will blame Jerry and his spawn when shit fails.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure Jerry and Spawn's track record is far worse than McClay's

And what's McClay's track record? What pick has he made, promoted and/or jumped on the table for? He's just a feel good name in Dallas giving us the illusion that we have a pseudo GM. McClay was offered interviews with other organizations and turned them down. And why not? He's comfortable in Dallas.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against putting them in a package deal to trade way up so we can get a QB. Not pay either of them OR Dak. Blow this whole fucker up and start over.

Absolutely. No one should be off the table. Lamb and/or Parsons won't get us to the promised land. And teams have figured Parsons out and he disappeared the second half of the season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And what's McClay's track record? What pick has he made, promoted and/or jumped on the table for? He's just a feel good name in Dallas giving us the illusion that we have a pseudo GM. McClay was offered interviews with other organizations and turned them down. And why not? He's comfortable in Dallas.
He pretty much runs the draft, most of the talent on the roster here now he picked, or recommended they pick.

He's also stated publicly a few times his decision to remain in Dallas has more to do with his family (specifically his son, who is in HS there).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely. No one should be off the table. Lamb and/or Parsons won't get us to the promised land. And teams have figured Parsons out and he disappeared the second half of the season.
Personally I wouldn't trade Lamb but if a mega deal was offered for 11 I'd have to strongly consider it.

I wouldn't trade either of them just for the sake of trading them though. It'd have to be REALLY good for us in terms of the return. Players as good as Lamb and Parsons do not grow on trees.

Lastly, their inability to get us to the promised land has little to do with either of them. It has a lot mroe to do with the circus culture the Jones' have installed there, along with never having a strong coaching staff.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He pretty much runs the draft, most of the talent on the roster here now he picked, or recommended they pick.

He's also stated publicly a few times his decision to remain in Dallas has more to do with his family (specifically his son, who is in HS there).

If I wanted to hear the company line, I would have gone elsewhere. I asked a simple question in how you can or have evaluated McClay.

He's just as much a fraud as the next clown in this circus. And if he didn't want to move, then he chose the wrong business. He's comfortable in Dallas just like the rest.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If I wanted to hear the company line, I would have gone elsewhere. I asked a simple question in how you can or have evaluated McClay.

He's just as much a fraud as the next clown in this circus. And if he didn't want to move, then he chose the wrong business. He's comfortable in Dallas just like the rest.
Sorry amigo, we dont agree on this.

If he was trash then other teams wouldnt keep calling to try and hire him elsewhere. He's pretty well regarded around the league it would seem.

As far as how you evaluate him, all we know for sure that he does is scout and rate players, and put together the Cowboy draft boards. And we have a fairly talented roster, mostly because of players he has drafted. It sure isnt because Jerry and Spawn go out and sign the best of the best free agents from outside the building.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against putting them in a package deal to trade way up so we can get a QB. Not pay either of them OR Dak. Blow this whole fucker up and start over.
You're going to have to blow the entire NFL up and start over. The NFL as we remember it is no more. Finding players interested in winning more games and getting more rings is only going to get harder, as long as these guys keep being rewarded for never winning games that matter.

The least you can say for Dak is, he's a nice guy and holds himself better than most. Never the less, he was rewarded and is looking to be rewarded again, despite not advancing much beyond the regular season. It's stupid.

Jerry Jones isn't the only clown in the NFL, the entire league is entertainment oriented to appeal to wider demographics, watering down the game and highlighting personalities and story-lines. This doesn't even touch the incessant advertising that has zero to do with a football fan-base. Roger is a clown and so are most of the players.

Did anyone on this forum watch the Super Bowl?

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can stand that circus anymore. I don't remember the last one I'd watched (Patriots-Falcons?) As much as I want the Cowboys to win, watching 60 minutes of football stuffed into 3+ hours of pop-culture clown acts, doesn't appeal to me. The most watched Super Bowl in history was likely watched by non-football fans.

The game is watered down to appeal to numbers and dollars.'More millions and more touchdowns'.

Top Bottom