Reaction score
League says supplemental draft will occur on August 17

League says supplemental draft will occur on August 17
Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT

The NFL has yet to publicly declare that a supplemental draft will be held in 2011. Chris Mortensen reports that the league office has informed teams that a supplemental draft will be conducted on August 17.

Per Mort, the NFL has yet to declare any players eligible for the supplemental draft.

That said, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello previously has suggested that there will be a supplemental draft only if there are one or more players eligible for the supplemental draft. Ergo facto (or something), the scheduling of a supplemental draft means that one or more players will be declared eligible for it.

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor thinks it will be him. “Supplemental Draft August 17th!!” Pryor tweeted, breaking out not one but two exclamation points.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd like to see us take a chance on Michael McAdoo. If he is the player I think he can be, we could let Spencer walk next year.

p1.mike-mcadoo.getty.jpg

6'7" 245 lbs and athletic as hell. A raw version of Julius Peppers.

Reaction score
I'd like to see us take a chance on Michael McAdoo. If he is the player I think he can be, we could let Spencer walk next year.

p1.mike-mcadoo.getty.jpg

I'd use a 7th on him.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I'd use a 7th on him.

Same. I like what we have in V. Butler and B. Williams as backups. McAdoo coming in late will have to give one of them a run for it to make the roster.

Probably would go as high as a 6th but thats if I felt he could make my roster this year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

p1.mike-mcadoo.getty.jpg

His favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. He wears #94 because it's the reverse of Peppers' #49.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Same. I like what we have in V. Butler and B. Williams as backups. McAdoo coming in late will have to give one of them a run for it to make the roster.

Probably would go as high as a 6th but thats if I felt he could make my roster this year.

With the new CBA aren't the rosters expanded by a few slots?

Mr.Po

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6847971/sources-dallas-cowboys-plan-attend-terrelle-pryor-pro-day

Sources: Dallas to see Terrelle Pryor

SAN ANTONIO -- The Dallas Cowboys have plans to attend the pro day of former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor on Friday if he's ruled eligible for the NFL's supplemental draft, according to multiple sources.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus, however, said Tuesday afternoon on Twitter that no decision had yet been made concerning Pryor's eligibility.

"We spoke with the NFL today and were told that no decision has been made yet regarding Terrelle's eligibility for the supplemental draft," Rosenhaus tweeted.

There is no guarantee the Cowboys would draft Pryor if he's available because they have the ninth pick of the supplemental draft, which is set for Aug. 17. The pro day will be held in the Pittsburgh area, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Officials from the Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins also will be in attendance, according to the (Cleveland) Plain Dealer and Washington Examiner, respectively.

Last year, the Cowboys drafted nose tackle Josh Brent with the 30th pick in the supplemental draft. He remains on the roster.

The Cowboys currently have Jon Kitna, Stephen McGee and Tom Brandstater backing up starter Tony Romo. Looking at Pryor is more about the team doing its due diligence, much like it did during the NFL draft.

The team spoke with former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton at the scouting combine but didn't have a chance to select him because he was the first pick of the draft by Carolina. Dallas drafted tackle Tyron Smith with the ninth pick.

Pryor's eligibility is in question because of problems he had at Ohio State.

He was suspended by the school and the NCAA for the first five games of what would have been his senior season for accepting improper benefits, such as cash and discounted tattoos. The scandal led to coach Jim Tressel's resignation. Tressel said he knew of his players taking improper benefits but covered it up for more than nine months before school officials uncovered it.

Pryor left Ohio State as the school's all-time leading rusher among quarterbacks, with 2,164 yards.

Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have no problem with them attending the workout, checking him out, but God help me if they draft him.

Top Bottom