sbk92

Reaction score
It gets no more retarded in thinking Parcells is the G.O.A.T, or that Desean Jackson is the best WR in the divison, but the worse is preferring the best punter over the best CB.

Parcells will go into the hall of fame the second he's eligible. Jackson was just recently voted the best in the division by NFL writers.

Neither is ridiculous. Unless you're a black ******.

The punter thing is just pure genius at work. I absolutely do not back off that statement. Give me the elite punter. I'll find a couple of whogivesashats to run around and reap the benefits of the players around them. The punter will singlehandedly win me field position. Instant impact. No help needed.

But most people with an understanding of football would list McDaniel as one of the best guards to have played the game.

That's not what you said, dawg.

You stated you could make a case he was better than Larry Allen.

No. you can't make that case. Unless you're a Cowboys hater or a complete idiot. He was, is and always will be Allen's inferior.

sbk92

Reaction score
I wouldn't. Sanders was all flash and no substance. When they take you out of goal line situations, you cannot be considered the best.

That's right.

Barry Sanders. 3rd leading rusher of all time.

Flash. No substance.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wouldnt...no comparison on overall level of play IMO...yeah Sanders had lots if highlight runs, but he also constrantly led the league in runs for losses, was taken out on GL situations because he was poor at it, had no heart at all, wasnt much of a receiver and was only a marginal blocker...Emmitt was the total package

Just to piggy-back further off of this, Sanders was in the perfect offense for a draw style runner. The Lions ran a Run-n-Shoot and spread offense for most of his career; so Sanders had the fortune of running against a (nickel and dime packages) 4-1, or 4-2.. he never saw a 3 LB set, except on goal line situations... but wait! He didn't see them there either, because he was taken out of those situations.

Casual fans and amatuers love him because he was fun to watch. When an intelligent discussion starts all they can do is make excuses for his shortcomings. (PS OJ's team in Buffalo was way worse than Detroit, but you never heard his fans crying).

Barry had alot of big runs which skewed his stats. He'd have runs of 2 yards, followed by 3 yards, then -4 yards, and then break one off for 40 yards.

Barry was good during the regular season, but MIA during the playoffs. Who can forget the game agaisnt the Packers where he had 13 rushes for -1 yards? Emmitt performed in the regular season AND in the playoffs.

sbk92

Reaction score
Just to piggy-back further off of this, Sanders was in the perfect offense for a draw style runner. The Lions ran a Run-n-Shoot and spread offense for most of his career; so Sanders had the fortune of running against a (nickel and dime packages) 4-1, or 4-2.. he never saw a 3 LB set, except on goal line situations... but wait! He didn't see them there either, because he was taken out of those situations.

Casual fans and amatuers love him because he was fun to watch. When an intelligent discussion starts all they can do is make excuses for his shortcomings. (PS OJ's team in Buffalo was way worse than Detroit, but you never heard his fans crying).

Barry had alot of big runs which skewed his stats. He'd have runs of 2 yards, followed by 3 yards, then -4 yards, and then break one off for 40 yards.

Barry was good during the regular season, but MIA during the playoffs. Who can forget the game agaisnt the Packers where he had 13 rushes for -1 yards? Emmitt performed in the regular season AND in the playoffs.

Casual fans and amateurs? lol

Dude, you're like one of the dumbest football fans I've ever come across. WTF are you talking about?

That's right. Barry Sanders never ran against 3 LB sets. In his entire career.

You should have been aborted.

sbk92

Reaction score
Just remember this one fact you can't get around.

If Sanders cared two shats about the rushing record, he'd have it right now.

Tut tut! It's true. No matter who I believe is the better back.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Parcells will go into the hall of fame the second he's eligible. Jackson was just recently voted the best in the division by NFL writers.

Neither is ridiculous. Unless you're a black ******.

The punter thing is just pure genius at work. I absolutely do not back off that statement. Give me the elite punter. I'll find a couple of whogivesashats to run around and reap the benefits of the players around them. The punter will singlehandedly win me field position. Instant impact. No help needed.

Just because he will go in as a first ballot does not make him the GOAT. For all your ballwashing, knob-slobbing, and sucking-nibbling on his man-tits, HE WILL NOT GIVE YOU A BIT OF THANKS. And a guy that cannot run the full WR rout tree is not the best. I don't need sportswriters to form my opinion, which you are doing in this case, but since you going to tout sportswriters opinions, I doubt that any one of those sportswriters would take the best punter over the best CB.

To do so would be ridiculous or to be a white inbred window licker---pardon for the redunancy.

To claim that Jackson is the best WR in the division is ridculous or is a serious Cowboys and Giant hater.

That's not what you said, dawg.

You stated you could make a case he was better than Larry Allen.

No. you can't make that case. Unless you're a Cowboys hater or a complete idiot. He was, is and always will be Allen's inferior.

It is what I said inbred. or hoss. or DUDE. You even quoted me. I said a case could be made for McDaniel. And left it at that. Which means a case could be made that he was as good or maybe even better. Either way, it's doubtful you watched much of McDaniel to make an informed decision anyway.

Now go back to slurping on Parcells ballz---they're getting blue from the cold draft.

Reaction score

Thats a crock. Sanders saw plenty of 3 linebacker sets. And Detroit did not run the Run and Shoot his entire career.

As sbk said, he is the 3rd leading rusher of all time. Had he not retired early, he very well be number one. The guy cranked out a 2,000 yard season when most backs start slacking off.

Emmitt Smith gained 4.4 EVERY TIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL! Fact.

I agree, Barry had bad playoff games. i still put him SLIGHTLY above Smith.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Dude, you're like one of the dumbest football fans I've ever come across. WTF are you talking about?

