GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
how much would you be willing to trade to land Andrew Luck?

Players and/or Picks

this is pretty hard for me to gauge..but I would give up a lot...Id almost have no issues trading some real BIG names

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Since, at worst, our pick would be in the middle of the rounds it would most likely take our 1st, our 2nd, a 2013 1st and Dez Bryant.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
id do that in a heartbeat

It still might not do it. If the Colts or Rams get the #1 pick they might trade it. Possibly Arizona, Minnesota, and Carolina (I see them winning too many games to be in the running) too.

Miami, Seattle, Denver, Washington, and Cleveland won't even listen to phone calls.

We'd then have to turn around and trade Romo because if we gave up that much for Luck there would be expectations for him to start immediately.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It still might not do it. If the Colts or Rams get the #1 pick they might trade it. Possibly Arizona, Minnesota, and Carolina (I see them winning too many games to be in the running) too.

Miami, Seattle, Denver, Washington, and Cleveland won't even listen to phone calls.

We'd then have to turn around and trade Romo because if we gave up that much for Luck there would be expectations for him to start immediately.

you are 100% right on everything you said

its incredibly unlikely..but having Jerry as our Owner increases our odds from 0% to .01%

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I havent seen much of Luck play, only some highlights here and there and parts of a couple other games. I assumed what everyone was saying about him was true.

That said, Phil Simms' remarks on Luck seem to have some warrant after what I saw vs USC and the other game I watched him. Maybe some of it is the offensive system he plays in, but the "wow" throws like you would see with Elway or Aikman when they came out are NOT there.

Not saying he isnt an outstanding prospect, but I dont think he's the next Elway or Aikman.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I havent seen much of Luck play, only some highlights here and there and parts of a couple other games. I assumed what everyone was saying about him was true.

That said, Phil Simms' remarks on Luck seem to have some warrant after what I saw vs USC and the other game I watched him. Maybe some of it is the offensive system he plays in, but the "wow" throws like you would see with Elway or Aikman when they came out are NOT there.

Not saying he isnt an outstanding prospect, but I dont think he's the next Elway or Aikman.

I don't think he's any better or worse a prospect than Aaron Rodgers coming out. And Rodgers played under the notorious QB killer Tim Tedford.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
There is no way that kid can live up to the hype they are shoving on his shoulders. I feel sorry for him.

Reaction score
He's going to be a very good player, no doubt, but I don't feel the same for him as when Elway, Aikman, and Manning came out. I did see one thing that concerned me in the USC game...when it really counted they went away from the pass and ran the ball...almost as if the coach had lost a little confidence in Luck after the pick 6.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's going to be a very good player, no doubt, but I don't feel the same for him as when Elway, Aikman, and Manning came out. I did see one thing that concerned me in the USC game...when it really counted they went away from the pass and ran the ball...almost as if the coach had lost a little confidence in Luck after the pick 6.

after the pick 6 he tore apart the USC secondary and marched right down the field.

Reaction score
after the pick 6 he tore apart the USC secondary and marched right down the field.
43 of the 76 yards on that final drive were through a penalty and the ground game.

Then in overtime they called 11 runs and 4 passes.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
43 of the 76 yards on that final drive were through a penalty and the ground game.

Then in overtime they called 11 runs and 4 passes.

He looked pretty calm and controlled out there. The penalty was a damn good pass that hit the Stanford WR between 2 USC defenders.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
how much would you be willing to trade to land Andrew Luck?

Players and/or Picks

this is pretty hard for me to gauge..but I would give up a lot...Id almost have no issues trading some real BIG names

Nothing.

I'd keep Romo and draft a QB early to groom under him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He looked pretty calm and controlled out there. The penalty was a damn good pass that hit the Stanford WR between 2 USC defenders.

I think USC played a good game and that was some of it (especially the first half), but I didnt come away wowed by Luck at all. As I said in previous post, Simms' comments seem to have some warrant.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think USC played a good game and that was some of it (especially the first half), but I didnt come away wowed by Luck at all. As I said in previous post, Simms' comments seem to have some warrant.

i never really payed much attention to it prior to Simms' comments..going back and watching some highlights, i definitely do not see the arm strength or the big time nfl throws..that is worrisome

Top Bottom