Maybe that 3 LB set is the one that confused him into a negative yds rushing in a playoff game result

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

You don't know s-hit about the draft and so you spend all your paperboy money to by these glossy magazines from Kiper, McShay, etc, and come back and parrot them and think you have a credible opinion because you PAID FOR IT.

Sure Barry's faced a few 3 LB sets, but not nearly as many as Emmitt. Barry wasn't facing 8 in a box as regularly as Emmitt. But for the most part, he faced against nickle and dime packages with zone blocking.

I more than likely watched more of Barry than a punk like you due to my geographic locale.

That's funny coming from an inbred.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats a crock. Sanders saw plenty of 3 linebacker sets. And Detroit did not run the Run and Shoot his entire career.

He had one season where they ran a more conventional offense (with a FB in alot of the time) and then he complained about it and the follwing yr they went back to a 1 back set with 3 WR's on the field.

He absolutely did take advantage of teams playing alot of nickel and dime defenses against him. He deserves credit for alot of the great plays he had, but I still dont think he was as good an overall player as Emmitt was.

sbk92

Reaction score
Just because he will go in as a first ballot does not make him the GOAT.

It certainly makes him a realistic candidate for it.

The NFL historians think he's an all timer. Some retarded black kid doesn't.

Who to choose?

That was rhetorical. I wasn't axing.

And a guy that cannot run the full WR rout tree is not the best. I don't need sportswriters to form my opinion, which you are doing in this case, but since you going to tout sportswriters opinions, I doubt that any one of those sportswriters would take the best punter over the best CB.

I don't use writers for my opinion. My brilliance stands alone. I'm just pointing out a group of men who get paid to follow the league, guys with no team bias, have told you that Jackson is the clear cut, not maybe, best WR in the division. Even a top 10 WR in all of football.

They apparently don't agree with your can't run the full route tree nonsense you pulled out of the homer handbook.

I don't either.

It is what I said inbred. or hoss. or DUDE. You even quoted me. I said a case could be made for McDaniel. And left it at that. Which means a case could be made that he was as good or maybe even better. Either way, it's doubtful you watched much of McDaniel to make an informed decision anyway.

lol It's exactly what you said. A case can be made that he's better.

Which leads me back to my response. If you can make a case for it, you're a full fledged f'n ******.

I didn't see much of McDaniel's career. I saw all of it. Not even close to Larry Allen.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just remember this one fact you can't get around.

If Sanders cared two shats about the rushing record, he'd have it right now.

Tut tut! It's true. No matter who I believe is the better back.

No doubt, running in that type of ofeense and facing nickel and dime defense. But no championships. Here is one fact tha tyou cannot get around: EMMITT IS A CHAMPION. A 3 TIME CHAMPION.

sbk92

Reaction score
No doubt, running in that type of ofeense and facing nickel and dime defense. But no championships. Here is one fact tha tyou cannot get around: EMMITT IS A CHAMPION. A 3 TIME CHAMPION.

lol

Barry Sanders.

Played his entire career against nickel and dime defenses.

Those defensive coordinators never caught wind of this guy's ability, apparently.

Honestly. This is why fans aren't ever taken seriously. You get people like this dude and dbair saying the absolute most moronic f'n things to defend their team and it's players while avoiding ever crediting a rival. It can't be Barry was obviously great, I think Emmitt was better. No. It has to be Sanders never saw 3 LBs! He nickel and dimed it!!

C

Cr122

And not to mention Barry played behind some pathetic lines.

Emmitt played behind some very good ones.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

No he didn't. There aren't too many 3 LBs in nickel and dime packages. And ok... Detroit didn't run the Run-N-Shoot for Barry's entire career, they ran the run-n-shoot all but the last two years of Barry's career. Wayne Fontes instilled the run-n-shoot from '88 to '96. How do you think June Jones got it going? He was on Fontes' staff.

As sbk said, he is the 3rd leading rusher of all time. Had he not retired early, he very well be number one. The guy cranked out a 2,000 yard season when most backs start slacking off.

But what was his playoff rushing like? As for the 2,000 yards...zone blocking, like what Davis had in Denver when he rsuhed for 2,000 yards. Emmitt leads all rushers in TDs. What good is it for Barry to rush for all thsoe yards and then get into the red zone and/or goalline and to be taken out because his style of running was a detriment? He's also the #1 leading rusher of negative yards.

I supposed Barry slacked off in the playoffs.

Emmitt Smith gained 4.4 EVERY TIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL! Fact.

I agree, Barry had bad playoff games. i still put him SLIGHTLY above Smith.

He was worthless in the playoffs. That's when players are supposed to step up their game. He didn't. And of course you would, because it's all about highlight reels with people like you. Barry is the most dazzling runner of all time, and that's it.

If it's 4th and 1 on the goal linewith the game on the line, who do you have in there, Emmitt or Barry? Emmitt of course, because Barry is on the sidelines.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
FYI, Sanders played in six playoff games. The reason those 6 teams made the playoffs? Barry Sanders.

While employing the run-n-shoot offense where he had such WRs as Herman Moore, Brett Perrimen, and Johnny Morton. But Barry is also the reason why they faltered in the playoffs.

Reaction score
Wow. There is an excuse for everything. Nickel defense! Zone blocking!

You don't luck into being the third all time rusher.

Brett Perriman! OMG!

Reaction score
I mean, all Emmitt had was Troy Aikman!

Barry had Rodney Peete, Andre Ware, Scott Mitchell, Dave Krieg, Dan Majikowski, Eric Kramer!

Top Bottom